When is the RX vega reviews coming.

Frode

So the benchmarks for RX vega is not out yet. He talks about the review embargo. Is there anyone that knows when we will start to see reviews of the cards?

14th of august as stated, be ready to be disappointed.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

Just now, Princess Cadence said:

14th of august as stated, be ready to be disappointed.

Wow that was a long shot away. I really want the cards to come out.

4 minutes ago, Frode said:

So the benchmarks for RX vega is not out yet. He talks about the review embargo. Is there anyone that knows when we will start to see reviews of the cards?

The general answer to this question is reviews of computer hardware generally don't get released until the hardware's release date.

Just now, M.Yurizaki said:

The general answer to this question is reviews of computer hardware generally don't get released until the hardware's release date.

I actually did not have a idea when the release date was.

7 minutes ago, Frode said:

I actually did not have a idea when the release date was.

Well now you know. Rx vega will be released on August 14th.

so one of ours resellers in slovakia and czech republic officially priced vega gpus already for pre-order nicely : 
RX VEGA XT - 916 euros
RX VEGA XT LIMITED ED. - 926 euros
RX VEGA XT liquid cooling - 1036 euros
i feel like crying now and im ashamed that i live in country that alows this kind of selling practice, it will be cheaper to get to buy it anywhere else and get is shipped by first class to me than buy here, these price tags are insane. and i was waiting for the vega GPU's in my 1600x build now im not sure what to do ... 

2 hours ago, qasarttl said:

so one of ours resellers in slovakia and czech republic officially priced vega gpus already for pre-order nicely : 
RX VEGA XT - 916 euros
RX VEGA XT LIMITED ED. - 926 euros
RX VEGA XT liquid cooling - 1036 euros
i feel like crying now and im ashamed that i live in country that alows this kind of selling practice, it will be cheaper to get to buy it anywhere else and get is shipped by first class to me than buy here, these price tags are insane. and i was waiting for the vega GPU's in my 1600x build now im not sure what to do ... 

Lel those prices are way too crazy. 916 euros is freaking more than a 1080ti in aus by 200€ diff and thats just comparing the base model let alone the higher end one.

for that price id spring for a 1080ti instead literally x.x 

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K | Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX Z270H | Graphics Card: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1080 Ti OCEdition | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 3000MHz |Storage: 1 x Samsung 830 EVO Series 250GB | 1 x Samsung 960 PRO Series 512GB | 1 x Western Digital Blue 1TB | 1 x Western Digital Blue 4TB | PSU: Corsair RM750x 750W 80+ Gold Power Supply | Case: Cooler Master MasterCase 5 Pro |

Cooling: Corsair H100i v2 // 4x Corsair ML140 RED Fans // 2x Corsair ML120 RED Fans 
---

Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q 1440p 165Hz IPS G-Sync | Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Red LED, Cherry MX Brown Switches | Mouse: Corsair Glaive RGB | Speakers: Logitech Z623 THX Certified Speakers

10 hours ago, ONOTech said:

Probably on release day. August 14th I think?

10 hours ago, M.Yurizaki said:

I actually

Spoiler

£μ¢king hate (how do you do strikethrough, and change font color to almost same as background, like F8F8F8 on light and 080808 on dark or similar, on mobile when there isn't room for the icons in the interface?)

strongly dislike when the review embargo doesn't lift before the day & time of retail availability. :(

I want to be able to read /watch all the reviews, including but not limited to

Spoiler

LinusTechTips, Tech Deals, BitWit, Paul's Hardware, Gamers Nexus, AustinEvans, JayzTwoCents, Tom's Hardware, AnandTech, Hardware Canucks, 

I'm sure I left a bunch out :/ but who?

THEN make my decision on buying the card.

I hate when they've already sold out BEFORE I decide to buy, and worse, when the restocks sell out quickly. :(

This happened with the 1060.  I read/watched the reviews at launch time, but they were already sold out before I'd gotten through a couple reviews. :( I ended up having to keep using my Intel HD 4600 until end of November 2016. >:( (Then I FINALLY got a 3GB EVGA SC 1060.)

I think the GTX 1080 reviews came out a few weeks BEFORE you could buy the cards, right?  Why can't everything else be like that? :(

22 minutes ago, PianoPlayer88Key said:

I think the GTX 1080 reviews came out a few weeks BEFORE you could buy the cards, right?  Why can't everything else be like that? :(

That's not going to change the situation regarding stock. If anything, having it before may make it worse.

Which I'm sure that's what happened to the GTX 1080. It was almost impossible to find for MSRP anywhere for the first few months.

