I think my cooler is stuck to my CPU

guus397
23 minutes ago, TheRedViper said:

Whats the paste you used for it to be this bad? Paste shouldnt stick unless you exceed their junction temps.

standard paste that was on the amd stock cooler.

Just now, guus397 said:

standard paste that was on the amd stock cooler.

Hum weird

CPU: Intel Core i9-10900K  MOBO: ROG MAXIMUS XII FORMULA GPU: 2080ti Hall of Fame 10th anniversary limited edition  PSU: Asus ROG THOR 1200W  COOLER: Optimus foundation black acetal RADS: 3x EKWB CoolStream PE 360  LOOP: EKWB torque HDC fittings / EKWB ZMT 15,9/9,5mm / EKWB CryoFuel Clear MONITOR: Acer predator X34

1 hour ago, Abyss Gaming said:

True. But it'll probably get high in a few seconds when you're in windows anyways. But yes monitor the temps

got it installed am going to run a test and see how it performs, overclocked my cpu to 3.65 ghz.

see max voltage of 1.24 V I heard it could go up-to 1.45 volts but I don't really know much about overclocking actually nothing at all.

it currently is always running at 3.65 ghz don't know why, If it keeps running at that speed I would think it is going to wear more, because voltage's also stay some-what the same.

22 hours ago, TheRedViper said:

Hum weird

Not really... The paste on AMD stock coolers has been known to be quite the adhesive ;)

Still remember the heart attack I had when I removed the stock heatsink on my Phenom II, the CPU popped out with the heatsink, and I bent 5 pins.
Fixed it with a Best Buy gift card, carefully reinserted the CPU - I recall it wasn't exactly "Zero Force" to insert it anymore... but It worked, and ran AIDA64 (or some other stress test software) for about a minute, turned the PC off, and the heatsink came off fairly easily.
- I never removed that CPU from the board ever again in fear that the pins were not exactly bent back perfectly.

On 7/25/2017 at 2:33 AM, Sypran said:

Not really... The paste on AMD stock coolers has been known to be quite the adhesive ;)

Still remember the heart attack I had when I removed the stock heatsink on my Phenom II, the CPU popped out with the heatsink, and I bent 5 pins.
Fixed it with a Best Buy gift card, carefully reinserted the CPU - I recall it wasn't exactly "Zero Force" to insert it anymore... but It worked, and ran AIDA64 (or some other stress test software) for about a minute, turned the PC off, and the heatsink came off fairly easily.
- I never removed that CPU from the board ever again in fear that the pins were not exactly bent back perfectly.

with me everything luckily went fine.