Case That Doesn't Suffocate My Rads

iamdarkbowser

I need a relatively cheep (≤$75 USD) case that supports both a 240 and 360mm rad. My current case got damaged and it's thermals aren't impressive. In an open air case where the rads were kinda on top of my makeshift case, my thermals were very good, then with the actual case, my 290x reaches temperatures of about 95c under heavy load. I would rather not have this and I need to replace the case anyway, so what's out there? 

1 minute ago, iamdarkbowser said:

I need a relatively cheep (≤$75 USD) case that supports both a 240 and 360mm rad. My current case got damaged and it's thermals aren't impressive. In an open air case where the rads were kinda on top of my makeshift case, my thermals were very good, then with the case, my 290x reaches temperatures of about 95c under heavy load. I would rather not have this and I need to replace the case anyway, so what's out there? 

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811139088&ignorebbr=1&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC-_-pla-_-Cases+(Computer+Cases+-+ATX+Form)-_-N82E16811139088&gclid=CjwKCAjwzYDMBRA1EiwAwCv6JmvXzjnUfyeqmHJcnTXyyIwItL-BAfeD1JXDbmqvDkDEJb3tjz-ylxoCxX4QAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Just now, iamdarkbowser said:

I need a relatively cheep (≤$75 USD) case that supports both a 240 and 360mm rad. My current case got damaged and it's thermals aren't impressive. In an open air case where the rads were kinda on top of my makeshift case, my thermals were very good, then with the case, my 290x reaches temperatures of about 95c under heavy load. I would rather not have this and I need to replace the case anyway, so what's out there? 

Define S is decently good for the price, the front is a little restrictive but with the moduvents open at the top it's very open. 

3 minutes ago, W-L said:

Define S is decently good for the price, the front is a little restrictive but with the moduvents open at the top it's very open. 

What's the airflow like on the front?

What's the airflow like on the front?

It has those side gills along the front edge so it's not terrible with pressure fans. 

Image result for define s

Just now, W-L said:

It has those side gills along the front edge so it's not terrible with pressure fans. 

Image result for define s

Those gills look a lot smaller on newegg, that'l work fine I think, thanks.

You could try a fully open case like the core p3.  I've seen some cool mods/brackets to fit 2 radiators and it fits well in your budget.

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

1 hour ago, Damascus said:

You could try a fully open case like the core p3.  I've seen some cool mods/brackets to fit 2 radiators and it fits well in your budget.

The issue is is that I am trying to sell this thing on craigslist, as you might imagine, a lot of buyers will want a "normal" case. 

1 minute ago, iamdarkbowser said:

The issue is is that I am trying to sell this thing on craigslist, as you might imagine, a lot of buyers will want a "normal" case. 

A fully built watercooled system, just wondering do those sell well online never looked into that?

Just now, W-L said:

A fully built watercooled system, just wondering do those sell well online never looked into that?

Well I guess I will find out.

Try to grab and interest of a customer, in most cases I've seen if they're willing to pay for a WC system they usually want a specific look or design. However I'm not super familiar with this so there might be a good market for it. 

2 minutes ago, W-L said:

Going to be honest with you, WC components have very poor resale, despite holding usability for an extremely long time.  Most people don't want to pay the cost for it.

Good example is my d5, 10 bitspower compression fitting (most with angled adapters an xspc CPU block and 10' of primochill advanced LRT. 

600 bucks minimum value and I got it for 200 (all in CAD)

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious