creating a drain port + premix choices

MorganO

hallo

so shortly ill be acquiring parts for a custom waterloop, now i just need to figure out what parts i need to create a drain port for the loop, if anyone could be so kind to tell me which parts i need it would be greatly appreciated.

prefer EK parts as  it will match with the rest

also i want a red fluid but i dont know which i should get and who from, im looking at PREMIX only (its easier for me) any suggestions for that would be great.

CPU: Intel9-9900k 5.0GHz at 1.36v  | Cooling: Custom Loop | MOTHERBOARD: ASUS ROG Z370 Maximus X Hero | RAM: CORSAIR 32GB DDR4-3200 VENGEANCE PRO RGB  | GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080Ti | PSU: CORSAIR RM850X + Cablemod modflex white cables | BOOT DRIVE: 250GB SSD Samsung 850 evo | STORAGE: 7.75TB | CASE: Fractal Design Define R6 BLackout | Display: SAMSUNG OLED 34 UW | Keyboard: HyperX Alloy elite RGB |  Mouse: Corsair M65 PRO RGB | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Phone: iPhone 11 Pro Max 256GB

4 hours ago, KOMTechAndGaming said:

hallo

so shortly ill be acquiring parts for a custom waterloop, now i just need to figure out what parts i need to create a drain port for the loop, if anyone could be so kind to tell me which parts i need it would be greatly appreciated.

prefer EK parts as  it will match with the rest

also i want a red fluid but i dont know which i should get and who from, im looking at PREMIX only (its easier for me) any suggestions for that would be great.

Usually: Ball valve, T-splitter, male-to-male dual rotary, stop fitting.

I would recommend EK-CryoFuel, although I have not used the red one/

5 hours ago, For Science! said:

if think the pump i have/getting has 3  ports on the pump part is it ok to omit the t splitter?(at the start atleast)

CPU: Intel9-9900k 5.0GHz at 1.36v  | Cooling: Custom Loop | MOTHERBOARD: ASUS ROG Z370 Maximus X Hero | RAM: CORSAIR 32GB DDR4-3200 VENGEANCE PRO RGB  | GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080Ti | PSU: CORSAIR RM850X + Cablemod modflex white cables | BOOT DRIVE: 250GB SSD Samsung 850 evo | STORAGE: 7.75TB | CASE: Fractal Design Define R6 BLackout | Display: SAMSUNG OLED 34 UW | Keyboard: HyperX Alloy elite RGB |  Mouse: Corsair M65 PRO RGB | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Phone: iPhone 11 Pro Max 256GB

58 minutes ago, KOMTechAndGaming said:

if think the pump i have/getting has 3  ports on the pump part is it ok to omit the t splitter?(at the start atleast)

You basically at that point would need a G1/4 male to male adapter and get a ball valve drain port. Then when you need to drain it you just screw on a cheap barb with soft tubing to the ball valve fitting run it out of the case and drain away~

2 hours ago, PPCs-Kat said:

You basically at that point would need a G1/4 male to male adapter and get a ball valve drain port. Then when you need to drain it you just screw on a cheap barb with soft tubing to the ball valve fitting run it out of the case and drain away~

Yea this is all you have to do 100% 

8 hours ago, For Science! said:

I've used ek cryofuel red.  Never again.  It's the most lack luster red very dull and kg u have at all any distilled water in your rads after flushing etc it makes the red more and more pink. 

Plus takes a while to flush that stuff out as it sticks around I've had 3 vinegar and distilled water passes already and it's still in there. 

Faith: WIP

Cpu: intel 6700k

RAM: g.skill ripjaw v 3200mhz 16 18 18 38 2n 32gb 4x8gb

MB: Asrock extreme 7+

GPU: GTX 1080 TI Poseidon Platinum Asus ROG
PSU: Cougar 1050W 80+ gold

Case: IN WIN 509 ROG [ black red ]

Cooling: Barrow Fittings, Block, 360mm x 60mm rad, 18w d5 pump, 210 res, EK blood red premix. Poseidon GPU block

SETUP: BenQ 27" 144hz|BenQ 28" 1080p VA 60HZ|Corsair Strafe RGB|Razer DeathAdDer Chroma|ATH IM70|E10k Olympus 2 amp|DX Racer King

Just now, vESP said:

I've used ek cryofuel red.  Never again.  It's the most lack luster red very dull and kg u have at all any distilled water in your rads after flushing etc it makes the red more and more pink. 

Plus takes a while to flush that stuff out as it sticks around I've had 3 vinegar and distilled water passes already and it's still in there. 

IMG20170803090639.jpg

Faith: WIP

Cpu: intel 6700k

RAM: g.skill ripjaw v 3200mhz 16 18 18 38 2n 32gb 4x8gb

MB: Asrock extreme 7+

GPU: GTX 1080 TI Poseidon Platinum Asus ROG
PSU: Cougar 1050W 80+ gold

Case: IN WIN 509 ROG [ black red ]

Cooling: Barrow Fittings, Block, 360mm x 60mm rad, 18w d5 pump, 210 res, EK blood red premix. Poseidon GPU block

SETUP: BenQ 27" 144hz|BenQ 28" 1080p VA 60HZ|Corsair Strafe RGB|Razer DeathAdDer Chroma|ATH IM70|E10k Olympus 2 amp|DX Racer King

14 hours ago, PPCs-Kat said:

cheers :)

12 hours ago, vESP said:

IMG20170803090639.jpg

do you have alternative fluid suggestions , im thinking a a deep blue or i might just go with clear fluid (premix) then add colouring afterwards 

I used mayhems blood red (x1 clear i think) in my build last year, it lasted fine for 10 months, got a bit darker by the end but when i cleaned my loop and refilled it with distilled water i didnt see any residue, and i didnt dismantle my gpu/cpu blocks and there was no residue there either.

This time i went with mayhems x1 clear and added some mayhems non stain pink/red dye, mainly because i had a bottle of clear from last year that i never used and i didnt want to waste!

Build Log : Red N White Army

System Specs

NZXT S340

i7 4790k

Z97 MSI Gaming 5

Palit 980 Ti Super Jetstream

16GB HyperX Savage 1866 RAM

Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD

EVGA 750W G2 PSU

Custom Cooling Loop

4 minutes ago, THFourteen said:

I used mayhems blood red (x1 clear i think) in my build last year, it lasted fine for 10 months, got a bit darker by the end but when i cleaned my loop and refilled it with distilled water i didnt see any residue, and i didnt dismantle my gpu/cpu blocks and there was no residue there either.

This time i went with mayhems x1 clear and added some mayhems non stain pink/red dye, mainly because i had a bottle of clear from last year that i never used and i didnt want to waste!

https://www.scan.co.uk/products/1l-mayhems-x1-blood-red-coolant 

this stuff?

5 minutes ago, KOMTechAndGaming said:

That's the stuff.

It didn't look like that in my loop though, it looked like this : 

Build Log : Red N White Army

System Specs

NZXT S340

i7 4790k

Z97 MSI Gaming 5

Palit 980 Ti Super Jetstream

16GB HyperX Savage 1866 RAM

Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD

EVGA 750W G2 PSU

Custom Cooling Loop

Just now, THFourteen said:

That's the stuff.

It didn't look like that in my loop though, it looked like this : 

thanks dude