How high do you have your monitor?

leelaa14

So I've been looking at ergonomic monitor positions etc and it says to have your eyes level or slightly above the top of the monitor so you're looking down at it. I don't find it very comfy though and prefer my monitor at it's heighest point so my eyes are more near the centre of the screen.

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

As it currently stands my middle monitor is a 32" 1440p panel, my eye level is around 1/3 up it seeing as it's standing ontop of my amp. My side monitors are 22" 1080p panels and eye level would be above the top of them. 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Just do some playing around with it, buy a moniter stand if needed ( if you really want to get the optimal position for your miniter(s) buy a arm for it

1 minute ago, Intel HD Graphics said:

Just do some playing around with it, buy a moniter stand if needed ( if you really want to get the optimal position for your miniter(s) buy a arm for it

Yeah I was thinking about getting an arm for it. I have a pg278q and the base is just huge.
I kinda like the height I have now, but damn TN panel and viewing angles. Makes dark scenes at the top of the screen lose detail.

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

I have eyes at the center level of the monitor screen most of the time, sometimes a bit lower if I lean back a lot in my chair.

23 minutes ago, ItsTheDuckAgain said:

So this will not help you but:

at work i look down - at home I look up :-)

you are welcome 

I still look down when im at home. They're still all shorter than me. 

Magical Pineapples

When typing or gaming my eyes are about 2/3rd from the top of the monitor, when not doing anything and passive my eyes are focused on the middle

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

I can't stand looking down on monitors. Center at eye-level seems to be the best for me in therms of ergonomics (although I do have my second monitor higher due to its crappy vesa mount placement. Kinda of annoying at times, but I don't really focus my attention there, so it doesn't really matter).

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down. - Adam Savage

PHOΞNIX Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.75GHz | Corsair LPX 16Gb DDR4 @ 2933 | MSI B350 Tomahawk | Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8Gb | Intel 535 120Gb | Western Digital WD5000AAKS x2 | Cooler Master HAF XB Evo | Corsair H80 + Corsair SP120 | Cooler Master 120mm AF | Corsair SP120 | Icy Box IB-172SK-B | OCZ CX500W | Acer GF246 24" + AOC <some model> 21.5" | Steelseries Apex 350 | Steelseries Diablo 3 | Steelseries Syberia RAW Prism | Corsair HS-1 | Akai AM-A1

D.VA coming soon™ xoxo

Sapphire Acer Aspire 1410 Celeron 743 | 3Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Home x32

Vault Tec Celeron 420 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | Storage pending | Open Media Vault

gh0st Asus K50IJ T3100 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | 40Gb HDD | Ubuntu 17.04

Diskord Apple MacBook A1181 Mid-2007 Core2Duo T7400 @2.16GHz | 4Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Pro x32

Firebird//Phoeniix FX-4320 | Gigabyte 990X-Gaming SLI | Asus GTS 450 | 16Gb DDR3-1600 | 2x Intel 535 250Gb | 4x 10Tb Western Digital Red | 600W Segotep custom refurb unit | Windows 10 Pro x64 // offisite backup and dad's PC

Saint Olms Apple iPhone 6 16Gb Gold

Archon Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Gulliver Nokia Lumia 1320

Werkfern Nokia Lumia 520

Hydromancer Acer Liquid Z220

All 3 of my monitors are on top of multiple GFX card boxes, books etc. and they are still below eye level (eyes about 4" above the top). Though my preference is for the top of the monitor to be just above eye level. 

Thanks for reminder to lift main monitor. Mid of 24'' screen is 34cm from table, bottom (not bezel) is 20cm from table. It was 2cm too low. I like to have it so that my eyes are right in the middle of screen.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

My eye line is between the top bezel and the middle of my main monitor (so about 3/4 the way up) .. I find it kinda depends how far away you sit from your monitors as well.

Last ergonomic human resources check up (when I worked in an office) once told me that because its less effort and you have more freedom of movement for the head to tilt down than up its the ideal location .. but its what feel best to you and wont destroy your neck and posture over time.

Here is my monitor setup if it helps

Monitors.png

The top one is mainly for choosing my next Spotify track or having YouTube build videos on when I am working. The two side monitors are for portrait views of my code.

The desk height is aligned with me sitting up straight and 90 degree angles at the elbows, feet resting on the floor, knees at 90 degree angles.

Programmer hired to work day and night by the slave driver that is his own Warped Imagination

1 hour ago, WarpedImagination said:

My eye line is between the top bezel and the middle of my main monitor (so about 3/4 the way up) .. I find it kinda depends how far away you sit from your monitors as well.

Last ergonomic human resources check up (when I worked in an office) once told me that because its less effort and you have more freedom of movement for the head to tilt down than up its the ideal location .. but its what feel best to you and wont destroy your neck and posture over time.

Here is my monitor setup if it helps

Monitors.png

The top one is mainly for choosing my next Spotify track or having YouTube build videos on when I am working. The two side monitors are for portrait views of my code.

The desk height is aligned with me sitting up straight and 90 degree angles at the elbows, feet resting on the floor, knees at 90 degree angles.

That... is a beautiful setup

OP, after having my eyes in the center of my monitor for a while I read the same stuff you are now and moving it so my eyes were just under the top bezel is very comfortable for me 

That's an F in the profile pic