Game Of Thrones Discussions

freewulf

I tried to search for a proper thread like this but found none. If there are already is, please link me up, accept my thousand apologies and delete this thread. 

Last episode since the thread is created: Spoils Of War (SE7 E4)

19 hours ago, freewulf said:

What are your thoughts about the last episode?

Pretty good 

Afaik the title is 'Spoils of war'

41 minutes ago, coolkingler1 said:

Afaik the title is 'Spoils of war'

Haha yeah

40 minutes ago, JayKay3000 said:

My only opinion - Get the damn books and the story FINISHED!

Well the TV Series became a different story. They are already making money on it.

So I'd rest my hopes for the books, like HL3.

Spoiler

Tyrion holds a secret meeting with Jaime Lannister and Bronn and Grendy.

Grendy will be used to forge weapons out of dragonglass that was found on Dragonstone.

White Walkers going around the wall by walking on frozen sea. (Seen by The Hound in the fire of vision.)

The Hound and his gang meets up with Jon, they encounter the White Walkers.

Viseron the Dragon will die, become reanimated by the Night's King and will burn down the wall with blue flames.

Dany's and Jon will make love, possible marriage. (Bend the knee in marriage.)

Jon real name is Aegon Targaryean, the nephew of Dany. (Which is disgusting btw.)

Aegon is the promised child or Azor Ahai.

Sam and his wife and child will head back to meet Jon.

Little finger gets sentenced to his death and Arya will be glad to do the killing.

There are secrets in Winterfell, buried beneath the crypt.

The Catspaw dagger will play an important role in Season 8 and with the Night's King.

Bran prophecy of him no longer walking, but him flying seems to be fitting that he may actually become a dragon and Jon Snow will be his rider.

*Spoiler Alert*

You've been warned.

8 minutes ago, freewulf said:

haha... That's cute but, ice walls don't burn... :x

It will burn if it's magical wall.

Everything I revealed is true btw, it's actual real spoilers.

Just now, Supermangik said:

It will burn if it's magical wall.

Everything I revealed is true btw, it's actual real spoilers.

Spoiler

I've seen the spoilers :ph34r:

OK, but if it's like really magical shouldn't it just vanish? like Magically?

13 minutes ago, freewulf said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I've seen the spoilers :ph34r:

OK, but if it's like really magical shouldn't it just vanish? like Magically?

You know nothing, freewulf.

I was really hoping for a Lannister BBQ. 

Lian Li O11  Dynamic XL  | Ryzen 9 5900X (on pre-order) | ASUS ROG Strix X570 E | Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB DDR4 3600 64GB (4x16GB)| ADATA SX8 M.2 1TB | Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD| Samsung 850 Evo 2TB SSD| EVGA HX 850W | EK D5 PWM Pump | EK Quantum Distro Plate | EK Lignum CPU Block | Manjaro Gnome Edition

Personal Website

3 minutes ago, r.perez said:

I was really hoping for a Lannister BBQ. 

Yeah, It seems that the only Bad thing that happened was Bron Saved Jamie,

Yet still, it's clear that Jaime's gonna drown. made my think about that River lady in the books.

3 minutes ago, freewulf said:

Yeah, It seems that the only Bad thing that happened was Bron Saved Jamie,

Yet still, it's clear that Jaime's gonna drown. made my think about that River lady in the books.

*Spoiler*

Spoiler

Jaime and Bronn are still alive. They will have a secret meeting with Tyrion where Tyrion ask Jaime to surrender peacefully because he doesn't want his beloved older brother to die or get burned by the dragons. This will included in the next episode on August 13.

last episode was pretty good (season 7 episode 5)

- was hoping for more of a scene for the tyrian and jamie reunion 

- the letter is obviously a ploy to rekindle the rift that arya and sansa had ever since joffrey and the butcher boy incident in season 1

- was hoping john snow would stop by winterfell and bitch slap littlefinger so he can finally be done with that shit

- and still hoping that cirsea (yo idk how to spell these peps names at all) gets killed off it looks like shes hardcore scheming and manipulating with that pregnancy ish.

2 minutes ago, lkuseian said:

last episode was pretty good (season 7 episode 5)

- was hoping for more of a scene for the tyrian and jamie reunion 

- the letter is obviously a ploy to rekindle the rift that arya and sansa had ever since joffrey and the butcher boy incident in season 1

- was hoping john snow would stop by winterfell and bitch slap littlefinger so he can finally be done with that shit

- and still hoping that cirsea (yo idk how to spell these peps names at all) gets killed off it looks like shes hardcore scheming and manipulating with that pregnancy ish.

