Is this a counter arguement for net neutrality?

mathmeister

"The cables belong to the ISPs. They are free to control, what passes through them."

If they put that in the terms, but that could lead to them monopolizing the 'Net and picking and choosing what gets one there, so it'd be limiting free speech and expression. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

1 minute ago, mathmeister said:

"The cables belong to the ISPs. They are free to control, what passes through them."

Yes, it is. I do not support net neutrality because internet access is a privilege, not a right. Internet access is a luxury, not a necessity. People these days over react to just about everything especially the fact that they have panic attacks when they aren't connected to the internet. There is a second part of net neutrality that the tech Youtubers and the media aren't covering. 

2 minutes ago, mathmeister said:

No, because what passes through the cable is ours. It's the same as saying "You can rent this car for a week, but i can control what music plays on the radio and how many people can get in remotely. After all, I own the car so I can do what I want with it."

No. That's what ISPs have been trying to claim for forever and it's complete garbage.

At this point they have essentially become a utility, as vital to most if not all people as electricity. They are trying to abuse their almost monopolistic grasp on the market to demand more money because they are also legacy cable providers and don't want to lose that money to others.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

There is no counter argument to Net Neutrality just like there is no counter argument to the fact that the earth is flat and not 6,000 years old. 

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

A very weak one. You could say any company that owns an infrastructure has the right to do what they want with it, but there are consumer protection laws to stop exploitation for a reason, especially in a market where many people have no choice but to use a single provider for what is essentially a utility like electric and water now days. 

Honestly if they did it would be very bad business with little benefit.I agree with what @coop152.Just because you ship a package dosen't mean that GTX 1080ti belongs to UPS now.

2 minutes ago, TheCherryKing said:

Yes, it is. I do not support net neutrality because internet access is a privilege, not a right. Internet access is a luxury, not a necessity. People these days over react to just about everything especially the fact that they have panic attacks when they aren't connected to the internet. There is a second part of net neutrality that the tech Youtubers and the media aren't covering. 

Privacy is not a luxury.

My life

Your argument is nothing but hogwash. You try to get a job, higher education, or maintain any form of connectivity with the rest of the world without ANY internet access and tell me how well that goes for you.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

1 minute ago, Lurick said:

No. That's what ISPs have been trying to claim for forever and it's complete garbage.

At this point they have essentially become a utility, as vital to most if not all people as electricity. They are trying to abuse their almost monopolistic grasp on the market to demand more money because they are also legacy cable providers and don't want to lose that money to others.

It'd be just like the electric company trying to limit what you can plug in inside your house. Yeah, they own the wires, cables, and the infrastructure, but they can't use that influence to pick and choose what you can and can't use on their grid. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

Just now, Himommies said:

Honestly if they did it would be very bad business with little benefit.I agree with what @coop152.Just because you ship a package dosen't mean that GTX 1080ti belongs to UPS now.

Privacy is not a luxury.

In today's society it is. 

1 minute ago, Himommies said:

Privacy is not a luxury.

4th Amendment BBY

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

2 minutes ago, Lurick said:

Your argument is nothing but hogwash. You try to get a job, higher education, or maintain any form of connectivity with the rest of the world without ANY internet access and tell me how well that goes for you.

I will not tolerate any forms of disrespect. Besides people got jobs and education for thousands of years without internet.

Just now, DrMacintosh said:

4th Amendment BBY

Every since when did you care about the amendments? 

1 minute ago, TheCherryKing said:

Every since when did you care about the amendments? 

The amendments and the constitution of the United States are the center of my political beliefs and my country so......

You say that internet access isn't a necessity, but modern businesses depend on it. Imagine if the internet does become like providers want, where you need to pay extra to get more websites. Any company would need to pay to allow access to their own networks.

2 minutes ago, DrMacintosh said:

4th Amendment BBY

What the f#ck is "BBY"? I've spent a minute trying to figure it out.

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

I will not tolerate any forms of disrespect. 

You are disrespecting the foundation of the United States.....

Just now, ARikozuM said:

it just means baby xD 

Just now, mathmeister said:

They are our unalienable rights...

Other amendments are at risk of being alienated but why does everyone only care about the fourth amendment? I don't even need to argue with anybody here any more because the rollback of net neutrality is going to happen regardless. 

I will not tolerate any forms of disrespect. 

Learn to accept other's opinions.

1 minute ago, mathmeister said:

They are our unalienable rights...

Only for Americans though

Ever heard of Sesame Credit

My life

Just now, ARikozuM said:

Add an "A" in-between the two "B"s

Just now, Himommies said:

Learn to accept other's opinions.

Only for Americans though

Ever heard of Sesame Credit

Learn to state your opinions without insulting anybody else.