console vs pc i guess?

penmaster33

This is an argument that has been going on for decades.

Who cares? Consoles are great at what they do. I have a great rig and find myself on my PS4 Pro far more often cause most of my friends are on it.

I work 10-12 hour days. When I come home from work, I turn on my PS4 and spend time with the family. Its seamless and easy. I can care less if it looks better or performs better. Those just aren't on my worry list these days. 

Don't get me wrong I still use my PC for Guild Wars 2 and some other games. But I find myself more often on my consoles these days.

Consoles and PCs will continue to thrive is my hope

CPU: Ryzen R7 1800x (4.0GHz) | AIO: Master Liquid Pro 240 | MOBO:  MSI X370 XPOWER GAMING TITANIUM

RAM:  Gskill TridentZ RGB 3200(16gb) | GPU: Evga FTW ACX  3.0 GTX 1080(2x)

SSD: Samsung Evo 250gb | HSSD: Seagate 2TB | Case: InWin 303 Black | PSU: Evga 210 1000w

Things that consoles do better than PCs:

1. They have UIs that are generally better designed for playing on a TV and they're also better as media boxes for this reason. Although for the latter there's not much reason to get a console anymore given that BluRay players are cheap and most functions like Netflix, YouTube, DLNA etc are built into modern TVs. The only exception here is UHD BluRay playback and the XBOne S. Good luck getting UHD BluRays to work on a PC without a LOT of effort (thanks DRM!)

2. Portable consoles exist, portable gaming PCs aren't really a thing. Sure you can get a laptop and sure there are some mini-PCs built like portable consoles but it's not really the same. If you want to have a truly portable gaming experience you'd be better off with a Switch or even a 3DS than a laptop.

3. Exclusives. It's no good having a "better" system if it can't run the game you want to play.

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing

On 9/14/2017 at 5:09 PM, penmaster33 said:

so what do consoles do better I'm not trying to say pc is better than consoles, consoles are fun I like the ps2 but I mean like what do consoles do better?

Well honestly not much. Both browse internet, both have DRM's (PC has alot), you buy games on both, and a lot more.

Honestly, only thing I love about console is that it has the ability of splitscreen. I know that PC does this but it dosen't appear on a lot of games. Look at the COD series: Console; CoD 5  2-way Splitscreen PC; No splitscreen. CoD Bo1: Console; 2-way Splitscreen. PC; No splitscreen. BO2: 4-way splitscreen. PC; NO splitscreen (By this time we PC should have had at least 2-way splitscreen). CoD Bo3: 4-way splitscreen. PC; Finally 2-way splitscreen!!! But really how in damn hell Activision took so damn long to get us 2-WAY splitscreen. For ppl that say that I can make splitscreen on CoD WaW on pC it is actually hard and I never got to make it :( .

On 9/14/2017 at 5:09 PM, penmaster33 said:

p.s I'm not trying to be a pc elitist or anything I swear 

.I know, you just want to know what's on both sides :).

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/14/2017 at 10:17 PM, Takieght said:

Why bring them up if they can apply to both sides seems pointless...

Exclusives? The PC has way more exclusives...

If I have a console, I'm going to worry that the game I want isn't going to run very well and look like shit.

Overall these points seem pointless. Could you maybe give a bit more insight to your view on them?

Thats the point, because you dont have. 

Trust me, a worries about bad performance of the games disappears once you switch to game on them. 

On pc its constant mind fight, will this or that game going to run as smooth on my pc as the earlier game i played on. On consoles its like ah ok, everything runs always the same i cant change it, lets play it. 

i think for me, i love console gaming for the ability to simply sit further back from the screen. Couch gaming is far easier on my eyes and much more comfortable

On 11/4/2017 at 5:00 PM, Nedkely said:

Thats the point, because you dont have. 

Trust me, a worries about bad performance of the games disappears once you switch to game on them. 

On pc its constant mind fight, will this or that game going to run as smooth on my pc as the earlier game i played on. On consoles its like ah ok, everything runs always the same i cant change it, lets play it. 

Yeah it does always run the same like shit. Why should you just accept that. And I don't worry if my PC won't be able to run something. That hardly happens with anyone.

On 11/6/2017 at 3:25 AM, JJ smith said:

i think for me, i love console gaming for the ability to simply sit further back from the screen. Couch gaming is far easier on my eyes and much more comfortable

You can do that on a PC.

55 minutes ago, Takieght said:

Yeah it does always run the same like shit. Why should you just accept that. And I don't worry if my PC won't be able to run something. That hardly happens with anyone.

Because getting anything better will cost you twice if not three times as much. 

And its not the case with running something, it is all about if you will be able to play the new games at the settings you use in your games right now. 

Nvidia will not let you that without upgrading, unless you will "hurt" your eyes with less than 60 fps. 

17 hours ago, Nedkely said:

Because getting anything better will cost you twice if not three times as much. 

And its not the case with running something, it is all about if you will be able to play the new games at the settings you use in your games right now. 

Nvidia will not let you that without upgrading, unless you will "hurt" your eyes with less than 60 fps. 

Think about this. You buy a 600 dollar killer PC. Everythings great your playing way better than a console ever has. A new game comes out. The console plays it at 720p 30fps. You were playing the other games at Ultra 1080p 60fps. Now after turning only a few settings down to very high. *gasp*. You're playing it at 1080p 60fps Ultra/Very high