Xbox One game sizes???

Jay123

My friend was telling me that COD ghosts was a 39GB download on his Xbox. How is this possible? What takes up all that space because I'm pretty sure previous COD games were <10GB on PC. Just curious.

"An Excellent Signature"

you know all that DRM 'n next gen stuff... maybe they didnt compress their textures, at all (wich still woudnt make it 40 gig but hey it treyarch why even compress that?)

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

Probably added more fish on the Xbone. Or made it 40 gigs so that it looks like a good game, kind of like the hard locked the RAM to make it seem like a "Very good looking" game, which everyone knows graphicaly COD ghosts looks horrible

Hope I could help!

Specs: CPU: AMD FX-8320 @4.0ghz GPU: ASUS DCUII GTX 770 PSU: EVGA Supernova 750g CASE: Fractal Define R4 RAM: 8 Gigabytes ADATA 1333 Mhz MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3

i know the reason

i just cant seem to find it on the net

it has something to do about uncompressing game files so they would load faster

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

you know all that DRM 'n next gen stuff... maybe they didnt compress their textures, at all (wich still woudnt make it 40 gig but hey it treyarch why even compress that?)

You do know Ghosts was made by Infinity Ward, right?

You do know Ghosts was made by Infinity Ward, right?

yes, what does that have to do with DRM/compressed textures?

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

4k textures. And the game still looks like s***.

Every 60 seconds in Africa...

A minute passes.

yes, what does that have to do with DRM/compressed textures?

Reread this then

Reread this then

ow, now i see, but they are equally bad...

ow, now i see, but they are equally bad...

Treyarch made a relatively decent game with an at least acceptable PC port. Infinity Ward made a terrible game with a terrible PC port. Treyarch tried to change things in their game to freshen the franchise up a little - Infinity Ward said 'fuck that' and reverted all of their changes to make the game identical yet again to Modern Warfare 1, 2 and 3.

One is most definitely much worse than the other at this point. An interesting reversal of positions compared to a few years ago.

"Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted
Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials | Members of Staff

Treyarch made a relatively decent game with an at least acceptable PC port. Infinity Ward made a terrible game with a terrible PC port. Treyarch tried to change things in their game to freshen the franchise up a little - Infinity Ward said 'fuck that' and reverted all of their changes to make the game identical yet again to Modern Warfare 1, 2 and 3.

One is most definitely much worse than the other at this point. An interesting reversal of positions compared to a few years ago.

i dont follow cod so for me, they're equally bad. MW1-MW2 are the best (does include waw)

i dont follow cod so for me, they're equally bad. MW1-MW2 are the best (does include waw)

I agree. Back then, Infinity Ward were the more respectable company of the two. Nowadays however things are quite different - Infinity Ward is a shadow of its former shelf. Treyarch on the other hand seem to becoming more and more competent with every game they work on.

As Linus said, there are probably 30Gb of dog textures. 

Oneplus 6 | Sony 55" X900F . Lenovo Y540 17" 144Hz RTX 2060 . i7 9750h. 

Audio-GD DAC-19MK3 > Schiit Lyr 2 + > FOSTEX TH900 . Sony XBA-Z5

I agree. Back then, Infinity Ward were the more respectable company of the two. Nowadays however things are quite different - Infinity Ward is a shadow of its former shelf. Treyarch on the other hand seem to becoming more and more competent with every game they work on.

In fairness, the real spearhead of IW left after mw2, which explains that somewhat. It's as if they've been told to remake the old ones out of spite to the folks who left, and because, let's face it here, they're making oceans of money re-releasing the same basic engine. 

Also, Treyarch aren't nearly as bad. Black ops one was a quality game, and they patched it super regularly to make sure it never got hacked and whatnot. Was a top notch game.

AMD 8350 // 8 GB Corsair Ram // PNY 780 Ti // Asus 1080p Monitor // Antec 120mm AIO // CM Quickfire TK w/ Custom Caps  // RAT 5 mouse // Audio Technica m50x // Behringer 4-line + Line6 8-line Audio Interfaces

In fairness, the real spearhead of IW left after mw2, which explains that somewhat. It's as if they've been told to remake the old ones out of spite to the folks who left, and because, let's face it here, they're making oceans of money re-releasing the same basic engine. 

Also, Treyarch aren't nearly as bad. Black ops one was a quality game, and they patched it super regularly to make sure it never got hacked and whatnot. Was a top notch game.

Agreed.

I didn't buy Black Ops. After trying it out for a few hours at a friend's I came away with several impressions: their attempts at fixing the balance issue in MW2 resulted in bland and boring gameplay, the new weapon camos looked utterly retarded beyond belief and the campaign was as uninteresting as World at War. The only thing I enjoyed was the new gamemode where you start off with a pistol and with each kill or so you upgrade to a more powerful one. But the maps I played it on were awful.

Last one I bought was Modern Warfare 2. 

Agreed.

I didn't buy Black Ops. After trying it out for a few hours at a friend's I came away with several impressions: their attempts at fixing the balance issue in MW2 resulted in bland and boring gameplay, the new weapon camos looked utterly retarded beyond belief and the campaign was as uninteresting as World at War. The only thing I enjoyed was the new gamemode where you start off with a pistol and with each kill or so you upgrade to a more powerful one. But the maps I played it on were awful.

Last one I bought was Modern Warfare 2. 

I don't personally think it made for bland gameplay, quite the opposite in fact that each weapon had its strengths and suited a different kind of gameplay. Yeha the weapon camo and the whole 'look' thing they added seemed like a bit of an afternote, but at least they tried something that was slightly different. Yers the campaign was absolute tripe, it all seemed pretty pointless from where i was sitting.

AMD 8350 // 8 GB Corsair Ram // PNY 780 Ti // Asus 1080p Monitor // Antec 120mm AIO // CM Quickfire TK w/ Custom Caps  // RAT 5 mouse // Audio Technica m50x // Behringer 4-line + Line6 8-line Audio Interfaces

• 2 weeks later...

The last COD I have ever owned was COD2, on PC. Have played mulit-player COD4, WaW zombies and Black-Ops on a friends console, but otherwise I have no interest in the series at all.

"Donny you're out of your element!"

"Smokey, this is not 'Nam. This is bowling. There are rules."