all touch screen laptops can use stylus?

Go to solution Solved by Shimejii,

Not all are compatible with a stylus, some require the heat of your finger tip, others dont like to implement stylus's and such. Just varies. 

wondering if you can use stylus from a company like wacom and use it on every touchscreen laptop. for ex lets say i bought aero 14 w. touch screen and bought wacom pen, will it still be sufficient to take notes or draw models comfortably similar to surface lines? i know theres this screens position problem but then hows it like compared to surface laptop? 

1 minute ago, Shimejii said:

Not all are compatible with a stylus, some require the heat of your finger tip, others dont like to implement stylus's and such. Just varies. 

so it varies with models. thanks for the useful info. 

1 hour ago, Jacey said:

so it varies with models. thanks for the useful info. 

there's a specific piece of hardware required for pens to work, a digitizer has the ability to send and receive signals from the pen they are tied to and even then not all pens will work with all digitizers. for example, my miix 510 uses a wacom based digitizer, but only certain wacom pens will work based on the signal frequency. My cintiq's pen for example does not work, some bamboo ones do. whereas the surface pro (i believe still) uses n-trig and not compatible with any current wacom pens.

It's essentially another panel that sits between the LCD panel (or sometimes behind) and the capacitive touch screen.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