Can I use 2 1050ti together

Couzinz Gaming
Go to solution Solved by Moress,

No, without proper SLI support or a bridge the 1050ti will not sli for games. IIRC the multi-gpu support should be refering to two+ being able to work together for CUDA/GPU accelerated workloads (think 3D modeling). 

Right away sorry if this is a dumb question

I recently purchased a MSI afterburner gtx 1050ti. I put it in my rig (replacing a 750 which was not exactly fantastic.) and it worked fine. After looking at the box it was in I saw a little thing on the back that. "Multi GPU mode supported." Well I know that only 1070s and up are SLI capable, and I couldn't find a spot on the card for a bridge so I am confused. And I think that 2 1050tiS will out perform a 1060 that costs more than the 2 1050tiS combined so it would be great if it did. Thanks for helping me, I don't want to buy another gpu and have in not work

nope no sli support

I like to kill hardware. In 2016 alone I have killed 20 Xeon 5160, and 10+ Pentium 4. 

No, without proper SLI support or a bridge the 1050ti will not sli for games. IIRC the multi-gpu support should be refering to two+ being able to work together for CUDA/GPU accelerated workloads (think 3D modeling). 

CPU: I5 4590 Motherboard: ASROCK H97 Pro4 Ram: XPG 16gb v2.0 4x4 kit  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 PSU: EVGA 550w Supernova G2 Storage: 128 gb Sandisk SSD + 525gb Mx300 SSD Cooling: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock LP Case: Zalman T2 Sound: Logitech Z506 5.1 Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma Keyboard: DBPower LED

No SLI, but there are other ways to use GPU cooperatively (There is a feature in DX12 for this, most games wont have support though, or rendering where SLI isnt needed). 

Please quote our replys so we get a notification and can reply easily. Never cheap out on a PSU, or I will come to watch the fireworks. 

PSU Tier List

My specs

Spoiler

PC:

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K @4.8GHz
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S 
Motherboard:  ASUS Maximus VIII Hero 
GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme 1070 @ 2114Mhz
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB
Case: Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 
Power Supply: EVGA 750W G2

Peripherals 

Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Browns
Mouse: Logitech G502 
Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Revolver 

Monitor: U2713M @ 75Hz

This video is a fairly good reference that might help with your confusion.

The Potato Box:

AMD 5950X

EVGA K|NGP|N 3090

128GB 3600 CL16 RAM

The Scrapyard Warrior:

AMD 3950x

EVGA FTW3 2080Ti

64GB 3200 CL16 RAM

You cannot connect two 1050 Ti's together via SLI. While the box is probably referencing DirectX 12's "Multi-GPU Modes", it is not supported on practically any games.

But, in general, you're always going to better off with one stronger GPU rather than two weaker ones.

The Potato Box:

AMD 5950X

EVGA K|NGP|N 3090

128GB 3600 CL16 RAM

The Scrapyard Warrior:

AMD 3950x

EVGA FTW3 2080Ti

64GB 3200 CL16 RAM

Well I use my computer for work in 3D modeling (Autodesk Maya), and if it would help with that that would be fantastic 

12 minutes ago, Couzinz Gaming said:

Well I use my computer for work in 3D modeling (Autodesk Maya), and if it would help with that that would be fantastic 

Only if the programs are coded to support that.

The Potato Box:

AMD 5950X

EVGA K|NGP|N 3090

128GB 3600 CL16 RAM

The Scrapyard Warrior:

AMD 3950x

EVGA FTW3 2080Ti

64GB 3200 CL16 RAM

18 minutes ago, Couzinz Gaming said:

Then why does it say Multi gpu mode supported

14 minutes ago, Couzinz Gaming said:

This is what it helps with, autodesk gobbles up as many GPUs you thow at it (rendering specifically)

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

1 minute ago, Damascus said:

This is what it helps with, autodesk gobbles up as many GPUs you thow at it (rendering specifically)

i guess this is where a 2nd gpu can make a real difference.

you can also select wich card the nvidia driver should use for physx - both, only one of them, none of them (CPU only)

... you could try to have one card only do the graphics and the other one do physx and see if that improves anything.

of course this only affects a hand full of games that actually use nvidia physx 

Just now, KenjiUmino said:

i guess this is where a 2nd gpu can make a real difference.

Yup, depending on the software you can get 100% scaling

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

Even a very high end CPU can beat out 2 1050tis when rendering. But yes, it's a lot better to render with multiple GPUs, it should work depending on software.

I love computers, electronics, audio equipment, games, art (digital/traditional), and programming.

Ryzen 1800x | GTX 1080 SLI | 32GB RAM | 3x 1440p 165hz Gsync  | Alienware R4 17": i7 6700HQ | GTX 1070 Mobile | 32GB RAM | 1440p 120hz Gsync  |  DIY 5.1, DIY 2.1, ATH CKR10

i7 4790k, GTX 970 SLI, EVGA SuperNOVA 850 P2, EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G1, Asus Mx239h ,Logitech G900, Logitech G910, Logitech G930, iPhone 6s Plus, iPad 2, MacBook Pro Retina 15" etc.

heres a tip... maybe look at reviews on youtube, they fiddle with the card at all angles.. and do most of the talking for you of the card upside to the down so you have to worry less.

but in all summary, no they dont have sli support... for sli support you need higher cards.

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K | Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX Z270H | Graphics Card: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1080 Ti OCEdition | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 3000MHz |Storage: 1 x Samsung 830 EVO Series 250GB | 1 x Samsung 960 PRO Series 512GB | 1 x Western Digital Blue 1TB | 1 x Western Digital Blue 4TB | PSU: Corsair RM750x 750W 80+ Gold Power Supply | Case: Cooler Master MasterCase 5 Pro |

Cooling: Corsair H100i v2 // 4x Corsair ML140 RED Fans // 2x Corsair ML120 RED Fans 
---

Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q 1440p 165Hz IPS G-Sync | Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Red LED, Cherry MX Brown Switches | Mouse: Corsair Glaive RGB | Speakers: Logitech Z623 THX Certified Speakers