Malware hidden in cCleaner debacle...

TidaLWaveZ
Go to solution Solved by YamiYukiSenpai,

I was playing Mass Effect Andromeda multiplayer today, and it was lagging like crazy

Closed CCleaner and it was smooth as silk again.

Dunno if the had anything to do with it.

35 minutes ago, Arokhantos said:

Is it so hard to run your favorite browser and clean those yourself ? you don't need Ccleaner for that.

Not hard, CCleaner just makes it more convenient.  I never said it was necessary, I just said why it was better.

20 minutes ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

I see no reason for that. The registry cleaner will list everything it plans to remove for you to check before doing anything, so it's only as unsafe as you wan to make it. And it offers to back up the current registry, so...

Not that there is any problem with clicking clean all, no backup please anyway :P 

Registry cleaning is the only thing I use it for, I would have no use for CCleaner otherwise.

Until you completely hose your  registry, can't boot to Windows and thus have no way to restore said backup. :P 

17 minutes ago, Jito463 said:

Until you completely hose your  registry, can't boot to Windows and thus have no way to restore said backup. :P 

I'll let you know if and when that happens - but make yourself comfortable for the wait ;) 

hold on, only the version 5.33 was injected by malware? 

uhmm any other apps that performs the same as CCleaner as an alternative? 

cleaning junks and registry... 

Some more information about the Command & Control Malware included in CCleaner: http://blog.talosintelligence.com/2017/09/ccleaner-c2-concern.html.

The malware might have been aimed specifically at tech corporations and has been active.

CPU Ryzen 7 5800X | MoBo MSI B550 Gaming Plus | RAM 32GB Teamgroup @3600/18 | GPU EVGA RTX 3070 Ti FTW | Case Enthoo Pro M SE
PSU bq! Straight Power 11 Plat. 750W CM | Cooling Scythe Fuma 2 & 5x Corsair ML140 | Sound SB Z Retail | Storage Samsung 970 EVO 500GB
Display(s) Iiyama GB3461WQSU, Dell 24", LG 34UM95 | Keyboard Kinesis Freestyle Edge | Mouse Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum | OS Windows 11

I like Ccleaner and it should be fine again. Are there any other Tools that are also good and clean the registry like Ccleaner does?

Just now, Buurvrouw said:

I like Ccleaner and it should be fine again. Are there any other Tools that are also good and clean the registry like Ccleaner does?

There really is no reason to clean the registry. Back XP days, yes, but thats not the case anymore. It causes more harm then good.

So, is this shit still going? I have CC 5.32 installed and I should update to latest version or just completely uninstall that shit?

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

2 hours ago, CTR640 said:

So, is this shit still going? I have CC 5.32 installed and I should update to latest version or just completely uninstall that shit?

5.34 fixed it

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>