Do you think LTT is going to make a revew of the new Nokia Phones?

Last friday I got a new phone, the long waited Nokia 3 (in black). I'm probably on the top 200 of Mexico's first owners of the phone. All the phones I had were nokia (even I had two Windows Phone)

I was just wondering if you guys (LMG staff and forum boyz) know if there is a review in the ways, maybe by the hand of Nokia and HMD Global or by LMG.

#PCMasterRace #LinuxMasterRace

Don't mix being popular and common becasue ot being the best, and being common and popular because it was the first thing the people saw.

1 minute ago, Max_Settings said:

Wait, Nokia is still in business??

Yes, they made Nokia Lumia, which is a Windows phone. The division that produces phone later brought by Microsoft and renamed to Microsoft phone

Just now, deXxterlab97 said:

Yes, they made Nokia Lumia, which is a Windows phone. The division that produces phone later brought by Microsoft and renamed to Microsoft phone

Wait, they still make Windows phones???

Just now, Max_Settings said:

Under Microsoft Phone

Just now, Max_Settings said:

WTF? Who buys those?

What do you mean who buys windows phone? A lot of people use Windows phone as it is nice

@AluminiumTech for example.

It's nice to have a Windows phone and a Windows PC to sync things up for example.

1 minute ago, deXxterlab97 said:

What do you mean who buys windows phone? A lot of people use Windows phone as it is nice

It's nice to have a Windows phone and a Windows PC to sync things up for example.

To be 100% honest with you, I have never seen 1 person in my life with one. That's why I just assumed they stopped making them.

4 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

And considering 99.6% of phones run IOS or Andriod, I would say it is a fair assumption to assume that they stopped making Windows phones.

https://www.theverge.com/2017/2/16/14634656/android-ios-market-share-blackberry-2016

Maybe, but if they do it'd be the top tier model, the Nokia 8.

I was excited for it, but the fact it has a 5.3" screen, comes in hideous colors, the design is a little bland and the rumored price is high has made me change my mind.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

19 minutes ago, Max_Settings said:

To be 100% honest with you, I have never seen 1 person in my life with one. That's why I just assumed they stopped making them.

I got 2 Lumia 830 ... one with 8.1 R2, and one with fast ring Win 10 =) 

Both are amazing phones... extremely sturdy like nokias were.

To sum some info together...

Nokia got bought by MS. MS changed the Windows Phones line from Nokia Lumia to MS Lumia.

Later they dumped their phone line. No wonder the 650, and 950/xl aren't nearly as good from the build quality kind of view as the Nokia Lumias were. Even though the 950 and 950 XL have excellent cameras and Continuum is nice as well.

So after dumping the whole phone line, MS sold the Nokia Brand back to Nokia and Nokia got a partner in Asia who builds new nokia smartphones. This time not with Windows Phone, but Android.

The second series of devices will again have the Carl Zeiss optics for the cameras. So again they will be on top of the line for cameras, the hardware itself isn't bad as well.

Even though Android isn't my thing, I would try one out.

Main System:

Anghammarad : Asrock Taichi x570, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @4900 MHz. 32 GB DDR4 3600, some NVME SSDs, Gainward Phoenix RTX 3070TI

System 2 "Igluna" AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Pro, Core I5 3570k @4300, 16 GB Ram DDR3 2133, some SSD, and a 2 TB HDD each, Gainward Phantom 760GTX.

System 3 "Inskah" AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Pro, Core I5 3570k @4300, 16 GB Ram DDR3 2133, some SSD, and a 2 TB HDD each, Gainward Phantom 760GTX.

On the Road: Acer Aspire 5 Model A515-51G-54FD, Intel Core i5 7200U, 8 GB DDR4 Ram, 120 GB SSD, 1 TB SSD, Intel CPU GFX and Nvidia MX 150, Full HD IPS display

Media System "Vio": Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5700X, 64 GB Ram DDR4 3200 Mushkin, 1 275 GB Crucial MX SSD, 1 tb Crucial MX500 SSD. IBM 5015 Megaraid, 4 Seagate Ironwolf 4TB HDD in raid 5, 4 WD RED 4 tb in another Raid 5, Gainward Phoenix GTX 1060

(Abit Fatal1ty FP9 IN SLI, C2Duo E8400, 6 GB Ram DDR2 800, far too less diskspace, Gainward Phantom 560 GTX broken need fixing)

Nostalgia: Amiga 1200, Tower Build, CPU/FPU/MMU 68EC020, 68030, 68882 @50 Mhz, 10 MByte ram (2 MB Chip, 8 MB Fast), Fast SCSI II, 2 CDRoms, 2 1 GB SCSI II IBM Harddrives, 512 MB Quantum Lightning HDD, self soldered Sync changer to attach VGA displays, WLAN

27 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Under Microsoft Phone

This is not about that. As title says, it's Nokia phones, not WP. Nokia signed a contract with HMD who will be making their phones and tablets under Nokia brand, hence why they are called Nokia phones. And I'm pretty sure MS fired most, if not all of old Nokia employees (tjey did this in 3 waves iirc), so you could say that new phones that MS will release (I think they will?) will have nothing to do with older WP. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

7 minutes ago, Anghammarad said:

So after dumping the whole phone line, MS sold the Nokia Brand back to Nokia and Nokia got a partner in Asia who builds new nokia smartphones. This time not with Windows Phone, but Android.

