Why is galax cards is always the cheapest

AhmedElbaz

I recently bought a new pc and its a used one with xeon e5640 @ 2.7GHz and 8 gigs of ddr3 ram... as u see i am on a tight budget and i want to play something like GTA 5 on med.. so i decided to buy a new video card... a gtx 1050 or ti to be precise and i found a lots of brands one of them was galax it always the cheapest and in some places it was cheaper than rx 460 that have to be cheaper than a normal gtx 1050 and that got me really confused so is it cheap for a reason or i am just over reacting, oh and if u have any other sugg.. i would love to hear "see" it.....thx

GTX 1050 ti is a GTX 1050 ti.

Doesn't matter which brand you get.

But I would advise you to get GTX 1050 Ti, that have at least one 6pin connector on it. This will give you more headroom for overclocking it and getting even more performance out of it. Otherwise Galax is just as good as any other brand.

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB

I would recommend MSI tbh. But Galax is a small company compared to EVGA or whoever, so maybe thats why they are cheaper? Or its because they get really loud under load, but when compared to an MSI or EVGA variant they dont get as loud. 

5 minutes ago, alexjt11 said:

I would recommend MSI tbh. But Galax is a small company compared to EVGA or whoever, so maybe thats why they are cheaper? Or its because they get really loud under load, but when compared to an MSI or EVGA variant they dont get as loud. 

Smaller? By units shopped in the West yeah, but in Asia I don't think so.

They are a great company, with good build quality. They surely can sell things at a lower price because they are asian-based and sell most of them to the asian market. They have less expenses for sure.

Just now, ErrantNyles said:

Smaller? By units shopped in the West yeah, but in Asia I don't think so.

They are a great company, with good build quality. They surely can sell things at a lower price because they are asian-based and sell most of them to the asian market. They have less expenses for sure.

Well, I guess that answers the question. 

I would avoid Galaxy Tech. I had bought two GPU's a few years ago that I was running in SLI.

One of the cards literally burst into flames inside my case. I pulled the plug quickly, and thankfully the only damage was to the GPU itself. It was still under warranty so I went to RMA it.

I was told that the damage to the card wasn't covered by the warranty.

If your card literally bursting into flames for no reason is not covered by warranty then what is?

I sold my other one shortly thereafter, as I didn't want to wait for it to break too and have vowed to never buy another one of their products, no matter how cheap the price is.

so in general they are bad in cooling as u guys said, so if i can afford something like msi of gigabyte would be better, but in overall performance they all are quite the same

I'm not sure how you make that conclusion.

The price list isn't exactly cheaper for all units, it just cheaper for few line up.

Zotac overall still offering same value as Galax.

Why they were cheaper?
Maybe because less marketing budget, and less fancy build.

It's competition, big company charge consumers for more money because they can. smaller company have to compete with it.

But then again, Galax isn't small company either, they've been around since 90's

2 hours ago, AhmedElbaz said:

I recently bought a new pc and its a used one with xeon e5640 @ 2.7GHz and 8 gigs of ddr3 ram... as u see i am on a tight budget and i want to play something like GTA 5 on med.. so i decided to buy a new video card... a gtx 1050 or ti to be precise and i found a lots of brands one of them was galax it always the cheapest and in some places it was cheaper than rx 460 that have to be cheaper than a normal gtx 1050 and that got me really confused so is it cheap for a reason or i am just over reacting, oh and if u have any other sugg.. i would love to hear "see" it.....thx

Probably a thing of you get what you pay for...

Sure the arguement of 5-8% performance difference kicks in easily due to the same GPU being used, but imo I have better faith in more reputable manufacturers like Asus and EVGA personally.

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K | Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX Z270H | Graphics Card: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1080 Ti OCEdition | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 3000MHz |Storage: 1 x Samsung 830 EVO Series 250GB | 1 x Samsung 960 PRO Series 512GB | 1 x Western Digital Blue 1TB | 1 x Western Digital Blue 4TB | PSU: Corsair RM750x 750W 80+ Gold Power Supply | Case: Cooler Master MasterCase 5 Pro |

Cooling: Corsair H100i v2 // 4x Corsair ML140 RED Fans // 2x Corsair ML120 RED Fans 
---

Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q 1440p 165Hz IPS G-Sync | Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Red LED, Cherry MX Brown Switches | Mouse: Corsair Glaive RGB | Speakers: Logitech Z623 THX Certified Speakers

Dang you're lucky... would love a galax card but they're SUBSTANTIALLY more than other cards where I am.

• 1 year later...
On 9/8/2017 at 3:05 PM, Blebekblebek said:

I'm not sure how you make that conclusion.

The price list isn't exactly cheaper for all units, it just cheaper for few line up.

Zotac overall still offering same value as Galax.

Why they were cheaper?
Maybe because less marketing budget, and less fancy build.

It's competition, big company charge consumers for more money because they can. smaller company have to compete with it.

But then again, Galax isn't small company either, they've been around since 90's

they are cheap in asia compare to any oyher brand they cost nearly 6-10% less than any other brands.

On a side note, for GTAV and other high core count games I would recommend an X5675 for $24 USD.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Intel-Xeon-X5675-6-Core-Processor-SLBYL/392248756729?hash=item5b53d909f9%3Ag%3AjYwAAOSwHQxcdYZH&LH_BIN=1

Black Knight-

Ryzen 5 5600, GIGABYTE B550M DS3H, 16Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Asrock RX 6800 XT Phantom Gaming,

Seasonic Focus GM 750, Samsung EVO 860 EVO SSD M.2, Intel 660p Series M.2 2280 1TB PCIe NVMe, Linux Mint 20.2 Cinnamon

Daughter's Rig;

MSI B450 A Pro, Ryzen 5 3600x, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Silicon Power A55 512GB SSD, Gigabyte RX 5700 Gaming OC, Corsair CX430