Arch on raspberry Pi 3. Little lightning icon on top.

What does this mean? 

Does this mean that my one does not have enough power? 

IMG_0316.thumb.jpg.8b3416923b6186992bbe1631aa85acb4.jpg

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

That is an indication that you don't have a power supply that is able to output as much as the Pi wants. It should work, though. 

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

4 minutes ago, Jamiec1130 said:

That is an indication that you don't have a power supply that is able to output as much as the Pi wants. It should work, though. 

The one I bought was a 5V 2.5A power charger .. at least the package says so. 

What kind of charger do you recommend ? Also can I use my Anker desktop charger to charge it? 

Just now, mrchow19910319 said:

The one I bought was a 5V 2.5A power charger .. at least the package says so. 

What kind of charger do you recommend ? Also can I use my Anker desktop charger to charge it? 

I'd get one of the Raspberry Pi Foundation power adapters. They're reliable.

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

the icons in the top right corner indicate vareous power-related issues, they should be universal but for some odd reason google refuses to load for me so i cant quite give you the list or sensible troubleshooting steps ATM :P

50 minutes ago, manikyath said:

the icons in the top right corner indicate vareous power-related issues, they should be universal but for some odd reason google refuses to load for me so i cant quite give you the list or sensible troubleshooting steps ATM :P

so.. after some hard-handed network maintenance i got things rolling again... and its as i expected.

the lighting icon means that the pi is falling below the usb voltage spec of 4.5 volts, AKA either your charger is crap, or your cable is crap or too long.

Did you buy your RPi with each part sold separately or as a kit? I bought this kit when I bought mine: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01D92SSX6/ref=psdc_3015426011_t4_B00L87YMGM

I've had no problems with it.

If you don't have a case or heatsinks (probably not necessary, but I wanted to be on the safe side) this $14 kit is basically the same thing, but without the RPi or quick start guide included: https://www.vilros.com/shop/raspberry-pi/raspberry-pi-basic-accessory-kit-2/

1 minute ago, noahdvs said:

err... I got it similarly... it is a raspberry pi kit. 

I will deal with this later I guess. 

Right now I have two microSD card, one with raspbian, another with arch on it. 

I felt that arch is more choppy than raspbian... how can I improve it. 

It is okay when browsing files, but in chrome it is more choppy.. 

14 minutes ago, mrchow19910319 said:

err... I got it similarly... it is a raspberry pi kit. 

I will deal with this later I guess. 

Right now I have two microSD card, one with raspbian, another with arch on it. 

I felt that arch is more choppy than raspbian... how can I improve it. 

It is okay when browsing files, but in chrome it is more choppy.. 

Did you install the Xorg driver? https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Raspberry_Pi#Video

What did you mean by choppy? What kind of content? What are you doing in Chrome when it feels choppy?

6 minutes ago, noahdvs said:

What did you mean by choppy? What kind of content? What are you doing in Chrome when it feels choppy?

scrolling pages from top to bottom seems choppy, in chromium. 

for the same website : www.archlinux.org on raspbian it looks normal, but on arch, it feels a bit choppy. 

Just now, mrchow19910319 said:

scrolling pages from top to bottom seems choppy, in chromium. 

for the same website : www.archlinux.org on raspbian it looks normal, but on arch, it feels a bit choppy. 

Not really sure what to tell you. Raspbian has a lot of pre-configured and pre-installed stuff, so it could be just a setting that needs to be changed. How is Firefox?

1 minute ago, noahdvs said:

Havn't tried that yet. I think I will stick with raspbian for now, cos my vpn app supports it. 

On arch I need to manually set up it will take more time. I will do it later. 

5 minutes ago, mrchow19910319 said:

Havn't tried that yet. I think I will stick with raspbian for now, cos my vpn app supports it. 

On arch I need to manually set up it will take more time. I will do it later. 

Arch is cool if you really want to customize your system from the ground up without having to compile everything like Gentoo, but it's kind of a waste of time if you're not that into customizing everything. It's just extra work for me.

Just now, noahdvs said:

Arch is cool if you really want to customize your system from the ground up without having to compile everything like Gentoo, but it's kind of a waste of time if you're not that into customizing everything. It's just extra work for me.

I really like arch too. I will invest more time in it later on.