8350 bottlenecking 1060?

Not really, great choice, but getting a Ryzen at that price is an even better choice, make some compromises for it.

Just now, Vespertine said:

Not really, great choice, but getting a Ryzen at that price is an even better choice, make some compromises for it.

"i have recently created my first pc!"

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Have you built the PC, or is this just a plan?

Just now, Vespertine said:

will do! will probably be switching to ryzen in the next year or so because i will be oc ing the cpu very soon :)

1 minute ago, LeinadTM said:

Have you built the PC, or is this just a plan?

already built!

an 8350 is a poor choice by today's standards and has been for the last like 3 years, it wasnt the worst of cpus, just very power hungry and sucked for gaming.

Yes there will be quite some bottlenecking with that 8350, you can overclock the CPU(if the motherboard is decent) to eliviate it a bit at least 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Just now, SenKyy said:

already built!

have you literally just built this pc?

because now when you get ryzen you have to get new ram and a new motherboard also.

Just now, Bananasplit_00 said:

Yes there will be quite some bottlenecking with that 8350, you can overclock the CPU(if the motherboard is decent) to eliviate it a bit at least 

its not insane amounts, jayztwocents did a video on it.

Just now, MrJarhead said:

have you literally just built this pc?

because now when you get ryzen you have to get new ram and a new motherboard also.

yup!

Just now, MrJarhead said:

its not insane amounts, jayztwocents did a video on it.

alright. i mean im playing 1080p overwatch at 70fps and 60 streaming so im ok with it but was wondering how much more i could get if i went the ryzen way instead

Would a little, not that I would have bought the 3GB 1060. 

Please quote our replys so we get a notification and can reply easily. Never cheap out on a PSU, or I will come to watch the fireworks. 

PSU Tier List

My specs

Spoiler

PC:

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K @4.8GHz
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S 
Motherboard:  ASUS Maximus VIII Hero 
GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme 1070 @ 2114Mhz
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB
Case: Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 
Power Supply: EVGA 750W G2

Peripherals 

Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Browns
Mouse: Logitech G502 
Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Revolver 

Monitor: U2713M @ 75Hz

Ok, well, the bottleneck wouldn't be too bad. Although I would recommend an upgrade at some point in the next 1-2 years.

Don't go and upgrade to Ryzen right now when you've just built, though. The performance won't be a MASSIVE difference.

Just now, SenKyy said:

alright. i mean im playing 1080p overwatch at 70fps and 60 streaming so im ok with it but was wondering how much more i could get if i went the ryzen way instead

streaming wise ryzen will be much much better, your 8350 will start to show some serious bottleneck from a 1070 upwards, it already bottlenecks now.

3 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

Not really, considering it is on par with an i3 it should be fine.

1 minute ago, rn8686 said:

Would a little, not that I would have bought the 3GB 1060. 

oh alright

Just now, SenKyy said:

70fps in Overwatch is less then I'm getting with the 970 at stock speeds (iirc, have played it in quite a while) 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

1 minute ago, Vespertine said:

Not really, considering it is on par with an i3 it should be fine.

He is getting less performance then my 970 + I5 4690K did even at stock speeds. 

Builds:

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, LeinadTM said:

Don't go and upgrade to Ryzen right now when you've just built, though. The performance won't be a MASSIVE difference.

of course there is, brah, an 8350 was pretty much on par with like a 2nd gen i3 gaming wise.

the ryzen 1600 is better than 7th gen i7s in multitasking at a much better price and not insanely far off gaming.

Just now, LeinadTM said:

yeah i was running on a lenovo y70 laptop so this is a MASSIVE inprovement. i do see now that i will have to  upgrade parts in a few years where as if i took my time and looked through more. probably could have saved me a lot more money in the future. oh well.

1 minute ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

70fps in Overwatch is less then I'm getting with the 970 at stock speeds (iirc, have played it in quite a while) 

yes but streaming at the same time?

1 minute ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

He is getting less performance then my 970 + I5 4690K did even at stock speeds. 

Says who?