PC not turning on.

Androby2
14 minutes ago, TBA said:

Hmm. Any metal contacting the motherboard? Besides the screws.

I'm not seeing any.

6 minutes ago, Androby2 said:

I'm not seeing any.

And the only change you made was putting the components back into the case? There is a short somewhere, but as I can't see it I am not sure what to tell you. The last bit of advice I can offer is to try to loosen the motherboard screws a little bit.

If your machine still doesn't boot like it did before you put the components back into your case then take solace in the fact that you know your hardware does work, and that there is simply a short somewhere in your case. Good luck finding it! :)

Please quote or mention me if you would like a timely reply. Thank you!

2 minutes ago, TBA said:

And the only change you made was putting the components back into the case? There is a short somewhere, but as I can't see it I am not sure what to tell you. The last bit of advice I can offer is to try to loosen the motherboard screws a little bit.

If your machine still doesn't boot like it did before you put the components back into your case then take solace in the fact that you know your hardware does work, and that there is simply a short somewhere in your case. Good luck finding it! :)

Thanks, I'll try and find the short.

2 hours ago, TBA said:

I removed the I/O shield and only connected the necessary cables for it to boot(didn't connect the cables for the case fans, power button etc.) It it booted up.

1 minute ago, Androby2 said:

I removed the I/O shield and only connected the necessary cables for it to boot(didn't connect the cables for the case fans, power button etc.) It it booted up.

Now just reconnect the case fans and you should be okay. IO shield helps but not necessary. Just be wary of dust! Glad you got it worked out.

Please quote or mention me if you would like a timely reply. Thank you!

2 hours ago, TBA said:

Now just reconnect the case fans and you should be okay. IO shield helps but not necessary. Just be wary of dust! Glad you got it worked out.

I am so retarded sometimes. The PC wasn't turning on because I was trying to plug the case fans into both the motherboard and the PSU(Molex connector).