Gendry tho. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

1 minute ago, DildorTheDecent said:

Gendry tho. 

yo like but is he even going to go anywhere storywwise or just be up in the north fighting the white walkers 

6 minutes ago, lkuseian said:

yo like but is he even going to go anywhere storywwise or just be up in the north fighting the white walkers 

They'll probably create something since Jon is a targ and Robert "smashed Rhaegar on the battlefield"

So Gendry and Jon might have a bit of conflict but they'll put that aside and deal with it later. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

i think (given how honest gendry was when they first met) that he is quite platonic / willing to follow john anywhere and lend a hand 

Gendry is a real 1. Also the game of thrones leaks on reddit don't read it. The entire season is spoiled =/ 

6 hours ago, GBELILREESE said:

Gendry is a real 1. Also the game of thrones leaks on reddit don't read it. The entire season is spoiled =/ 

Doesn't matter, somebody at HBO messed up and aired episode 6 in full HD, it's all over the internet now, you can watch it.

This season is horrible, carrying over the worrying trends from the end of the last season: it's rushed AF. Seasons ago, we would spend who knows how many episodes in resolving tiny episodes plot lines like Qarth or Rose, but in the last couple seasons even major plots are done in two scenes. Characters teleport all over the planet like this is Star Trek (I know that times is supposed to pass by, but there is no sense of magnitude at all. And I would like to check for actual consistency). It's almost like they ran out of the kind of money that it would take finish this with the same level of detail as the first few seasons, (or motivation, as it would take who knows how many seasons) so we just get to watch the trailer for the ending instead :P 

2 hours ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

This season is horrible, carrying over the worrying trends from the end of the last season: it's rushed AF. Seasons ago, we would spend who knows how many episodes in resolving tiny episodes plot lines like Qarth or Rose, but in the last couple seasons even major plots are done in two scenes. Characters teleport all over the planet like this is Star Trek (I know that times is supposed to pass by, but there is no sense of magnitude at all. And I would like to check for actual consistency). It's almost like they ran out of the kind of money that it would take finish this with the same level of detail as the first few seasons, (or motivation, as it would take who knows how many seasons) so we just get to watch the trailer for the ending instead :P 

I absolutely disagree. It is 'rushed' yes, because people  don't really want 3 episodes of traveling, it's just straight to the point. It's not teleporting, clearly time passes as the characters themselves say, and in Dany's case it's reasonable, dragons are fast.

Everything is tying up, we don't have time for the smaller plotlines which served to build up to this story we have right in front of our noses.

It's not horrible at all, you complain too much and appreciate too little, I may sound like a fanboy but I see many of your kind daily on Reddit and it's 

infuriating to complain about the most mundane things ever. This season is actually very nice in my opinion, and in the opinion of the vast majority, only a select few will eternally bitch and moan. I am so, so tired of hearing these non-sensical complaints. Is the season perfect? No. But your complaints make it seem like it's total garbage on grounds of the most minute details that really don't matter at this point in the story.

6 hours ago, coolkingler1 said:

I absolutely disagree.

That's fair, because these are subjective opinions. Like some people don't even like this show to begin with :P

It is 'rushed' yes, because people  don't really want 3 episodes of traveling, it's just straight to the point. It's not teleporting, clearly time passes as the characters themselves say, and in Dany's case it's reasonable, dragons are fast.

They can make 20 years go by, it still doesn't change that the scenes are back to back. It's a choice of storyboard. I don't like the result.

Everything is tying up, we don't have time for the smaller plotlines which served to build up to this story we have right in front of our noses.

I don't think we had it earlier either. I think we could have started "tying everything up" earlier, and avoid the drastic change of pace. The show is good, but pace has been irregular, too slow for my taste at times, and too fast for my taste right now. Having fewer episodes in the last 2 seasons doesn't help

It's not horrible at all, you complain too much and appreciate too little,

No. I just give credit where credit is due (or discredit, when applicable :P).

I may sound like a fanboy but I see many of your kind daily on Reddit

No, you don't. You're just assuming things about me so you can engage my like you do the redditards, because that's what you are used to. It's... infuriating.

complain about the most mundane things ever.

I don't complain. I make assessments. Assessments about the TV show characteristics of a TV show. If I think someone acts badly, I can say so, whether you agree or not. It wouldn't be an excuse to complain, it would just be a valid opinion of a quality-relevant part of the show. Same with story development, direction, sound, makeup, whatever. You can't say that commenting on these things is more or less relevant depending on whether the opinion is negative or positive.

Would you be "infuriated" if I had said "this season is fantastic, they nailed the narrative pace perfectly"? If the answer is no, then you are not angry at what I talk about, you are just angry about me disagreeing with you.

This season is actually very nice in my opinion,

Good, and valid.

and in the opinion of the vast majority,

Irrelevant.

only a select few will eternally bitch and moan. I am so, so tired of hearing these non-sensical complaints.

The dark fire will not avail you, flame of Udûn. Go back to the Reddit!

Is the season perfect? No. But your complaints make it seem like it's total garbage on grounds of the most minute details that really don't matter at this point in the story.

My "complaints" are an articulate assessment on how the wrong choice of pacing can degrade the enjoyment of an overall good TV show. Since the last few episodes of season 6, I don't get to savour the plot(s) development like I used to, mainly due to the show's choices on how to present the latest developments. It doesn't need to have the same effect on others. This is, after all, the "Game of thrones discussions" thread. Feel free to create a "Game of thrones unanimity" thread.