Memtest destoyed my life(USB)

drkknghtavngr

I used memtest 3 days ago coz my pc has been acting up when i play DX11 games, I cant find any fix so I decided Id just reinstall windows hopefully it will work. The BIOS wont boot to my usb no matter what, and my TVs also cant recognize my usb, that being said, it works normally when transferring files from pc to pc... I think messed it up after tinkering on Command Prompt trying to recover the space I lost from memtest... How do I revert my usb to its defaults??? halp pls

I had similar in past. I think I had to use 3rd party tool to reset the format but can't recall which one. Debating buying a bunch of cheap small drives just for things like this.

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

CMD

diskpart

list disk

select disk (number of the USB disk) DON'T SELECT THE WRONG NUMBER!!!!!

clean

now you should be able to format it the easy way and use it

2 minutes ago, WereCat said:

CMD

diskpart

list disk

select disk (number of the USB disk)

clean

now you should be able to format it the easy way and use it

yeah thats what i did! But Tv wont recognize it and i cant use it as boot drive anymore! I might just buy a new one :(

1 minute ago, drkknghtavngr said:

yeah thats what i did! But Tv wont recognize it and i cant use it as boot drive anymore! I might just buy a new one :(

You still need to format it....

Do that CMD thing then click START, type in DISK MANAGEMENT, find the USB, give it a letter and format it to FAT32.

2 minutes ago, WereCat said:

You still need to format it....

Do that CMD thing then click START, type in DISK MANAGEMENT, find the USB, give it a letter and format it to FAT32.

already did that too ;(

Aight heres the plan guys, Ill reinstall memtest again on my usb and hopefully it boots up this time on the USB, then Ill use the imageusb that memtest has to restore it to normal, hopefully it works!

Holy shit it worked! I cant believe it! THanks FOr the sUpport guys!