Razer Reveals 'Wolverine Ultimate' Controller For PC, Xbox One

Razer has released a new controller that is coming next month called the wolverine ultimate. It is compatible with PC and Xbox one and also features more buttons than its counterparts in order to deliver more customization for players needs. With the exception to the traditional set of triggers and bumpers, the wolverine ultimate has an additional two more bumpers at the top of the controller and four triggers located at the bottom of the controller. These extra buttons include multi-functional capabilities that allow you to dedicate custom button configurations that can be configured through razers synapse software, which is available on PC and Xbox one. The controller has a wired connection, which comes with a 10ft long braided caple for extra durability. It also features a quick control panel and a 3.5mm headphone jack at the bottom of the controller. The majority of the controller is covered in a matte black finish and there are also two rubber grips underneath the controller for better grip and comfort. Like other razer products, the wolverine ultimate also includes chroma lighting which is located around the Xbox logo. The wolverine ultimate by razer will be available for North Americal customers and you can also buy it on razers online store. The wolverine ultimate will be available next month for $160 and it will be released globally sometime at Q4 later this year.

Source: http://www.tomshardware.com/news/razer-wolverine-ultimate-controller-pc,35311.html

For all you razer fans, here is a product that will satisfy your needs for gaming. It has tones of features and the design is of the controller looks good in terms of the eurgonomics. I am sure that you will be excitd about the RGB lighting that is famous for razers products.

So it's an updated version of the wildcat...

I would recommend the wildcat to anyone so I'm sure this applies too. Maybe not at $160, I paid half that for my wildcat but it's certainly worth $100

Fanboys are the worst thing to happen to the tech community World. Chief among them are Apple fanboys. 

Good another low quality product to avoid.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

im fine with my $30 logitech controller

also, $160 USD?? fucking hell! that's like what, 200 AUD? I can get a fuckin XB1 controller for 65 AUD, and that includes 3 months of Live Gold that I can sell..

idk

5 minutes ago, Droidbot said:

im fine with my $30 logitech controller

also, $160 USD?? fucking hell! that's like what, 200 AUD? I can get a fuckin XB1 controller for 65 AUD, and that includes 3 months of Live Gold that I can sell..

You could also get a completely shit xbox one elite controller for 150$ :)

My Rig "Jenova" Ryzen 7 3900X with EK Supremacy Elite, RTX3090 with EK Fullcover Acetal + Nickel & EK Backplate, Corsair AX1200i (sleeved), ASUS X570-E, 4x 8gb Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3800MHz 16CL, 500gb Samsung 980 Pro, Raijintek Paean

$160 for a wired controller with a few extra buttons. Razer engineers must have smoked a pretty hefty amount of PCP before thinking this one up.

I had a razer onza it was a good idea but the tension adjustment made it that after a few months the joysticks would fail, but my razer sabertooth has been amazing for years.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

still rocking my xbox360 controller

A few more customizable buttons would be nice, but certainly not worth a few times more money than a regular one

160$ Kek, better be fucking amazing in every single way. It better be made better than their other products this includes their craptops, not that it is a hard thing to do.... 

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

For 160 it better make me toast...

For Xbox one gamers I can understand something like this, but what's the point for PC gamers? I mean for that price you can get two steam controllers and just use one in each hand xP

Umm nope, not worth $160. No controller is worth that much, maybe $100 but no more ...

If it was made out of all metal parts then I could accept it being worth that much. :| 

But hey it has RGB so just maybe it might be ....         /s

Edited by SansVarnic

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Name alone tells you to avoid it. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own.