Broken hdd

Qawopesxcv

Can someone help me i cant use this hdd only 1 i have rn and i want to install some stuff

Disk 1

Screenshot (1).png

Right click on disk 1 and click "Initialise". Then follow the prompts till the drive is formatted and read to go.

7 hours ago, Comic_Sans_MS said:

Right click on disk 1 and click "Initialise". Then follow the prompts till the drive is formatted and read to go.

error

Just now, Arokhantos said:

what does smart status say ? was the partition removed or did it vanish randomly ?

Idk i just put this hdd in from my old laptop

3 minutes ago, Qawopesxcv said:

Screenshot (2).png

Try the right-click initialize idea, then after done with initialization, then partition and format.  Once that is complete, try checkdisk and/or scandisk.  Preferrably both.

you'll need to initialise the disk it seems, it doesn't have any formating or usable file system, ergo nothing can use it without an apriate file system (whether that is VMFS, NTFS, EXT4 etc)

Yours faithfully

Just now, Arokhantos said:

Ouch looks like the drive is damaged, if you just bought it i would return it right away.

can i fix it its from an old laptop i cant return it

Just now, Qawopesxcv said:

never mind it looks pretty dead, those relocated sectors could be nothing though, usually it means the drive it toast or had an accident. 

Yours faithfully

Just now, Lord Nicoll said:

never mind it looks pretty dead, those relocated sectors could be nothing though, usually it means the drive it toast or had an accident. 

what should i do to try to fix

Just now, Qawopesxcv said:

You can't fix bad sectors if they're actually damaged, the system has flagged them for a reason, the drive looks irreparable, definitely beyond economical repair. 

Yours faithfully

1 minute ago, Lord Nicoll said:

You can't fix bad sectors if they're actually damaged, the system has flagged them for a reason, the drive looks irreparable, definitely beyond economical repair. 

Just some more info:  http://www.dataclinic.co.uk/hard-disk-crc/

Check here too.  http://www.wikihow.com/Fix-a-Cyclic-Redundancy-Check-Error

1 minute ago, Arokhantos said:

crc issues are caused by read errors usually caused by damaged sata port or sata cable.

Ports and cables are just two on the LONG list of potential causes.  Personal computers receive CRC error messages when they are reading files and detect corrupt data. Bad hard drive sectors, scratched or dirty external media, loose wiring inside the computer and faulty external drives or buggy software are all potential causes. Troubleshooting procedures to isolate the cause of the errors include cleaning the DVD, reloading, downloading or updating software programs, performing hardware diagnostic tests and possibly replacing external drives.

18 minutes ago, Qawopesxcv said:

You can't fix this, best to dump the drive. Any data you write to it is going to vanish in the near future.

I edit my posts a lot.