X370 Taichi USB and MoBo lights on when PC is turned off

Go to solution Solved by AniChatt,

Th

22 hours ago, lFaust said:

Will do, thanks!

EDIT: I searched through all the different BIOS sections and didn't find anything like that. Though I did find a post of someone claiming that the ability to disable USB power will be added in a future BIOS update over on the AsRock forums.

Thant's great...wait for that update. However it is only that option which can disable power after shutdown in usb.

Hello there!

I recently picked up an X370 Taichi along with my 1700. Now that I've assembled everything inside my case and set it up on my desk, I've noticed a couple of things:

1) the motherboard always supplies power to its USB ports (which in itself isn't bad but in my case I have an LED-strip connected to it and I'd like that to turn off along with my PC)

2) the lighting beneath the southbridge cooler always stays on as well   (edit: doesn't seem to be the case anymore)

I already tried enabling "deep sleep" in the BIOS and playing around with various USB power settings in Windows but so far to no effect. There aren't any apparent direct USB power options in the BIOS (say for example like on my old Gigabyte board where it would just say "Supply power to USB when shut off: disabled" or something along those lines). Of course I can simply switch off the PSU on the back of my PC to solve these "issues" but that just feels like a workaround tbh, since I'm sure that there are options for these somewhere in the BIOS. Does somebody happen to know anything else I could try out? I'll be gone at work for the day so I won't be able to try stuff out immediately, though I will be able to respond to further questions and such.

I hope somebody can help me :)

Thanks in advance!

Ryzen is pretty cool I guess

Do you have this option in BIOS: Enable power in S5 state in USB?

My Asus mobo has this option and it provides power in USB while it is off. Nothing to do with deep sleep state. Please search this option in bios or similar type of option.

12 hours ago, AniChatt said:

Do you have this option in BIOS: Enable power in S5 state in USB?

My Asus mobo has this option and it provides power in USB while it is off. Nothing to do with deep sleep state. Please search this option in bios or similar type of option.

Will do, thanks!

EDIT: I searched through all the different BIOS sections and didn't find anything like that. Though I did find a post of someone claiming that the ability to disable USB power will be added in a future BIOS update over on the AsRock forums.

Ryzen is pretty cool I guess

Th

22 hours ago, lFaust said:

Will do, thanks!

Thant's great...wait for that update. However it is only that option which can disable power after shutdown in usb.