Opinions on build on my mind?

Satrix

Hello, what are your opinions and thoughts on this build

ryzen 5 1600k, amd rx 480 8gb, Asus - STRIX X370F, HyperX Savages 16gb 2666mhz, NZXT 2340 Elite, Corsair purple led fans, Drevo 480gb

please use PCPP and dont use a text color thats almost invisible on night theme. wellcome to the forum.

drop the 1600x for a 1600 and overclock it, depending on the price of the 480 you might be able to get a 1070 almost which will perform better. faster RAM would be a good upgrade and some buik storage too but you can get that later too

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

A good website to use for parts and pricing is PCPartPicker.com

You can use it to find the best price for a component, as well as compatibility issues.

Fan Comparisons          F@H          PCPartPicker         Analysis of Market Trends (Coming soon? Never? Who knows!)

Designing a mITX case. Working on aluminum prototypes.

Open for intern / part-time. Good at maths, CAD and airflow stuff. Dabbled with Python.

Please fill out this form! It helps a ton! https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/841400-the-poll-to-end-all-polls-poll/

r5 1600 instead of the 1600x

try for a 580 8gb instead of the 480(will have longer support)

Get a b350 mobo

try for 3000mhz of 3200mhz ram

Also get a 1tb hdd with a 250hdd for more storage...

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN RESPONDING

Please Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It. Take Time & Explain

New TOS RUINED the meme that used to be below :( 

9 minutes ago, Satrix said:

~Snip~

For future reference, there is a "New Builds and Planning" thread that help this get more responses if it were posted there.  A moderator may move it.

Fan Comparisons          F@H          PCPartPicker         Analysis of Market Trends (Coming soon? Never? Who knows!)

Designing a mITX case. Working on aluminum prototypes.

Open for intern / part-time. Good at maths, CAD and airflow stuff. Dabbled with Python.

Please fill out this form! It helps a ton! https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/841400-the-poll-to-end-all-polls-poll/