HDD not recognized in windows

zlzdravk

I recently built a gaming pc and got everything set up on it but it is not recognizing my hard drives. I am running my system on a M.2 SSD that has my os and I know the hard drives were installed properly because it gave me the option to install windows on them. Can someone help?

3 minutes ago, zlzdravk said:

I recently built a gaming pc and got everything set up on it but it is not recognizing my hard drives. I am running my system on a M.2 SSD that has my os and I know the hard drives were installed properly because it gave me the option to install windows on them. Can someone help?

computer specs? how and where is the harddrive connected?

Have you tried to perform a sudden temporary interrupt of the electricity flow to your computational device followed by a re-initialization procedure of the central processing unit and associated components?

Personal Rig Specs

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.8GHZ
Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z270H GAMING
Graphics Card: Inno3D ICHILL GEFORCE GTX 1080 TI X3 ULTRA
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX Black DDR4 2x8GB @ 3GHZ
Storage: 2 x Samsung NVMe SSD 960 EVO 256GB in Raid | 2 x Seagate 4TB Expansion Desktop 

(seagates are originally external drives removed from casing and installed internally)
PSU: Seasonic Prime Titanium 850W 
Case: Mission SG GGX 3.5 (same as Rosewill Cullinan or Anidees AI Crystal with other stock fans)
Cooling: Kraken X62 for CPU, Corsair H55 with NZXT Kraken G12 for GPU 

Are they seen in disk management? You will need to set up the drive(s) as a new volume before they are seen in Windows explorer

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

2 minutes ago, Changis said:

computer specs? how and where is the harddrive connected?

AMD 1700 CPU

EVGA NVidia 1070 GPU

Corsair H100i-v2 Cooler

Asus Rog Strix B350-F MOBO

EVGA 750W Gold PSU

Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD

WD Blue 1TB HDD

Samsung 960 250GB M.2 SSD

And they are connected directly to the motherboard via sata cables

Some M.2 slots disable SATA ports when they are in use, you should check in your manual if the ports you are plugging the drives to can work with an M.2 drive present in the system.

Mystery is the source of all true science.

3 minutes ago, Minibois said:

Are they seen in disk management? You will need to set up the drive(s) as a new volume before they are seen in Windows explorer

Yes they are seen in disk manager

Just now, zlzdravk said:

Are they seen as D:, E:, etc. drives or as empty drives? If the latter, you will have to right click it and set up new simple volume to actually be able to browse the HDD in explorer.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

2 minutes ago, zlzdravk said:

1 minute ago, Minibois said:

Are they seen as D:, E:, etc. drives or as empty drives? If the latter, you will have to right click it and set up new simple volume to actually be able to browse the HDD in explorer.

new drives have to be formatted first.
there are many simple guides on google and youtube on how to learn this for yourself :)

Have you tried to perform a sudden temporary interrupt of the electricity flow to your computational device followed by a re-initialization procedure of the central processing unit and associated components?

Personal Rig Specs

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.8GHZ
Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z270H GAMING
Graphics Card: Inno3D ICHILL GEFORCE GTX 1080 TI X3 ULTRA
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX Black DDR4 2x8GB @ 3GHZ
Storage: 2 x Samsung NVMe SSD 960 EVO 256GB in Raid | 2 x Seagate 4TB Expansion Desktop 

(seagates are originally external drives removed from casing and installed internally)
PSU: Seasonic Prime Titanium 850W 
Case: Mission SG GGX 3.5 (same as Rosewill Cullinan or Anidees AI Crystal with other stock fans)
Cooling: Kraken X62 for CPU, Corsair H55 with NZXT Kraken G12 for GPU 

1 minute ago, Minibois said:

I set it up and it's working now thanks so much