What mATX should I get ?

Hi guys,

I'm currently waiting for my new pc parts to be shipped to me. I'm going for a nee ryzen 3 budget build. I already bought all my parts, except for the case. I'm new to microATX build so I don't know much about these case. Here I will put some of my conditions and I'll ask you to recommend me some of the best microATX case that would fit my needs !

- Want to get the most of my r3, so will try to overclock it to the max, for it, I'll need the temperature to stay low, so I need a case with really good airflow

- In addition to the first point, this is a budget build so there won't be any watercooling, AIO either, I'll keep the AMD wraith stealth cooler included.

- I know this was overused in the past, but due to the parts I bought, the colour scheme will be Black and Red.

- My budget is roughly 100$CAD (taxes included and shipped)

I have selected 3 cases here on Newegg and would like to have your toughts on these. (view the picture attached)

* Sorry for my english, this is my 2nd language

** You can tell me every cases you want, the 3 in the pictures are juste some I found and tought looks nice ( it happens they are all cube style but it is not a condition for me, I jound find them stylish) If you think is would be better to build in an ATX case for better airflow or blabla you can tell me also (I find smaller case more beautifull but I could change idea)

Thanks for your answers, very appreciated.

Screenshot_20170824-234006.png

4 minutes ago, Kryptonite79 said:

Hi guys,

I'm currently waiting for my new pc parts to be shipped to me. I'm going for a nee ryzen 3 budget build. I already bought all my parts, except for the case. I'm new to microATX build so I don't know much about these case. Here I will put some of my conditions and I'll ask you to recommend me some of the best microATX case that would fit my needs !

- Want to get the most of my r3, so will try to overclock it to the max, for it, I'll need the temperature to stay low, so I need a case with really good airflow

- In addition to the first point, this is a budget build so there won't be any watercooling, AIO either, I'll keep the AMD wraith stealth cooler included.

- I know this was overused in the past, but due to the parts I bought, the colour scheme will be Black and Red.

- My budget is roughly 100$CAD (taxes included and shipped)

I have selected 3 cases here on Newegg and would like to have your toughts on these. (view the picture attached)

* Sorry for my english, this is my 2nd language

** You can tell me every cases you want, the 3 in the pictures are juste some I found and tought looks nice ( it happens they are all cube style but it is not a condition for me, I jound find them stylish) If you think is would be better to build in an ATX case for better airflow or blabla you can tell me also (I find smaller case more beautifull but I could change idea)

Thanks for your answers, very appreciated.

Screenshot_20170824-234006.png

Personally I say the Corsair Carbide Is the best one. You have lots of room for cable management and Has a seperate bay for Motherboard. And space for RGB Leds. 

CPU: Intel Core i9 9900K | Ram: 16GB Corsair LPX 3000 DDR4 | Asus Maximus XI Hero Z390 | GPU: EVGA RTX2080 XC | 960 EVO Samsung 500GB M.2 | 850 EVO Samsung 250GB M.2 | Samsung 1TB QVO SSD | 1TB HDD WD Blue 

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 2 in 1 9370 | I7 1065G7 | 32GB DDR4 | 1TB SSD |

Thanks for your toughts @Killstreak, unfortunately for me, this is the most expensive case in my list :( but if it is the best deal I might go for  it. I'll just wait for more toughts and feedback. Thanks again :)

I like the Air240 the most, only reason why i never got one was it doesn't fit all GPU's, I couldn't fit my MSI 970/980 at the time as the heat pipes would have made the window bend, just something to be aware of. 

otherwise they all look like great choices. why not go all the way and get a ITX mb ? 

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

Thanks @Not_Sean This case seems great, I will check if it fits my EVGA gtx 970, but I think it will, I don't have heatpipes on it, juste plastic shroud with fan. Unfortunately, I already bought my parts and my MB is a micro ATX, if my memory is right, I looked for itx mb but they where pricier and since I'm on a budget I went for the cheaper that happens to be a mATX. Thanks again for your thoughts.

4 minutes ago, Kryptonite79 said:

Thanks for your toughts @Killstreak, unfortunately for me, this is the most expensive case in my list :( but if it is the best deal I might go for  it. I'll just wait for more toughts and feedback. Thanks again :)

There's a $20 rebate but it isn't a 100% reliable, But I'm also in the same boat as you except the Cuboid case but from what I've learned from the corsair case it's really good and a decent size and minimal weight

Im mostly on discord now and you can find me on my profile

My Build: Xeon 2630L V, RX 560 2gb, 8gb ddr4 1866, EVGA 450BV 

My Laptop #1: i3-5020U, 8gb of DDR3, Intel HD 5500

Thanks for your thoughts @Billy Mays, The cuboid is the one that I find the best looking in my list, but I don't think it is the best case for the things that really matters. I also hate MIR, it takes time and i'snt the more reliable thing. I'll wait for more thoughts, don't hesitate to suggest me any other case, my list is just what I foun after a 5min research on newegg ! 

Thanks @Daniel Z. for your thoughts, in win 301 is a great looking case, but from what I read, the airflow doesn't seem very good in it. Node 804 seems a very good case also. Thanks again.

@Kryptonite79

The Cuboid cases are pretty fun and easy to build in.  We used the blue one on my friend's build.  Stuffed it full of my spare AM3 parts.  I will say the legs are a bit chintzy, but you'll only notice when moving the case.  If you find one on sale, have at it.

I HIGHLY recommend the Inwin 301.  It's beautiful and extremely well-made.  The Airflow is fine if you put normal low-medium powered hardware inside of it.  All of my cooling issues are because I couldn't fit a set of intake fans underneath my fury nitro, but with 2 fans on the bottom for intake, and the two front and one rear exhaust you'll be great.

