Why does Mindfactory asks for VAT identification number

Perismaz

Hello guys. I wanna order some pc parts from Mindfactory.de and the site asks for my personal VAT ID. It's a reliable site, but this was weird. Can someone explain to me the situation? I'm living in Greece btw. Thanks for your time. 

1 minute ago, MkaiL said:

Because they decided not to sell outside germany anymore unless you have a VAT number. You'll have to find another shop.

I can still order from them cause Greece is in Europe so it's ok. But is it safe to give them my vat id? How they know if it's the true one ? 

3 minutes ago, Perismaz said:

I can still order from them cause Greece is in Europe so it's ok. But is it safe to give them my vat id? How they know if it's the true one ? 

You CANNOT order from them. They DO NOT ship outside of Germany, period, unless you have a valid company VAT ID.

They announced they will no longer ship outside germany.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Just now, Perismaz said:

it explicitly says "we do not serve customers outside of Germany". Note that it doesnt state outside of EU. depending on the system in place I would imagine it would check your VAT against the government database and check if it's issued in germany, if it is, the order will go through, if not it will not go through. Time to find a new store i think

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

4 minutes ago, Lurick said:

You CANNOT order from them. They DO NOT ship outside of Germany, period, unless you have a valid company VAT ID.

They announced they will no longer ship outside germany.

They say that if you have a valid vat id from Europe you can order without any trouble. I just found it a bit weird

5 minutes ago, Sierra Fox said:

it explicitly says "we do not serve customers outside of Germany". Note that it doesnt state outside of EU. depending on the system in place I would imagine it would check your VAT against the government database and check if it's issued in germany, if it is, the order will go through, if not it will not go through. Time to find a new store i think

My order is placed already but I have to pay in order to ship me the parts. I just asked if it's normal cause I found it weird 

22 hours ago, Perismaz said:

They say that if you have a valid vat id from Europe you can order without any trouble. I just found it a bit weird

That's same thing. No VAT ID, no ordering outside of Germany. VAT ID and you can order from China if you like.

Like discussed in thread linked, it's about paying taxes to other countries and it being too costly vs money being made.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

On 5.9.2017 at 11:20 PM, Perismaz said:

Yes, it is totally safe if you have a VAT number. If you don't then you can NOT order