51 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

That's not going to change the situation regarding stock. If anything, having it before may make it worse.

Which I'm sure that's what happened to the GTX 1080. It was almost impossible to find for MSRP anywhere for the first few months.

Hmm... then what would it take so we'd be able to buy things at normal prices even immediately after launch, or at the height of a mining craze or something?  For the mining I was thinking limiting purchases to what you'd need in order to game with your existing monitors in current games at high settings or something like that, but how to prevent on-launch scalping?  (I think I saw 1080s on Amazon by 3rd party sellers for prices not far removed from what I'd normally expect from a flagship Quadro!)  An idea of "make the scalpers get very poor VERY fast" like in 1/365th the time they got rich, and get 365x poorer or something like that) comes to mind, but I'd have no way to implement it.  (The money would be used to atone for the buyers getting scalped.  They might get free cards, or free cards AND $ from the scalpers, etc, or something.  Idk.)

1 hour ago, PianoPlayer88Key said:

Hmm... then what would it take so we'd be able to buy things at normal prices even immediately after launch, or at the height of a mining craze or something?  For the mining I was thinking limiting purchases to what you'd need in order to game with your existing monitors in current games at high settings or something like that, but how to prevent on-launch scalping?  (I think I saw 1080s on Amazon by 3rd party sellers for prices not far removed from what I'd normally expect from a flagship Quadro!)  An idea of "make the scalpers get very poor VERY fast" like in 1/365th the time they got rich, and get 365x poorer or something like that) comes to mind, but I'd have no way to implement it.  (The money would be used to atone for the buyers getting scalped.  They might get free cards, or free cards AND $ from the scalpers, etc, or something.  Idk.)

People just need to stop buying from scalpers. But apparently nobody really seems to do that.

14 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

People just need to stop buying from scalpers. But apparently nobody really seems to do that.

If only there was a way to stop the scalpers BEFORE anyone has a chance to buy from them... :(  Maybe major sites like Newegg, Amazon, eBay, etc, that allow 3rd party sellers could implement auto-checks or something so sellers aren't allowed to list a card above  then-current MSRP.  And no recouping costs with high shipping fees, either.

It would cease to apply after the card is discontinued AND sold out from the mainstream retail channels.  And I dont mean a specific SKU, like 1st gen EVGA ACX 1080 SC (is it replaced by ICX in stack?); rather, the entire 10 series would need to be discontinued and sold out before sellers are allowed to "scalp".  After all we DO still want to allow "collectors item" sales, or situations when a discontinued product actually becomes highly valuable for whatever reason. :)

I remember once, looking at a $100 or so HDD on eBay like 10-15+ years ago, new in box.  Buy-It-Now = $0.01. Shipping = $99.99. :o Ebay has a rule against using high shipping fees to avoid seller fees.  Or, had - I think the seller fees now apply to the total price.

I think the same concept should apply.  Shipping fee would either be calculated by carrier, or capped at what the main site charges.  (I realize 2nd doesn't apply to eBay.)

9 minutes ago, PianoPlayer88Key said:

If only there was a way to stop the scalpers BEFORE anyone has a chance to buy from them... :(  Maybe major sites like Newegg, Amazon, eBay, etc, that allow 3rd party sellers could implement auto-checks or something so sellers aren't allowed to list a card above  then-current MSRP.  And no recouping costs with high shipping fees, either.

That would be detrimental to all of those sites, because the scalpers would just pack up and find greener pastures. The most retailers will do is limit the sale of one per customer. Which hopefully they check shipping address and payment method to ensure nobody's making alts.

Plus the whole whobadebooblah about governments trying to run the economy or whatever.

15 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

That would be detrimental to all of those sites, because the scalpers would just pack up and find greener pastures. The most retailers will do is limit the sale of one per customer. Which hopefully they check shipping address and payment method to ensure nobody's making alts.

Plus the whole whobadebooblah about governments trying to run the economy or whatever.

Hmm yeah. :/ I'm just trying to figure out how to ensure gamers & creators (not miners/buy-norm-sell-high-cause-you-sold-everyone-else-out scalpers) can always get the cards they need at sane prices.

For an example of what I think is a sane launch price MSRP for an ?80 Ti, look up the launch price of the GTX 285. Also note what GPU it was based on - G?#00 vs 02 vs 04, etc.

Interesting to me is comparing it with the GTX 280. (Also compare other 200 series launch prices.) What happened then to cause the price drop?  Did AMD have anything to do with it?  Could Vega or Navi cause a repeat?  (Same question on CPUs with launch price vs price drops during the Q6600's life.  I haven't seen any Intel CPUs in the last several years have price drops like that.)