Old GPU Boost

Zackachu

In this guide I will show you how to make the most out of an old card. (Like a Nvidia GT 330) First off we will remove the OEM cap on the gpu if it is an OEM gpu. (The GT 330 is a dell OEM card)

This should work on newer versions of windows (7 and up)

1: Open Regedit (winkey + r then type regedit and hit yes)

2: Navigate to directory HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> SOFTWARE -> Nvidia Corporation -> Global -> NVTweak -> OemConfigurations

3. Double click on MediaCenterLoadPolicy (it should be the only one) Then change the value data to 0.

4. Now restart the pc

5. Great! Now its time to overlock the Gpu, Go download and install MSI Afterburner from: https://www.msi.com/page/afterburner

6. Open it and you should see a screen that shows GPU core clock, memory clock, voltages, etc...

7. This is where it gets a bit tricky and will take some experimentation. SLOWLY raise the core clock and memory clock and make sure to monitor your temps (in the graph below the gpu clocks, I recommend not letting them get over 70c under load. I also recommend turning the fan speed up and making it manual to cool the higher clock speeds.

Guide.png.e62290089c478b93d02e3f91c304f25a.png

8. Once you get to a desired overclock test it with Furmark (Run it for like however long you need, the longer the more accurate results): http://www.ozone3d.net/benchmarks/fur/

9. If your gpu crashes during games or Furmark then restart your pc and try again until you get a stable overclock. (Lowering the clocks from the previous OC) (On my GT 330 I got my core to 600Mhz and Memory to 890Mhz with it still being stable)

10. Now click the startup button to make the OC start on windows load-up and Bam, You did it! You should see frame rate Increases in most games (some wont have a big difference tho)

Sorry if there is a duplicate guide, I didn't check and I was bored so I made this guide for anyone who had an oem card and for people who wanted to oc an older card but didn't know how.

Good Luck! xD