how is this for gaming ?

acepro71

CPU: Fx 8350 | CPU Cooler: Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo Now  AMD STOCK CPU COOLER | Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3 (rev 1.1)   NOW MSI 990FXA-GD80 | Ram: Corsair Vengence 8GB DDR3 Motherboard detects 7gb for some weird reason | Graphics Card: SAPPHIRE HD 7870 GHz Edition 2GB GDDR5 |  HDD: 1 TB samsung 

Case: CM elite 310 | Monitor: Aoc e2050S

OS: Windows 8 Professional 64 Bit NOW  Wndows 10 Professional 64 Bit

Power Supply: Cooler Master Thunder 500W NOW GX 650W v2

CPU is OK, GPU is scrap crap.

it looks decent enough lol why is is crap ? 

CPU: Fx 8350 | CPU Cooler: Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo Now  AMD STOCK CPU COOLER | Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3 (rev 1.1)   NOW MSI 990FXA-GD80 | Ram: Corsair Vengence 8GB DDR3 Motherboard detects 7gb for some weird reason | Graphics Card: SAPPHIRE HD 7870 GHz Edition 2GB GDDR5 |  HDD: 1 TB samsung 

That will play games at low/medium at 720p with no AA. 

My Build Log on PCPartPicker FX-6300, ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3, MSI 7870 GHz Edition, Corsair Vengeance LP 1x8GB, 1TB WD Blue, Fractal Core 1000 USB 3.0, Corsair CX600, and my most recent addition that I've had forever and isnt new is a 80GB WD800 for Linux, Lenovo ThinkPad X131e, ASUS Transformer TF300T, Galaxy Note 3 Sister dropped it in a puddle I now have to use a Samsung Brightside, Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250ohm version, Blue Yeti  #TheRealKEH-JEFF | "Sometimes, if were lucky, in Australia, a family has 2 kangaroos to pick up the kids with" - marto | Your entry here | Remember kids; just because Linus has a video on it, doesn't mean that its the best choice | ts3.wferr.com the best TeamSpeak Abide by the CoC | Looking for build help? Read this before posting |

Listen to this 12 year old, and yeah the GPU is pure crap.

What is mind-boggling about notebooks in general is that they put you 4 freak'in hyper-threaded cores that will never benefit you in a gaming scenario, i5 is just enough for any moderate gaming experience on a notebook, and put the uggliest most crappier S***iest graphics card ever.

It blows my mind.

Stop bloating nonsense, and reason to contribute in a constructive manner.

Really you should not get a notebook for gaming- they wear out very quickly, for instance my Dell XPS 17 with a GT 445M 3GB GPU is shattered after 2-3 years and I got temps reaching over 90oC or even sometimes 100oC, which forced me to change the thermal compound because it has melted around the heat sink.

If you going to get a laptop/notebook for gaming your going to regret it.

CPU is OK, GPU is scrap crap.

It games good enough for a notebook, altough notebooks arent for gaming.

it's 1366x768. even with a 610M I can play Battlefield 4 at low with reasonable framerates, your post is wrong.

it's 1366x768. even with a 610M I can play Battlefield 4 at low with reasonable framerates, your post is wrong.

You shouldn't expect so much from a notebook, that much is true, but these specs are definitly SO UNBALANCED.

An i7 coupled with a GT class of card ? And for an "Entertainement" intended device i thought GPU acceleration would be the best thing to have, anyway... yeah, just... just let me configure some stuff for you HP and you'll gain buckets of money in no time.

Stop bloating nonsense, and reason to contribute in a constructive manner.

CPU is good, GPU sucks, memory  - so so...

| CPU: i7 3770k | MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z77A-G45 Gaming | GPU: GTX 770 | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident X | PSU: XFX PRO 1050w | STORAGE: SSD 120GB PQI +  6TB HDD | COOLER: Thermaltake: Water 2.0 | CASE: Cooler Master: HAF 912 Plus |

Agreed. I survived with a GeForce 610 in my PC for almost a year before upgrading.

LOOK AT MY TUBE, MY TUBE IS AMAZING. DONT LICK IT IT DOESN'T TASTE LIKE ANYTHING. IT DOESN'T HAVE A MANE OR PENIS EITHER. SHUT UP.

Have you bought it?

*** CPU - i7 3770K @ 4.6GHz *** MB - Asus Maximus V Gene *** RAM - 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum @ 1600MHz *** GPU - Asus Direct CUII AMD Radeon HD 7870 *** Case - Corsair Obsidian 350D *** OS SSD120GB OCZ

*** Storage - 500GB WD Black (Gaming Drive), 1TB Seagate Barracuda (Storage) *** PSU - OCZ ZX 1000W *** CPU Cooler - Cooler Master V6 GT *** Keyboard - Corsair Vengeance K70 *** Mouse - Corsair Vengeance K65

*** Headset - ROG Vulcan ANC

Have you bought it?

nope

Agreed. I survived with a GeForce 610 in my PC for almost a year before upgrading.

well they said it sucked cause its old and u can only play games at minnimum settings with it

How much do you want to spend on a gaming rig? Im sure people can assist with planning a build.

no you cant, and most importantly you should not. there are much better solutions for your money.

well they said it sucked cause its old and u can only play games at minnimum settings with it

that is the point. its old and its point less.

there is a sweet spot when it comes to computer hardware depending on how much you want to spend.

for what ever price he is paying for that crap, there are better and never ones out there, and if he is willing to save up a little bit more then even better options are there. 

it looks decent enough lol why is is crap ? 

man it's even suckier then my 40$ hd 6670 I had for ym first year of Pc gaming.

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.