PSU custom sleeved chords

LTFoReal
Go to solution Solved by Guest,

It's ok.  A lot of people don't know that.  Many times, Amazon will "turn off" the SKU for Corsair cables because customers will buy them for EVGA power supplies then complain to Amazon that they don't work.

You need to make sure you ASK for "EVGA PS" cables and not just "EVGA" cables.  Because the PS Series is made by Seasonic and uses Seasonic's pin-out.  

On CableMod's website, I do not see anything for the "PS" Series power supplies, so you might want to ask them if the "SE Series" cables will work for you.

So i currently have these white psu cables and i love how they look so i want to maintain the white color, however i didnt realize these were extensions until after I got them and tried to install them haha. Newb mistake I know. With that said, my cable management on the back had to be insane to keep it from looking too horrid back there. Can you guys refer me to a good place to get these in non-extension form?

FB_IMG_1504560234818.jpg

CableMods, they probably have what you want.

You do need a fully modulair PSU tho.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

9 minutes ago, LTFoReal said:

So i currently have these white psu cables and i love how they look so i want to maintain the white color, however i didnt realize these were extensions until after I got them and tried to install them haha. Newb mistake I know. With that said, my cable management on the back had to be insane to keep it from looking too horrid back there. Can you guys refer me to a good place to get these in non-extension form?

-snip-

Not to double post, but the blue cables in my build are modmesh cables from @CableMod :) 

20170521_204853.jpg

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

CableMod. Just make sure your PSU is compatible with their cables, it needs to be fully modular and also on their site.

-----> Official Unofficial Favorite Keyswitch Type Survey <-----

OWNER OF THE FASTEST INTEL iGPU ON LTT UNIGINE SUPERPOSITION [lol]

GAMING RIG "SNOWBLIND"

CPU i5-13600k | COOLING Corsair H150i Elite Capellix 360mm (White) | MOTHERBOARD Gigabyte Z690 Aero G DDR4 | GPU Gigabyte RTX 3070 Vision OC (White) | RAM  16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB (White)SSD Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | PSU ASUS STRIX 850W (White)CASE  Phanteks G360a (White) | HEADPHONES  Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro | KEYBOARD Zoom75 (KTT Strawberry w/ GMK British Racing Green keycaps) | MOUSE  Cooler Master MM711 (White) MONITOR HP X32 1440p 165hz IPS

WORK RIG "OVERPRICED BRICK"

Mac Studio (M2 Ultra / 128GB / 1TB) | HEADPHONES  AirPods Pro 2 | KEYBOARD Logitech MX Mechanical Mini | MOUSE  Logitech MX Master 3S MONITOR 2x Dell 4K 32"

SECONDARY RIG "ALCATRAZ"

CPU i7-4770K OC @ 4.3GHz | COOLING Cryorig M9i (review| MOTHERBOARD ASUS Z87-PROGPU Gigabyte 1650 Super Windforce OC | RAM  16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3 1600 MHzSSD Samsung 860 Evo 512GB | HDD Toshiba 3TB 7200RPMPSU EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750WCASE  NZXT H230 | HEADPHONES  Sony WH-1000XM3  | KEYBOARD Corsair STRAFE - Cherry MX Brown | MOUSE  Logitech G602 MONITOR LG 34UM58-P 34" Ultrawide

HOLA NIGHT THEMERS

GET YOUR ASS ON NIGHT THEME

OTHER TECH I OWN:

MacBook Pro 16" [M1 Pro/32GB/1TB] | 2022 Volkswagen GTI | iPhone 14 Pro | Sony a6000 | Apple Watch Series 8 45mm | 2018 MBP 15" | Lenovo Flex 3 [i7-5500U, HD5500 (fastest on the forum), 8GB RAM, 256GB Samsung 840 Evo] | PS5, Xbox One & Nintendo Switch [Home Theater setup] | DJI Phantom 3 Standard | AirPods 2 | Jaybird Freedom (two pairs) & X2 [long story, PM if you want to know why I have 3 pairs of Jaybirds]

@LTFoReal check us out - if you have a compatible PSU we can make replacement cables for you. If you need any help please email Support@CableMod.com. :)

5 hours ago, LTFoReal said:

FB_IMG_1504560234818.jpg

How do you expect us to provide you an answer when you don't even tell us what kind of PSU it is?

PSU cables are NOT pin compatible from one brand to the next (and often times, not even within one brand), so we can't tell you what to get if we don't know what you're plugging it into.

19 hours ago, Shiv78 said:

CableMod. Just make sure your PSU is compatible with their cables, it needs to be fully modular and also on their site.

Ok will do thanks.

13 hours ago, jonnyGURU said:

How do you expect us to provide you an answer when you don't even tell us what kind of PSU it is?

PSU cables are NOT pin compatible from one brand to the next (and often times, not even within one brand), so we can't tell you what to get if we don't know what you're plugging it into.

So sorry I did not know that. I've got the EVGA PS1000 80 plus platinum. 

It's ok.  A lot of people don't know that.  Many times, Amazon will "turn off" the SKU for Corsair cables because customers will buy them for EVGA power supplies then complain to Amazon that they don't work.

You need to make sure you ASK for "EVGA PS" cables and not just "EVGA" cables.  Because the PS Series is made by Seasonic and uses Seasonic's pin-out.  

On CableMod's website, I do not see anything for the "PS" Series power supplies, so you might want to ask them if the "SE Series" cables will work for you.

On 9/6/2017 at 2:17 PM, jonnyGURU said:

Thanks again, a lot of stuff I never even thought about. Wish it was more centralized, now I see why some people go through the trouble of just making their own.