SFF-ish:  Ryzen 5 1600X, Asrock AB350M Pro4, 16GB Corsair LPX 3200, Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro -75mV, 512gb Plextor Nvme m.2, 512gb Sandisk SATA m.2, Cryorig H7, stuffed into an Inwin 301 with rgb front panel mod.  LG27UD58.

Aging Workhorse:  Phenom II X6 1090T Black (4GHz #Yolo), 16GB Corsair XMS 1333, RX 470 Red Devil 4gb (Sold for $330 to Cryptominers), HD6850 1gb, Hilariously overkill Asus Crosshair V, 240gb Sandisk SSD Plus, 4TB's worth of mechanical drives, and a bunch of water/glycol.  Coming soon:  Bykski CPU block, whatever cheap Polaris 10 GPU I can get once miners start unloading them.

MintyFreshMedia:  Thinkserver TS130 with i3-3220, 4gb ecc ram, 120GB Toshiba/OCZ SSD booting Linux Mint XFCE, 2TB Hitachi Ultrastar.  In Progress:  3D printed drive mounts, 4 2TB ultrastars in RAID 5.

@Phate.exe

Thanks for you answer, very helpfull. The cuboid case is "on sale" ( i say this because newegg often put items "on sale" 33% off but you can find it at the exact same price from other sellers), at 79$ I think it is a good price but wouldn't pay a lot more than that. I'll also give a look at the inwin 301, heard goods things about it, but still not sure I would be able to put all the necessary fans to have that optimized airflow.. I'll try to search for some with similar configuration to see how they managed to work in this case. Thanks again for your toughts, very helpfull and appreciated.

Might I suggest (links are all newegg.ca, prices in cAD)

Cooler Master Masterbox Lite 3.1 $50

Fractal Design Define Mini C $90 (there is a tempered glass version of this, but it's $120 in Canada, a much bigger price hike than it is in the US :()

Fractal Design Focus G Mini $75

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

5 hours ago, Kryptonite79 said:

@Phate.exe

Thanks for you answer, very helpfull. The cuboid case is "on sale" ( i say this because newegg often put items "on sale" 33% off but you can find it at the exact same price from other sellers), at 79$ I think it is a good price but wouldn't pay a lot more than that. I'll also give a look at the inwin 301, heard goods things about it, but still not sure I would be able to put all the necessary fans to have that optimized airflow.. I'll try to search for some with similar configuration to see how they managed to work in this case. Thanks again for your toughts, very helpfull and appreciated.

You shouldn't have any problem putting all 5 fans in it if you run a normal-sized GPU.  A huge 2-3 slot 300+mm GPU will give you a hard time unless you buy slim fans for the front and bottom.  If you're running a "normal" dual fan card you'll be mint.

My Inwin 301/Ryzen Build:

SFF-ish:  Ryzen 5 1600X, Asrock AB350M Pro4, 16GB Corsair LPX 3200, Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro -75mV, 512gb Plextor Nvme m.2, 512gb Sandisk SATA m.2, Cryorig H7, stuffed into an Inwin 301 with rgb front panel mod.  LG27UD58.

Aging Workhorse:  Phenom II X6 1090T Black (4GHz #Yolo), 16GB Corsair XMS 1333, RX 470 Red Devil 4gb (Sold for $330 to Cryptominers), HD6850 1gb, Hilariously overkill Asus Crosshair V, 240gb Sandisk SSD Plus, 4TB's worth of mechanical drives, and a bunch of water/glycol.  Coming soon:  Bykski CPU block, whatever cheap Polaris 10 GPU I can get once miners start unloading them.

MintyFreshMedia:  Thinkserver TS130 with i3-3220, 4gb ecc ram, 120GB Toshiba/OCZ SSD booting Linux Mint XFCE, 2TB Hitachi Ultrastar.  In Progress:  3D printed drive mounts, 4 2TB ultrastars in RAID 5.

I use the Thermaltake Core V21 myself, you can get it cheaper on Amazon with free shipping. One of the big upsides to the V21 is it can be reconfigured for several different orientations. Depending on where the case will sit, you can orient the motherboard to face you or stick with the default horizontal configuration. The front of the case can also be rotated so the USB ports are on the left, top, or right side. The only downside is I think this case is being discontinued for the X-series.

@TVwazhere Thanks for the answer! The mazterbox 3.1 was one of my 1st choice and I would have gone with it in a few minute, but the shipping cost are about 20$( I think it is ridiculously overpriced) so it makes a case of about 70$ and at this price, I think the can be better alternative on the market (at 50$ with 0$ shipping, it would be an amazing deal and this topic wouldn't exist, edit : btw I think it is at 50-55$ on amazon with free shiping (prime) but they don't have it in stock it says usually shipped in 1 to 3 month, I don't know if I could wait that long). Fractal design mini C seems a great case from a great company, but I really want that side panel window, otherwise I find it boring laying on my desk. The side window version is a bit too pricy for me and I have better alternative cheaper than that. For the fractal design focus g mini, I don'tknow much about this case, I'll check it out. Thanks again !

@Phate.exe Thanks again for your answer ! My GPU is a dual fan card, not that big, so I 5hink this would work in this case, now I'll look if the price could drop a bit maybe I would go for this one since this fit well my red and black theme!

@Patrick3D thanks for your answer, very informative about that case, from what I heard now it is not in my first choices anymore, but your info will make me take a better decision, thanks again.