console vs pc i guess?

penmaster33
1 minute ago, Takieght said:

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/OblivionXBA/saved/sckmGX

This computer is $450 and will kick the ass of a PS4 Pro. Before you say it's $50 more, using a PS4 Pro you have to pay for online which is $60 anyway...

No mouse/keyboard or blu ray player.

Ion (Main Build)                                                                                        Overall Setup

i5 6500 3.2 GHz                                                                     -Blue snowball (White) thanks goodwill

MSI Mortar Arctic                                                                   -Logitech K120

Asus 1060 6GB Dual                                                             -Logitech Daedalus Prime G302

PNY CS1311 120 GB                                                            -Mousepad I made in 1st grade with my name on it                                                 

WD Caviar Blue 1 TB                                                              

Crucial Ballistix Sport LT White 16GB (8x2GB) 2400

NZXT S340 White

Corsair CXM 450W 

Lenovo H320 (Old Pre-built PC)                                      Possible upgrade for H320          

i5 650 3.2 GHz (heh)                                                                                    Xeon X3470

Motherboard unknown                                                       Same Motherboard

iGPU                                                                                   GT 1030 (MSI Low Profile Half Height)

Crucial 240GB SSD                                                           Crucial 240GB SSD

6GB DDR3 (4+2GB)                                                           8-10GB DDR3 (4+2+2GB/4+4+2GB)

Lenovo H320 case                                                             Lenovo H320 case

Unknown PSU (210W?)                                                     Same PSU (210W?)    

1 minute ago, nerdslayer1 said:

nope, too much, 400$, can this pc do VR? ps4 pro has PSVR what about 4k Blueray, Netflix? 

You don't mention how you would have to purchase VR for the PS4 anyway so you can't do that for the $400. Can you have mods for all games? More than one option to multiple services, mass customization of many factors, change game settings, multiple monitors, the choice on hardware, unlocked frame rates, true access to real 4k, multiple sources to get my games from? Didn't think so...

Just now, Takieght said:

1. Hackers are in console games too just google it

pc games also have hackers 

Just now, Takieght said:

2. You can make PC's the same price as consoles with better performance

nope 

Just now, Takieght said:

3. There are OS updates on consoles too

yup, that can also happen in the background 

5. What do you mean by fiddling? I don't fiddle with my PC...

yes you do, consoles are plug and go, you don't have to build one also ps3 from 2006 had games releasing for it in 2013( last of us and gta 5 in 2014/2015), pc from 2006 is outdated, 

3 minutes ago, QuantumBit said:

No mouse/keyboard or blu ray player.

Don't need a blue ray player and you can pick up any old keyboard and mouse package for $10

You don't mention how you would have to purchase VR for the PS4 anyway so you can't do that for the $400

does it have the capability for VR? a ps4 pro for 400$ has that

Can you have mods for all games? More than one option to multiple services, mass customization of many factors, change game settings, multiple monitors, the choice on hardware, unlocked frame rates, true access to real 4k, multiple sources to get my games from? Didn't think so...

not everybody cares about that also your pc didn't beat the ps4 pro for 400$, no 4k Blueray and Netflix support. 

Just now, Takieght said:

Don't need a blue ray player and you can pick up any old keyboard and mouse package for $10

Alright then add that to the price, also when I say blu ray I mean to say that you pay $400 for the whole PS4 + bluray + mouse/keyboard.

Ion (Main Build)                                                                                        Overall Setup

i5 6500 3.2 GHz                                                                     -Blue snowball (White) thanks goodwill

MSI Mortar Arctic                                                                   -Logitech K120

Asus 1060 6GB Dual                                                             -Logitech Daedalus Prime G302

PNY CS1311 120 GB                                                            -Mousepad I made in 1st grade with my name on it                                                 

WD Caviar Blue 1 TB                                                              

NZXT S340 White

Corsair CXM 450W 

Lenovo H320 (Old Pre-built PC)                                      Possible upgrade for H320          

i5 650 3.2 GHz (heh)                                                                                    Xeon X3470

Motherboard unknown                                                       Same Motherboard

iGPU                                                                                   GT 1030 (MSI Low Profile Half Height)

Crucial 240GB SSD                                                           Crucial 240GB SSD

6GB DDR3 (4+2GB)                                                           8-10GB DDR3 (4+2+2GB/4+4+2GB)

Lenovo H320 case                                                             Lenovo H320 case

Unknown PSU (210W?)                                                     Same PSU (210W?)    

