5 YEARS OF GAMING LAPTOPS TESTED!

Budget gaming laptops have always SUCKED, and today we find out if that is still the case.

Learn More About ORIGIN PC: http://www.ORIGINPC.com/

Enter ORIGIN PC’s EON15-S Giveaway Contest here: https://www.originpc.com/promotion/2017/linustechtips-eon15-s-giveaway/

Buy Intel Core i7 CPUs:

Amazon: http://geni.us/WjUEy2E

Newegg: http://geni.us/vAA9

widget.png?style=banner2

PC: 13900K, 32GB Trident Z5, AORUS 7900 XTX, 2TB SN850X, 1TB MP600, Win 11

NAS: Xeon W-2195, 64GB ECC, 180TB Storage, 1660 Ti, TrueNAS Scale

se cond shit  post

wat 

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

It's a good thing Origin is giving away that laptop because there's no reason why anybody should pay nearly $1,300 for it.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

1 hour ago, Hereby said:

LOL those laptops have shitty battery life.

Well they are performance laptops. If you're buying them for battery life you're doing something very wrong.

@jakkuh_t

The giveaway contest gives:

The page cannot be displayed because an internal server error has occurred.

It says here the competition has ended?

https://www.originpc.com/promotion/2017/eon15-s-giveaway/

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

2 hours ago, Bouzoo said:

Well they are performance laptops. If you're buying them for battery life you're doing something very wrong.

@jakkuh_t

The giveaway contest gives:

my laptop gets 8 hours at full brightness :)

It seems like the giveaway link isnt working. 

2 minutes ago, Hereby said:

And it's not a performance laptop, right?

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

yea, the link is saying there is a server error of some sort

2 hours ago, Bouzoo said:

And it's not a performance laptop, right?

No.

I think that Orgin should not have had their laptop tested in this video... Compare old laptops? Sure, and have a spot at the end where Linus can explain that this is the modern version of those laptops and that they are giving one away. But this felt very close to a paid review rather than a paid video.

the msi gl62 6qc was actually priced at 600 dollars on release with its sexier twin the gl62 6qf being the 1000 dollar model I should know because I own the 6qf and its 960m performance is much closer to the 1050 then the 6qc's 940mx. Linustechtips didn't research the difference between the low end and mid end offerings in the same form factors and as such skewed the results toward the giveaway pc,

58 minutes ago, sdzen said:

the msi gl62 6qc was actually priced at 600 dollars on release with its sexier twin the gl62 6qf being the 1000 dollar model I should know because I own the 6qf and its 960m performance is much closer to the 1050 then the 6qc's 940mx. Linustechtips didn't research the difference between the low end and mid end offerings in the same form factors and as such skewed the results toward the giveaway pc,

The reason for choosing the laptops was effected by the availability more than anything else, as when sourcing laptops it' pretty hard to find the ones we did in a reasonable amount of time while also not spending thousands of dollars on old laptops. But seriously, we don't try to skew results in the favor of sponsors. That would be inordinately stupid. 

Gl62 6QC was also near $960 USD on launch according to several review and shopping sites?

https://www.saveonlaptops.co.uk/9S7-16J612-037-MSI-GL62-6QC-037UK_1896548.html

http://www.techadvisor.co.uk/review/laptops/msi-gl62-6qc-065uk-review-gaming-laptop-3640162/ (Says $750 but is a UK site)

I didn't personally source them anyways, but that's my 2 cents.

widget.png?style=banner2

PC: 13900K, 32GB Trident Z5, AORUS 7900 XTX, 2TB SN850X, 1TB MP600, Win 11

NAS: Xeon W-2195, 64GB ECC, 180TB Storage, 1660 Ti, TrueNAS Scale

I think it would be nice to say when these giveaways are region locked.

This one is for the US only, and neither the video, nor the video description, nor the giveaway page mentions this. You have to read the terms and conditions to find it.

I mean, LTT isn't even based in the US. It is totally not obvious that it will be region locked when they don't even mention it.

I didn't enjoyed it and I complained. Also, I still see people complaining that this giveaway is only in USA. And they aren't enjoying it. Even Linus' shout isn't really effective.

I edit after I post, so wait until I'm done editing if you're about to reply.

The Angry Computersmasher - were I probably rant about stuff that irks me.

15 minutes ago, The Angry Computersmasher said:

I didn't enjoyed it and I complained. Also, I still see people complaining that this giveaway is only in USA. And they aren't enjoying it. Even Linus' shout isn't really effective.

If I remember correctly, there's no guarantee that a package will be shipped to an international country, and in some countries, there are some quite hefty import taxes... Which makes it a bit unreasonable to ship it there, in my opinion.

Computer engineering grad student, cybersecurity researcher, and hobbyist embedded systems developer

Daily Driver:

CPU: Ryzen 7 4800H | GPU: RTX 2060 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

Gaming PC:

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X | GPU: EVGA RTX 2080Ti | RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

This one is for the US only, and neither the video, nor the video description, nor the giveaway page mentions this. You have to read the terms and conditions to find it.

It's right at the end of the video

54 minutes ago, Alpha-Toxic said:

I think it would be nice to say when these giveaways are region locked.

I mean, LTT isn't even based in the US. It is totally not obvious that it will be region locked when they don't even mention it.

Whoops just realised that i didn't reply properly.

8 hours ago, Hereby said:

Both my MacBook Pro and Surface Pro 4 can muster between 8 and 10 hours of YouTube.

Play a game on my MacBook, 2 hours. Photoshop on my Pro 4, 4 hours.

Battery life depends on what you do with it. And with the OC/undervolting capabities of some gaming laptops, I can probably squeeze 12 hours out of one of them for web browsing.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

This is my first ever post here, so ... hi

I felt compelled to register and comment on this because the content in this video, no offence to anyone, is pretty shitty. 

This video was just a commercial for origin, nothing more nothing less ... The choice of your "gaming" laptops was laughable to say the least. 2 of those laptops werent even gaming laptops at all as far as i know ... 

Please, make an effort next time to "hide" the fact that its just a commercial. 

1 minute ago, code99 said:

This is my first post here ever, so ... hi

I felt compelled to register and comment on this because the content in this video, no offence to anyone, is pretty shitty. 

This video was just a commercial for origin, nothing more nothing less ... The choice of your "gaming" laptops was laughable to say the least. 2 of those laptops werent even gaming laptops at all as far as i know ... 

Please, make an effort next time to "hide" the fact that its just a commercial. 

Agreed.

This is your first post, so I think you should read the guide:

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

I find it amusing that a Canadian channel promotes US only giveaways.  

When you're out of ideas but still need to make money. This video basically.

Born to game, forced to work.  -_-

Borderlands 2 and Rise of the Tomb Raider have the same FPS