Excel is going to drive me nuts. Please help #Value!

Flashie

I'm trying to make a simple portfolio on an Excel spreadsheet that makes use of queries to get live values from the internet for things such as the current bitcoin price and the current exchange rates.

I can reference these values in other cells/sheets; But the moment i make a calculation based off of that reference or off of that amount - It gives me the #Value! error in all of the cells that depend on that cell for its calculation and all there after.

I did things to-a-queue as shown in this video. His however works; Mine doesn't. 

Capture.PNG.3215669a5c6fba579a17021c5abf80cf.PNG

Please tell me what im doing wrong. Im using Office 2016

On 02/09/2017 at 0:32 AM, Flashie said:

I'm trying to make a simple portfolio on an Excel spreadsheet that makes use of queries to get live values from the internet for things such as the current bitcoin price and the current exchange rates.

I can reference these values in other cells/sheets; But the moment i make a calculation based off of that reference or off of that amount - It gives me the #Value! error in all of the cells that depend on that cell for its calculation and all there after.

I did things to-a-queue as shown in this video. His however works; Mine doesn't. 

Capture.PNG.3215669a5c6fba579a17021c5abf80cf.PNG

Please tell me what im doing wrong. Im using Office 2016

without looking at your formulas its going to be very hard to say, many things could give your #VALUE! but as a quick possible solution try:

=D3*B1

Intel Xeon X5650 OC'd to 4Ghz  Sapphire R9 290 Vapor X 4GB  |  Vengeance® K70 & M65  W10 Pro

Without being able to look at what is going on with your file I can just see that you are using both comma and dot as markers for decimals. Choose only one of them and use that for whole thing. Probably better to use dot as thats one US uses.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv