Newegg Ripoff on imports to Mexico

remore

First of all Im sorry if this is not the adecuate section second of all english is not my native language so I apologize for any grammar mistakes

So a month ago I bought some items from newegg, the service was recently opened for mexico, at the checkout the charged me with import duties which is quite common when buying internationally from big stores like amazon, what happened now is that newegg failed to deliver money for the duties to the shipping handler in this case fedex, so when my order arrived fedex charged me the duties on delivery, I have tried to argue with newegg on all channels available but they rehuse to hear me out and just quote generic anwers.

i am adding the tweet where i called them on their ripoff and screenshots of the conversation i had with @NeweggService in twitter, also attaching a copy of the newegg invoice and the fedex invoice where i paid for the duties.

note the fedex invoice is in spanish if you need any help translating hit me up.

im writting here because im out of ideas, this just one of the orders i have another 2 and my best friend also ordered some stuff so im the total amount add to about $1000 usd they blatantly pocketed. and thats of just my friend and i im sure that other fellow mexicans are in the same situation.

so i am asking the tech community for support because this is the reason being a tech or pc enthusiast outside of the us or canada is almost imposible.

thank you all in advance

fedex inv.jpg

inv newegg.JPG

dm1.JPG

dm2.JPG

dm3.JPG

WTF...  This company that made 2.58 BILLION USD in 2015 just fucked you over 1K for no apparant reason.   

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

um did your 570 cost 8 grand? NVM 455 US is about right.  dude 1000 MXN isnt exactly 1k USD

Edited by Damascus
pesos

It looks like you paid $56 in fees, not bad considering you spent the equivalent to 600 CAD and We get about 20-30% taxes + import coming into the country.  Meaning you got a better deal then canada (Just paid 45 bucks shipping + 38 on arrival on a $140 order), unless I am missing something and  they charged you twice the value of your order in import fees.

I don't know what's up with newegg but hearing more and more horror stories about them. I might be looking else where to build my next PC.

15 minutes ago, Damascus said:

It looks like you paid $56 in fees, not bad considering you spent the equivalent to 600 CAD and We get about 20-30% taxes + import coming into the country.  Meaning you got a better deal then canada (Just paid 45 bucks shipping + 38 on arrival on a $140 order), unless I am missing something and  they charged you twice the value of your order in import fees.

I dont pay shit, who do you use?

7 minutes ago, Zonther said:

I don't know what's up with newegg but hearing more and more horror stories about them. I might be looking else where to build my next PC.

I just use Amazon. If you are Prime, their support is amazing to you. I've gotten full refunds (for small items) if it doesn't arrive within the 2 days 

CPU- Ryzen 9 3900x
CPU Cooler- Artic Liquid Freezer 2 240mm
GPU-  EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC ULTRA
RAM- CORSAIR VENGEANCE RGB PRO 32GB 3200Mhz 
PSU- Cooler Master MasterWatt 650 Watt
HDD- WD Blue 4TB
SSD- SanDisk Ultra II 500GB SATA III
Case- Custom Made Desk
Motherboard- ASUS ROG Strix B450-F Gaming

Microphone- Blue Snowball Ice
Headphones- Razer Nari Ultimate
Webcam- Logitech c270
Monitors- MSI Optix MAG24C and Acer KA240HQ Abid
Mouse- Corsair Nightsword RGB
Keyboard- Corsair K95 RGB Platinum MX Speed

How do we know Newegg is the "scammer" here and not Fedex? this could be Fedex's screw up claiming they never got paid by Newegg when they did, outside of having to pay return shipping on a DOA item 1 time i've not ever had any issues with Newegg. But I have seen all kinds of crap from Fedex (from package drop offs at 10:30 AT NIGHT, multiple times, to not showing up till the next day after the scheduled delivery and either them or Walmart straight up losing my Xbox One S bundle the first time around).

28 minutes ago, yathis said:

I dont pay shit, who do you use?

It was an order through perfomance PC using DHL (cheapest option)

On 7/26/2017 at 10:13 PM, Damascus said:

um did your 570 cost 8 grand? NVM 455 US is about right.  dude 1000 MXN isnt exactly 1k USD

that is jsut from one order between me and my friend its about 1k usd

On 7/26/2017 at 11:04 PM, Daniel644 said:

How do we know Newegg is the "scammer" here and not Fedex? this could be Fedex's screw up claiming they never got paid by Newegg when they did, outside of having to pay return shipping on a DOA item 1 time i've not ever had any issues with Newegg. But I have seen all kinds of crap from Fedex (from package drop offs at 10:30 AT NIGHT, multiple times, to not showing up till the next day after the scheduled delivery and either them or Walmart straight up losing my Xbox One S bundle the first time around).

then why would newegg not be of some sort of assistance instead of givin the obvously generic response and not even bothering to read the invoices i attached

On 7/26/2017 at 10:23 PM, Damascus said:

i was charged twice, once by newegg and once again by fedex on arrival

2 minutes ago, remore said:

that is jsut from one order between me and my friend its about 1k usd

You paid newegg 1200 MXN, that is 68.33 USD

Just now, Damascus said:

You paid newegg 1200 MXN, that is 68.33 USD

those are just from me and my friend ordered the same things i did so add those invoices and multiply them by 2

receipt order 231026309.jpeg

receipt order 231057689.jpeg

receipt order 333354638.jpeg

3 minutes ago, remore said:

then why would newegg not be of some sort of assistance instead of givin the obvously generic response and not even bothering to read the invoices i attached

they said they paid it, have you TRIED talking to fedex about this issue and showing them where Newegg took it?