Just now, nerdslayer1 said:

pc games also have hackers 

nope 

yup, that can also happen in the background 

yes you do, consoles are plug and go, you don't have to build one also ps3 from 2006 had games releasing for it in 2013( last of us and gta 5 in 2014/2015), pc from 2006 is outdated, 

Nope? Care to provide proof? They don't all happen in the background... Also if I go out and buy a pre made PC I can plug it in and play. Also just because it had games from 2015 does not mean they were good. Did you see Black Ops 3?

57 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

does it have the capability for VR? a ps4 pro for 400$ has that

not everybody cares about that also your pc didn't beat the ps4 pro for 400$, no 4k Blueray and Netflix support. 

oi mate those were some good points

Just now, QuantumBit said:

Alright then add that to the price, also when I say blu ray I mean to say that you pay $400 for the whole PS4 + bluray + mouse/keyboard.

Yes, but you still have the cost of online play + your games cost more

Just now, penmaster33 said:

oi mate those were some good points

Except the PS4 PRro does not have VR for $400. There is still the price buying the VR Headset

56 minutes ago, Takieght said:

Except the PS4 PRro does not have VR for $400. There is still the price buying the VR Headset

well yeah but I mean you made good points

Yes, but you still have the cost of online play + your games cost more

While $60 seems alot, you need to have in mind this is over an entire year.

WD Caviar Blue 1 TB                                                              

NZXT S340 White

Corsair CXM 450W 

Just now, Takieght said:

They don't all happen in the background

yes they do, on ps4 pro rest mode 

-http://manuals.playstation.net/document/gb/ps4/settings/autoupdate.html 

2 minutes ago, Takieght said:

Also if I go out and buy a pre made PC I can plug it in and play.

show me a pre-made pc for 400$ that's better than a ps4 pro, new. 

Also just because it had games from 2015 does not mean they were good.

yes, last of us and gta 5 were good games 

Did you see Black Ops 3?

nope , i hate COD games 

Just now, penmaster33 said:

still you shouldn't have to pay for online

i agree but you get "free games" and social features. 

yes they do, on ps4 pro rest mode 

-http://manuals.playstation.net/document/gb/ps4/settings/autoupdate.html 

show me a pre-made pc for 400$ that's better than a ps4 pro, new. 

yes, last of us and gta 5 were good games 

nope , i hate COD games 

1. GTA V came out in 2013... and Black Ops 3 looked horrendous on PS3 

1. GTA V came out in 2013.

ok.. it can still run gta 5, remember the hardware is from 2006 

Black Ops 3 looked horrendous on PS3

it can still run it due to optimization 

8 minutes ago, Takieght said:

1. Hackers are in console games too just google it

2. You can make PC's the same price as consoles with better performance

3. There are OS updates on consoles too

4. How is it easier to play with friends? Steam has all of the same options as XBOX with more choices

5. What do you mean by fiddling? I don't fiddle with my PC...

It's actually hard to beat the value of a $250 PS4 ( IIRC, you can get them for that) with a new PC. THey're more convenient, and easier to just grab a controller and play. They're simpler too, thus why lot's of non-techies can still enjoy games without being frustrated by some windows or driver thing they don't understand. Basically they're simpler and easier to use, and factoring in exclusives and such, they aren't a terrible value. I'm still solidly a PC person (plus a Switch, Imma get myself one for Christmas) due to the customization in game settings and such. But if you wanna just jump on the couch, grab a controller and be up and running, consoles are pretty awesome. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

ok.. it can still run gta 5, remember the hardware is from 2006 

it can still run it due to optimization 

Just because it can run doesn't mean the game is playable

Just now, Zando Bob said:

It's actually hard to beat the value of a $250 PS4 ( IIRC, you can get them for that) with a new PC. THey're more convenient, and easier to just grab a controller and play. They're simpler too, thus why lot's of non-techies can still enjoy games without being frustrated by some windows or driver thing they don't understand. Basically they're simpler and easier to use, and factoring in exclusives and such, they aren't a terrible value. I'm still solidly a PC person (plus a Switch, Imma get myself one for Christmas) due to the customization in game settings and such. But if you wanna just jump on the couch, grab a controller and be up and running, consoles are pretty awesome. 

We're talking about the PS4 Pro

Just now, Takieght said:

Just because it can run doesn't mean the game is playable

"playable" is relative, a pc from 2006 can't even run it.  

build a pc for 400$ that can beat the ps4 pro, have 4k BlueRay support, 4k Netflix support and small form factor. 

Just now, Takieght said:

Oh. Still stands that it's a really powerful console, well optimized, convenient to use, and much more accessible to non-techies who are daunted by the prospect of a PC. (literally, I grew up with laptops so didn't really know what to think of desktops)

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

we are talking about consoles, that's what this topic is about