New here, but I have a point:

Wyodiver

Hi, all.  Yes, I'm new here, but I've been watching the YT vids for quite a while.  I have nothing but respect for Linus and the gang.

What I'm asking from the billions of Linus fans is to just, please, check this guy out:

<link removed>

I am in no way affiliated with him.  He has no idea that I'm doing this.  He's a YT tech guy who is quite unique, in many ways.  

Please, just check him out.  You can nuke me to oblivion, as long as you guys just watch one minute of his vid.

Linus, were you as slick as you are now when you first started?

Kevin.

I saw a lot of AMD videos, so I subbed. 

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

He is actually in the forum here @ONOTech

He's a very talented guy who just needs a bit of help to get a wider audience.  

1 hour ago, Wyodiver said:

Hi, all.  Yes, I'm new here, but I've been watching the YT vids for quite a while.  I have nothing but respect for Linus and the gang.

What I'm asking from the billions of Linus fans is to just, please, check this guy out:

<link removed>

I am in no way affiliated with him.  He has no idea that I'm doing this.  He's a YT tech guy who is quite unique, in many ways.  

Please, just check him out.  You can nuke me to oblivion, as long as you guys just watch one minute of his vid.

Linus, were you as slick as you are now when you first started?

Kevin.

What? No. Luke is Slick.

Edit: It's a pun. Luke's old nick-name was Slick.

Edited by W-L
Moderation Content

Fan Comparisons          F@H          PCPartPicker         Analysis of Market Trends (Coming soon? Never? Who knows!)

Designing a mITX case. Working on aluminum prototypes.

Open for intern / part-time. Good at maths, CAD and airflow stuff. Dabbled with Python.

Please fill out this form! It helps a ton! https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/841400-the-poll-to-end-all-polls-poll/

Maybe you should read our rules before posting things like this? There's reason why advertising is banned. You wouldn't want competition to advertise on your property either.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Advertising is done on this forum everyday. Each time someone recommends on brand over another is advertising.

Let him share the link it not like a new upcoming Tech YouTuber is any threat to LTT.

This forum is meant to be a open platform for Tech community to share and discuss well anything. (Within reasonable guild lines)

6 hours ago, redtute said:

Advertising is done on this forum everyday. Each time someone recommends on brand over another is advertising.

Let him share the link it not like a new upcoming Tech YouTuber is any threat to LTT.

This forum is meant to be a open platform for Tech community to share and discuss well anything. (Within reasonable guild lines)

Sharing major brands when giving recommendations is part of conversation. Even sharing some services if they are for helping some one is part of normal conversation. Asking people to watch videos from another youtuber, not so much. For one, it goes directly against advertising ruling of sharing YT links in other places than status updates. Secondly, Linus and LMG are in business of making YT content and other video content. Not in business of making or selling parts or services. Since they don't compete with stores or brands, there's no need to exclude those. Rest of advertising ruling is there to prevent spam.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Were the comments about advertising aimed at me?  I don't think I did anything even close to recommending anything.  But I am new here, and I just want to know the established rules.

Thanks! 

13 minutes ago, Wyodiver said:

Were the comments about advertising aimed at me?  I don't think I did anything even close to recommending anything.  But I am new here, and I just want to know the established rules.

Thanks! 

No worries, just have a review of the Community Standards, it's located on the top bar. Basically advertising any thing that is not LMG or LTT is prohibited. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

Totally not on topic, but I find it kinda funny how Linus whines about YTs crackdown on what kind of content they want to monetise and how much they want to spread the wealth, when his own TECH forum clearly tries to muffle even the slightest mention of what probably is a quite good tech channel. Anyways, just something to think about. Linus protects his interest, YouTube protects their interests... not saying there's any double standards here or anything