new xbox

3zel7
Go to solution Solved by Tartandy,
13 minutes ago, 3zel7 said:

i could send it to my local eb games to get it repaired but that will cost me $150 + the cost of a new controller so thats why im wondering if its worth just getting a new console. (Cause im tight on space anyway)

Did some research and people are saying its the wifi card

I'm not 100% sure what board handles communication to the controller, but the wifi card is just as easy to replace. You might as well save your money and try replacing it yourself. Wifi card is super accessible.

im in the market for a new xbox what do you suggest.

im not too fussed on game performance and graphics as long as i can play all the new games

I don't have a 4k tv

one xbox one x box 

xbox one x i guess, thats the newest..? 

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

You don't exactly have much choice...

Do you want an xbox? Get the xbox one

Do you like the idea of a smaller form factor, 4k blue ray drive, ever so slight bump in performance and HDR support? Get the xbox one S

Do you want an xbox with better graphics compared to the other two, even on a 1080p display? Wait for the xbox one X

Hard drive size is totally your choice, depends how many games you want to play.

CPU: R7 1700 @ 3.7GHz - GPU: Asus 1080 Ti STRIX - RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 3200MHz - MB: ASUS X370 Crosshair VI Hero - Cooler: NZXT Kraken X62 2x140mm AIO - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD - Case: Phanteks P400s Tempered Glass - Monitor: LG - 34UM88C 34.0" 3440x1440 KEYBOARD: Leopold FC660M ISO (MX blues) & Tai Hao Cement/Lavender keycaps

1 minute ago, Tartanskittles said:

You don't exactly have much choice...

Do you want an xbox? Get the xbox one

Do you like the idea of a smaller form factor, 4k blue ray drive, ever so slight bump in performance and HDR support? Get the xbox one S

Do you want an xbox with better graphics compared to the other two, even on a 1080p display? Wait for the xbox one X

Hard drive size is totally your choice, depends how many games you want to play.

i currently own the original xbox one and there are a few things wrong with it, i dont know if i should bother getting it repaired or just get a brand new console.

The Xbox One S is a very good choice even when used. It is more powerful than the Original Xbox One whilst having a smaller footprint and it has no power brick to make any external heat or noise. The Xbox One S is probably the best option to go for until the Xbox One X comes out for a much larger price.

My Rig:

Xeon E5 1680 V2 @ 4.5GHz - Asus Rampage IV Extreme X79 Mobo - 64GB DDR3 1600MHz - 8 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Low Profile - CAS 10-10-10-27 - AMD Radeon RX 6700XT Sapphire Pulse 12GB - DeepCool E-Shield E-ATX Tempered Glass Case - 1 x 1TB Crucial P1 NVMe SSD - BeQuiet Straight Power 11 850W Gold+ Quad rail - Fractal Design Celsius S36 & 6 x 120mm silent fans - Lenovo KBBH21 - Corsair Glaive RGB Pro - Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Monitors - 3 x Acer Nitro 23.8" 1080p 75Hz IPS 1ms Freesync Panels = AMD Eyefinity @ 75Hz

What's wrong with it? I think if you can fix it you might as well keep it.

CPU: R7 1700 @ 3.7GHz - GPU: Asus 1080 Ti STRIX - RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 3200MHz - MB: ASUS X370 Crosshair VI Hero - Cooler: NZXT Kraken X62 2x140mm AIO - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD - Case: Phanteks P400s Tempered Glass - Monitor: LG - 34UM88C 34.0" 3440x1440 KEYBOARD: Leopold FC660M ISO (MX blues) & Tai Hao Cement/Lavender keycaps

Just now, Tartanskittles said:

What's wrong with it? I think if you can fix it you might as well keep it.

no wireless controllers can connect to it so they have to plugged in, as a result of them being plugged in the charging port on the controller is broken.

9 minutes ago, 3zel7 said:

no wireless controllers can connect to it so they have to plugged in, as a result of them being plugged in the charging port on the controller is broken.

Sounds like you'd need to replace the RF board. Ifixit can help with that. I recently used their teardown guide to take apart mine and get all the dust out, and would definitely say it's not that hard to do if you're patient.

Just be aware it'll void your warranty. If you still have warranty why don't you send it back to get repaired.

13 minutes ago, Tartanskittles said:

Sounds like you'd need to replace the RF board. Ifixit can help with that. I recently used their teardown guide to take apart mine and get all the dust out, and would definitely say it's not that hard to do if you're patient.

Just be aware it'll void your warranty. If you still have warranty why don't you send it back to get repaired.

i could send it to my local eb games to get it repaired but that will cost me $150 + the cost of a new controller so thats why im wondering if its worth just getting a new console. (Cause im tight on space anyway)

13 minutes ago, 3zel7 said:

I'm not 100% sure what board handles communication to the controller, but the wifi card is just as easy to replace. You might as well save your money and try replacing it yourself. Wifi card is super accessible.

1 minute ago, Tartanskittles said:

thanks man just saved me $300 hahaha

1 minute ago, 3zel7 said:

thanks man just saved me $300 hahaha

No problem. Are you 100% sure it's the xbox that is the issue and not the controllers? Make sure they work on another console if you haven't done so already, just in case...

But yeah figure out for sure what card it is that handles controller communication and get a replacement, should be a 10 minute job to replace either way.

No problem. Are you 100% sure it's the xbox that is the issue and not the controllers? Make sure they work on another console if you haven't done so already, just in case...

But yeah figure out for sure what card it is that handles controller communication and get a replacement, should be a 10 minute job to replace either way.

im 100 percent its the xbox cause my brothers controller does the same thing to it

5 minutes ago, 3zel7 said:

im 100 percent its the xbox cause my brothers controller does the same thing to it

Alright, have fun replacing it yourself!

PS why did you select your own comment as the answer ahaha

Alright, have fun replacing it yourself!

PS why did you select your own comment as the answer ahaha

oh lol didnt mean to.

Xbox One X scorpio edition,  I only got one as well have a stack of 4K bluray movies I want to watch and also wanted to see how consoles are handling hdr.   4K will probably be a mess, but hopeful for PC ports in the future.

I'm Batman!

Steam: Rukiri89 | uPlay: Rukiri89 | Origin: XxRukiriXx | Xbox LIVE: XxRUKIRIxX89 | PSN: Ericks1989 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiri

Project Xenos: Motherboard: MSI Z170a M9 ACK | CPU: i7 6700k | Ram: G.Skil TridentZ 16GB 3000mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850w G2 | Case: Caselabs SMA8 | Cooling: Custom Loop | Still in progress