Just now, Daniel644 said:

they said they paid it, have you TRIED talking to to fedex about this issue and showing them where Newegg took it?

yeah fedex was more than helpful but its as simple as newegg providing a proof that they paid fedex instead of shooting me off with their "duties are resposability of the importer" bullshit

1 minute ago, remore said:

those are just from me and my friend ordered the same things i did so add those invoices and multiply them by 2

So 60 a peice from newegg and 55 a peice from FEDEX.  That, my friend, is a grand total of $230.  I'm honestly confused, maybe there are taxes and the import charges a seperate?

On 7/26/2017 at 10:15 PM, M.Yurizaki said:

I think what happened is NewEgg paid the duties to FedEx in Mexico proper. FedEx didn't have to charge anything because it's already in Mexico.

Fedez invoice lists $0 on the prepaid section meaning they didnt recieve anything from newegg

On 7/26/2017 at 11:52 PM, Damascus said:

So 60 a peice from newegg and 55 a peice from FEDEX.  That, my friend, is a grand total of $230.  I'm honestly confused, maybe there are taxes and the import charges a seperate?

$1152+$725+$2846 (thats all from duties of my orders and its in MXN) plus aproximatelly the same from my friends order which was roughly the same as mine give us aa total of 547 usd, srry about saying it was about 1k usd got a bit confused with exchange rates, but still its quite a sizable amount that apparently newegg is pocketing

15 minutes ago, remore said:

Fedez invoice lists $0 on the prepaid section meaning they didnt recieve anything from newegg

Yeah, having a hard time reading whats what, I'm honestly back at square one.

Just now, Damascus said:

Yeah, having a hard time reading whats what, I'm honestly back at square one.

yeah sorry the fedex invoice is in spanish, but as you can see where i circled in red is the section where fedex lists if any prepaid money have been deposited to make the payment in customs, and on the other invoice from newegg its circled in red the amount of money they charged me to supposedly pay the duties. so 2 things are very clear to me, newegg did charge me $1277.24 mxn ($68 usd aprox) on the concept of duties, Fedex says in their invoicie  that they didnt recieve any money as prepayment for duties, and when my order arrived fedex charged me $1152 mxn (66 usd aprox) 

36 minutes ago, remore said:

What I meant is NewEgg paid the import tax to take it over to Mexico themselves, then dropped it off at FedEx.

I'd imagine NewEgg is willing to drive a trailer of orders to Tijuana (because it's like two hours from Industry, where one of their distribution depots are) where there's possibly a FedEx distribution hub.

Otherwise go ask FedEx to see what that really meant.

that didnt happen because the tracking guide showerd the order went to memphis and from there was shipped by plane to toluca mexico where the mexican customs checked it and charged the duties to fedex which in turn charged them back to me

On 7/27/2017 at 0:34 AM, M.Yurizaki said:

What I meant is NewEgg paid the import tax to take it over to Mexico themselves, then dropped it off at FedEx.

I'd imagine NewEgg is willing to drive a trailer of orders to Tijuana (because it's like two hours from Industry, where one of their distribution depots are) where there's possibly a FedEx distribution hub.

Otherwise go ask FedEx to see what that really meant.

hat didnt happen because the tracking guide showerd the order went to memphis and from there was shipped by plane to toluca mexico where the mexican customs checked it and charged the duties to fedex which in turn charged them back to me

and when i contacted fedex they told me that in they system it checked that the sender was supposed to prepay for the duties but hadnt done it

here is the tracking guide https://www.fedex.com/apps/fedextrack/?action=track&tracknumbers=732658169686&locale=es_MX&cntry_code=mx

2 hours ago, Zonther said:

You actually buy stuff off of Newegg? Amazon is always cheaper than Newegg and you don't ave to wait 9 days for your stuff to get here.

3 minutes ago, Max_Settings said:

You actually buy stuff off of Newegg? Amazon is always cheaper than Newegg and you don't ave to wait 9 days for your stuff to get here.

Because NewEgg is an actual retailer whereas I have to sift through the mountain of crap Amazon let's sellers put up on the market.

I mean, I could've bought a GTX 1080 for $850 on Amazon instead of the $700 or so that I paid on Newegg (this was last year)