Capture Cards?

NerdNinja
Go to solution Solved by Guest,

Captures video outputs from devices that output a video signal, to your PC so you can record that or steam it.

Pros, They can take the load off of your CPU and/or GPU so you dont lose any performance. Video is usally compressed therefore smaller files.

cons, theyre pretty expensive compared to the software. can cause problems with blue sceens,crashes and such. 

So I've heard of capture card before and I'm wondering what are they exactly? and are they worth it when there is so much software that can record/stream game play.

If it is worth getting then why? what are the pros and cons vs software? 

The year is 20XX. Everyone plays Fox at TAS levels of perfection. Because of this, the winner of a match depends solely on port priority. The RPS metagame has evolved to ridiculous levels due to it being the only remaining factor to decide matches.

Only Abate, Axe, and Wobbles can save us.

You plug the console into the card and the card into the tv and computer and you can record what's on the screen from your console.

You plug the console into the card and the card into the tv and computer and you can record what's on the screen from your console.

I think he is mostly referring to PC recording "are they worth it when there is so much software that can record/stream game play."

Captures video outputs from devices that output a video signal, to your PC so you can record that or steam it.

Pros, They can take the load off of your CPU and/or GPU so you dont lose any performance. Video is usally compressed therefore smaller files.

cons, theyre pretty expensive compared to the software. can cause problems with blue sceens,crashes and such. 

I think he is mostly referring to PC recording "are they worth it when there is so much software that can record/stream game play."

I did give the general use at least. If that's the case though, they're only worth it provided your pc cannot handle livestreaming/capturing video itself with a small hit to the frame rate.

so how can i tell that whether my pc is compatible for recording while playing games like bf4 or not ? :/

what would be the requirements?

• CPU i5 3570k - 4.0 Ghz | Motherboard Intel DZ77SL50K | RAM Corsair Vengeance 4GB 1600 BUS DDR3 4GBx1 | GPU 2x Sparkle GTX 570 OC editionCase CM 370 EliteStorage Seagate 1TB 3.5" SATA HARD DRIVE 64MB CACHEPSU Cooler Master GX series 550W (80+ bronze)Display(s) Samsung 46' series 5 TV(1080p), Dell 20' (1280x1024)Cooling 3x Corsair SP120 QUIET EDITION HIGH STATIC PRESSURE 120MM FAN TWIN PACKKeyboard DELL original default keyboardMouse A4 Tech x2 800dpi | Sound On board~!

so how can i tell that whether my pc is compatible for recording while playing games like bf4 or not ? :/

what would be the requirements?

Well as far as I know for one it would have to play the game ( witch I assume it does) and then I guess it would depend on the software you plan to use normally the website should have system requirements and if you can play bf4 I would bet that you can record. Also STORAGE!!!!! you must have enough storage especially if you end up using fraps because it takes up a ton of space. filled up my hd super fast. and I guess the last thing would be video editor if you plan to upload to Youtube or similar. I recommend Dextory for recording because of all the features and it is used by some popular youtubers. 

The year is 20XX. Everyone plays Fox at TAS levels of perfection. Because of this, the winner of a match depends solely on port priority. The RPS metagame has evolved to ridiculous levels due to it being the only remaining factor to decide matches.

Only Abate, Axe, and Wobbles can save us.

Well as far as I know for one it would have to play the game ( witch I assume it does) and then I guess it would depend on the software you plan to use normally the website should have system requirements and if you can play bf4 I would bet that you can record. Also STORAGE!!!!! you must have enough storage especially if you end up using fraps because it takes up a ton of space. filled up my hd super fast. and I guess the last thing would be video editor if you plan to upload to Youtube or similar. I recommend Dextory for recording because of all the features and it is used by some popular youtubers. 

i'll give it a try man!

• CPU i5 3570k - 4.0 Ghz | Motherboard Intel DZ77SL50K | RAM Corsair Vengeance 4GB 1600 BUS DDR3 4GBx1 | GPU 2x Sparkle GTX 570 OC editionCase CM 370 EliteStorage Seagate 1TB 3.5" SATA HARD DRIVE 64MB CACHEPSU Cooler Master GX series 550W (80+ bronze)Display(s) Samsung 46' series 5 TV(1080p), Dell 20' (1280x1024)Cooling 3x Corsair SP120 QUIET EDITION HIGH STATIC PRESSURE 120MM FAN TWIN PACKKeyboard DELL original default keyboardMouse A4 Tech x2 800dpi | Sound On board~!