Watercooling 2 way SLI

@CyberFern0

If you don't use a flow bridge how do you plan to run the coolant to both GPU?

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

1 minute ago, Leonard said:

@CyberFern0

the same way I would run it with one gpu but instead of running it to the radiator I would run it to the other gpu than the radiator

Of course, unless one of the card's waterblock is 3 slots wide.

Actually, I don't think you can avoid using a flow bridge at all because the two "ports" on a waterblock are not designed to connect with other waterblock "ports" directly.

CPU: i7-2600K 4751MHz 1.44V (software) --> 1.47V at the back of the socket Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 (BCLK: 103.3MHz) CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 RAM: Adata XPG 2x8GB DDR3 (XMP: 2133MHz 10-11-11-30 CR2, custom: 2203MHz 10-11-10-26 CR1 tRFC:230 tREFI:14000) GPU: Asus GTX 1070 Dual (Super Jetstream vbios, +70(2025-2088MHz)/+400(8.8Gbps)) SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (main boot drive), Transcend SSD370 128GB PSU: Seasonic X-660 80+ Gold Case: Antec P110 Silent, 5 intakes 1 exhaust Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz (150Hz max w/ DP, 121Hz max w/ HDMI) TN panel Keyboard: Logitech G610 Orion (Cherry MX Blue) with SteelSeries Apex M260 keycaps Mouse: BenQ Zowie FK1

Model: HP Omen 17 17-an110ca CPU: i7-8750H (0.125V core & cache, 50mV SA undervolt) GPU: GTX 1060 6GB Mobile (+80/+450, 1650MHz~1750MHz 0.78V~0.85V) RAM: 8+8GB DDR4-2400 18-17-17-39 2T Storage: HP EX920 1TB PCIe x4 M.2 SSD + Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA SSD, 128GB Toshiba PCIe x2 M.2 SSD (KBG30ZMV128G) gone cooking externally, 1TB Seagate 7200RPM 2.5" HDD (ST1000LM049-2GH172) left outside Monitor: 1080p 126Hz IPS G-sync

Desktop benching:

Cinebench R15 Single thread:168 Multi-thread: 833 

SuperPi (v1.5 from Techpowerup, PI value output) 16K: 0.100s 1M: 8.255s 32M: 7m 45.93s

Just now, Jurrunio said:

Actually, I don't think you can avoid using a flow bridge at all because the two "ports" on a waterblock are not designed to connect with other waterblock "ports" directly.

jayztwocents does it

5 minutes ago, CyberFern0 said:

Is flow bridge needed if there is a 1 gpu slot between both cpus

You can do it using fittings or using an FC terminal such as this which is design for dual GPU's in a three gap spacing.

https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-fc-terminal-dual-serial-3-slot

-Moved to Liquid and Exotic Cooling- 

Just now, CyberFern0 said:

jayztwocents does it

Impossible. At the very least, you need a terminal block for it. Just look at 7 gamers 1 pc video. Those R9 Nanos are connected with a big terminal block.

CPU: i7-2600K 4751MHz 1.44V (software) --> 1.47V at the back of the socket Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 (BCLK: 103.3MHz) CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 RAM: Adata XPG 2x8GB DDR3 (XMP: 2133MHz 10-11-11-30 CR2, custom: 2203MHz 10-11-10-26 CR1 tRFC:230 tREFI:14000) GPU: Asus GTX 1070 Dual (Super Jetstream vbios, +70(2025-2088MHz)/+400(8.8Gbps)) SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (main boot drive), Transcend SSD370 128GB PSU: Seasonic X-660 80+ Gold Case: Antec P110 Silent, 5 intakes 1 exhaust Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz (150Hz max w/ DP, 121Hz max w/ HDMI) TN panel Keyboard: Logitech G610 Orion (Cherry MX Blue) with SteelSeries Apex M260 keycaps Mouse: BenQ Zowie FK1

Model: HP Omen 17 17-an110ca CPU: i7-8750H (0.125V core & cache, 50mV SA undervolt) GPU: GTX 1060 6GB Mobile (+80/+450, 1650MHz~1750MHz 0.78V~0.85V) RAM: 8+8GB DDR4-2400 18-17-17-39 2T Storage: HP EX920 1TB PCIe x4 M.2 SSD + Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA SSD, 128GB Toshiba PCIe x2 M.2 SSD (KBG30ZMV128G) gone cooking externally, 1TB Seagate 7200RPM 2.5" HDD (ST1000LM049-2GH172) left outside Monitor: 1080p 126Hz IPS G-sync

Desktop benching:

Cinebench R15 Single thread:168 Multi-thread: 833 

SuperPi (v1.5 from Techpowerup, PI value output) 16K: 0.100s 1M: 8.255s 32M: 7m 45.93s

Just now, Jurrunio said:

Impossible. At the very least, you need a terminal block for it. Just look at 7 gamers 1 pc video. Those R9 Nanos are connected with a big terminal block.

so I need a flow bridge no matter what

u could look at a jayztwocents video he has 3 gpus in 3 gap spacing and no terminal block

I don't understand

You can just use fittings and tubes like how I did in my build (see buildlog in my signature)

2 minutes ago, Jurrunio said:

Image result for jayztwocents

so I need a flow bridge no matter what

u could look at a jayztwocents video he has 3 gpus in 3 gap spacing and no terminal block

I don't understand

You can do it using fittings as said like this but it ends up being more costly.

Image result for hardline multi gpu water cooling

Just now, W-L said:

You can do it using fittings as said like this but it ends up being more costly.

wait I thought u need atleast one slot between the gpus for fitting cooling

this is even better

1 minute ago, W-L said:

u used compression fittings right

wait I thought u need atleast one slot between the gpus for fitting cooling

this is even better

1 minute ago, CyberFern0 said:

u used compression fittings right

No since the blocks are single slot in terms of height you can use fitting in between to sandwich the fittings and tubing. If you are planning on doing this with hardline you need hardline compression fittings but if your loop will use soft tube I would suggest to not go this route and use the FC terminal instead. 

11 minutes ago, Leonard said:

@CyberFern0

8 minutes ago, Jurrunio said:

You don't need a flow bridge. You can just use fittings and a small piece of tube.

Just now, Max_Settings said:

You don't need a flow bridge. You can just use fittings and a small piece of tube.

what fittings though

what fittings though

Compression fittings. Basically the only fittings anyone uses.

Just now, Max_Settings said:

Compression fittings. Basically the only fittings anyone uses.

lol yeah

ok thanks

Either push-in or compression fittings are fine. Push-ins take less space up, compression fittings are probably more secure

11 minutes ago, CyberFern0 said:

the same way I would run it with one gpu but instead of running it to the radiator I would run it to the other gpu than the radiator

but that is a flow bridge, just a janky one if done sloppily.

Just now, For Science! said:

Either push-in or compression fittings are fine. Push-ins take less space up, compression fittings are probably more secure

secure is better

3 minutes ago, W-L said:

No since the blocks are single slot in terms of height you can use fitting in between to sandwich the fittings and tubing. If you are planning on doing this with hardline you need hardline compression fittings but if your loop will use soft tube I would suggest to not go this route and use the FC terminal instead. 

oh yeah who used hard tubing anyone

3 minutes ago, Max_Settings said:

I never said he did guy, i was asking about his plans.

Just now, Leonard said:

but that is a flow bridge, just a janky one if done sloppily.

I think flow bridges look stupid. Seeing the fluid go between the GPUs looks much better