5 YEARS OF GAMING LAPTOPS TESTED!

wow, this video was terrible

almost no actual information, and a downright embarrassing selection of laptops. Not only was 2015 completely skipped, but in 2016, it was possible to find a 1,000 dollar laptop with at least a 960m (you even reviewed the Dell Inspiron 7559).

tbh, this was just a massive ad

Snorlax: i7 5820k @4.5ghz, Asus X99 Pro, 32gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666, Cryorig R1 Ultimate, Samsung 850 evo 500gb, Asus GTX 1080 ROG Strix, Corsair RM850x, NZXT H440, Hue+

Smallsnor: Huawei Matebook X

Canon AE-1 w/ 50mm f/1.8 lens

Pentax KM w/ 55mm f/1.8 SMC lens

Zenit-E w/ 58mm f/2 Helios lens

Panasonic G7 with 14-42mm f/3.5 lens

Polaroid Spectra System

*Watches video*

*Is confused that the y510p did so poorly in the tests.* 

*Sees that Linus used the single 755m model*

Ah, I see, that explains a lot. It's also a strange choice, considering that anyone who picked up the y510p for gaming grabbed the SLI model or added the second GPU later. What a strange video overall. 

Crimson - Lenovo Ideapad y410p
Windows 10 x64 | Intel Core i7-4700MQ | 16GB DDR3L-1600 | Nvidia GeForce GT 755M SLI| 14.1" 900p Matte | 1TB 850 EVO mSATA | 512GB ZTC M.2 | 1TB 5400RPM HDD| BD-RE | 9 Cell Li-ion | 170W AC Adapter

On 8/23/2017 at 5:50 PM, jakkuh_t said:

The reason for choosing the laptops was effected by the availability more than anything else, as when sourcing laptops it' pretty hard to find the ones we did in a reasonable amount of time while also not spending thousands of dollars on old laptops. But seriously, we don't try to skew results in the favor of sponsors. That would be inordinately stupid. 

Gl62 6QC was also near $960 USD on launch according to several review and shopping sites?

https://www.saveonlaptops.co.uk/9S7-16J612-037-MSI-GL62-6QC-037UK_1896548.html

http://www.techadvisor.co.uk/review/laptops/msi-gl62-6qc-065uk-review-gaming-laptop-3640162/ (Says $750 but is a UK site)

I didn't personally source them anyways, but that's my 2 cents.

https://www.quora.com/Why-is-the-same-a-laptop-more-expensive-in-the-UK-than-in-America

https://www.gamespot.com/forums/games-discussion-1000000/us-vs-uk-gaming-price-31302958/

your sourcer probably didn't account for the US to Europe price hike that comes from included taxes and manufacturers trying to make the products have similar number amounts worldwide despite having different values of currency the converted prices from the currency conversion at that time adjusted for tax puts the 6qc at 840 dollars and even then there was still probably a price hike in addition to that due to different import costs. I wasn't insinuating you intentionally skewed it toward the sponsors, this seems like a fair mistake to be made when quickly trying to source materials. though its effect on the video is quite substancial. I was abit harsh saying you didn't research at all, though there was a obvious error in that calculation.

This video is a giant fellating of Origin

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700k
CPU Cooler: be quiet! - Dark Rock Pro 4 50.5 CFM CPU Cooler
Motherboard: MSI - MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON
Memory: G.Skill - Trident Z RGB 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
Storage: Crucial P1 1tb M.2 NVME BOOT DRIVE
Video Card: MSI RTX 2070 Super
Case: NZXT - H500 (White) 
Power Supply: Corsair - RMx (2018) 550 W 80+ Gold 

• 3 years later...

Perhaps LTT can revisit this concept of comparing many years of laptops. Given the covid pandemic, perhaps there is a demand to see how older laptops perform today.