Actually HMD is a finish company, not an asian one. And afaik MS still owns the Nokia brand, but here is the direct quote:

"HMD has now purchased the rights to use the Nokia trademark on feature phones until 2024, and all remaining feature phone assets, including sales, manufacturing and distribution, will be sold to FIH Mobile Limited - a subsidiary of electronics manufacturer Foxxconn, best-known as one of Apple's largest suppliers for iPhone."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/2016/05/18/nokia-phones-are-finally-making-a-comeback/

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

33 minutes ago, Max_Settings said:

I have the Lumia 950, and let me tell you, the amount of people that still ask me how I like my Nexus 5X still amazes me (like is the Microsoft logo on the top not enough of a clue?)

Though I'm more than likely going to pick up the next Nokia Flagship just to get android. I can live with Windows Phone myself (I'm not a app heavy person) but it's depressing not being able to play most mobile games (Android / IOS only). I'm kind of fond of the Windows Phone UI myself though.

38 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

You're kidding right? ?

Also, in the upcoming Fall Creators Update, Windows 10 PCs will soon be able to send/receive calls and reply to text messages from an Android phone. There's simply no value other than nostalgia to buy a Windows Phone right now when an iPhone or and Android phone just makes more sense. 

46 minutes ago, MasterGeekMX said:

Last friday I got a new phone, the long waited Nokia 3 (in black). I'm probably on the top 200 of Mexico's first owners of the phone. All the phones I had were nokia (even I had two Windows Phone)

I was just wondering if you guys (LMG staff and forum boyz) know if there is a review in the ways, maybe by the hand of Nokia and HMD Global or by LMG.

If it runs Android (most likely) and won't compromise too much on flagship features and there's a press following, I can see Linus or anyone reviewing the phone. 

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

40 minutes ago, Max_Settings said:

Nokia still makes phones. They never technically stopped.

Microsoft Lumias are actually Nokias (Microsoft licensed tech from them and I think they outright bought the Lumia trademark)

They recently re-released the legendary Nokia 3310 (which is a feature phone that I absolutely love. I just got to play with one and it's everything I expected and more) and they started making Android phones this year

As for Windows Phones, there's still a number of us that use them. I like to think they're the new BlackBerry, since they're quite nice to use as a business phone (and since I'm deep into the Windows 10 ecosystem I actually like the cross-device integration. Plus, it's the only mobile OS that I can use my work e-mail on. I don't care too much about the app store since most of what I need is pre-installed or made available for free by Microsoft).

Like @Bouzoo said, they're Finnish, not asian. MS does own a hefty part of it (afaik via licensing)

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down. - Adam Savage

PHOΞNIX Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.75GHz | Corsair LPX 16Gb DDR4 @ 2933 | MSI B350 Tomahawk | Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8Gb | Intel 535 120Gb | Western Digital WD5000AAKS x2 | Cooler Master HAF XB Evo | Corsair H80 + Corsair SP120 | Cooler Master 120mm AF | Corsair SP120 | Icy Box IB-172SK-B | OCZ CX500W | Acer GF246 24" + AOC <some model> 21.5" | Steelseries Apex 350 | Steelseries Diablo 3 | Steelseries Syberia RAW Prism | Corsair HS-1 | Akai AM-A1

D.VA coming soon™ xoxo

Sapphire Acer Aspire 1410 Celeron 743 | 3Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Home x32

Vault Tec Celeron 420 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | Storage pending | Open Media Vault

gh0st Asus K50IJ T3100 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | 40Gb HDD | Ubuntu 17.04

Diskord Apple MacBook A1181 Mid-2007 Core2Duo T7400 @2.16GHz | 4Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Pro x32

Firebird//Phoeniix FX-4320 | Gigabyte 990X-Gaming SLI | Asus GTS 450 | 16Gb DDR3-1600 | 2x Intel 535 250Gb | 4x 10Tb Western Digital Red | 600W Segotep custom refurb unit | Windows 10 Pro x64 // offisite backup and dad's PC

Saint Olms Apple iPhone 6 16Gb Gold

Archon Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Gulliver Nokia Lumia 1320

Werkfern Nokia Lumia 520

Hydromancer Acer Liquid Z220

6 hours ago, hey_yo_ said:

You're kidding right? ?

Also, in the upcoming Fall Creators Update, Windows 10 PCs will soon be able to send/receive calls and reply to text messages from an Android phone. There's simply no value other than nostalgia to buy a Windows Phone right now when an iPhone or and Android phone just makes more sense. 

If it runs Android (most likely) and won't compromise too much on flagship features and there's a press following, I can see Linus or anyone reviewing the phone. 

Nokia 3,5,6 is running Android. Not only @LinusTech should review it, he should do the linus treatment on it 

@Max_Settings Before this Nokia 3 I had two WP, Lumia 620 and Lumia 532. I actually like WP moe than android (and sure more than iOS), but as a person that founds itself in the need of apps I switched as soon as Nokia were available here in Mexico. Gosh! I even installed a launcher that mimics the Windows Phone UIon my Nokia 3!

And BTW, a reusme of Nokia: Tried so hard to push Symbian and MeeGo becasue "fuck Android" they said (quite literally), Sell out to Microsoft for a period of time, MS rebranded nokia as Windows Mobile (my Lumia 532 says Microsoft instead of Nokia), exclusivity contract ended, Ex-directives of Nokia's golden age founded HMD Global, They got a partnership with Foxconn and Nokia itself (the OG company that still exists) to relaunch Nokia-branded phones with android.

#PCMasterRace #LinuxMasterRace

Don't mix being popular and common becasue ot being the best, and being common and popular because it was the first thing the people saw.