8350 bottlenecking 1060?

38 minutes ago, Vespertine said:

Honestly, don't listen to people here, it won't bottleneck, period.

Yes. It will. And its expected since the FX 8350 is a 5-6 year old CPU which was never that good for gaming to begin with.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

1 hour ago, MrJarhead said:

yes but streaming at the same time?

He got 70 when not, which is less then I got when not. Streaming also hasn't tended to decrease my FPS majorly either but I haven't streamed when my CPU has been at stock speeds. 

1 hour ago, Vespertine said:

Says who?

The OP claimed 70fps, which is less then what I was seeing with a worse gpu. 

Honestly, don't listen to people here, it won't bottleneck, period.

Overwatch uses 4 threads max Iirc which would make the FX 8350 one of the litteraly worst pics for a CPU to play it. But OP is using it as a cheap stram machine which is one of the few acceptable uses of it. 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Is it 2017? What does that change? Optimisation of games? My CPU is an 8350 with an R9 290X, and the performance of it is very satisfactory at 1080p, although I don't play many CPU bound games, the GTX 1060 will surely hold up well.

It bottlenecks that card too lol. 

1 hour ago, SenKyy said:

unfortunately yes, I did have a "expert pc buiilder" help me and said " 8350 and 1060 3gb is perfecto "

seeing now that ryzen is not the same as amd after he kinda explained that "ryzen is making moves so buy this 3 year old cpu" and I wasnt too educated at that point that I should have gotten ryzen instead.

You probably shouldn't trust that guy when it comes to computer parts anymore lol. 

Who cares, I don't compare my 8350 to other CPUs with my R9 card, the performance is completely fine, the performance is probably what you would expect from a GTX 1060 at 1080p anyway.

It's clearly not, you would expect more then 70fps in Overwatch at 1080p.

Don't worry 'bout that mate, it will last a year or two before needing to be upgraded, I mean, C2Qs are still usable with a 750 Ti (1080p) in 2017, right?

Please go educate yourself some more man... The 750ti isn't good, can it play AAA games at 1080p? Yes, at low maybe. The C2Q cpus are fine if you don't want more then low settings 1080p or you play light titles like Paladins but anything physics intensive and they die along the FX 8350.

1 hour ago, MrJarhead said:

it will last 1 or 2 years xD the 8350 has been outdated for years already, please.

In some ways it will actually get better, like comparing it to the 2600K it's almost getting there in some ways where the threads can be used. And that's likely to increase a bit as multi core optimization gets better. 

Nope, not at all, even Phenoms and Athlon X4s can still be used for a decent 1080p experience in 2017.

This FX has less single core performance then those CPUs lol. 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Haven't bothered to read the comments but the easiest way to tell if it is getting bottlenecked is to play your game and have GPU-Z open and keep in eye on GPU usage if it drops below 95% often more importantly if its at 80% or something you ARE bottlenecking your GPU. 

Now i can say with confidence even at 4.5Ghz a 8350 will bottleneck a 580/1060 just cause you are getting acceptable frame rates doesn't mean you aren't bottlenecking your GPU. 

Now to make this more important if lets say your GPU usage is at 70% most of the time that means your card is performing at only 70% usage meaning a card 30% slower would perform the same on your setup. 

8350 fans don't want to admit it but anything higher then a 1050Ti will see GPU usage drop in many games the 8350 IPC is terrible and at times even lower then a Phenom II x6 i know i used to own them now own ryzen. 

To the user who claimed you can get decent 1080P performance from a Phenom II you must have a separate definition of decent. If 30-45FPS or lower on a modern GPU is considered decent to you then you must explain that. 

In terms of hardware and simply math it is bottlenecking the GPU now if that means its bottlenecking your personal experience that is another topic.

Personally i want to get the most out of my hardware but that is me. Others are happy with anything above 30fps. I actually used to be that way when i first started building PC's. Now yeah i want more and at the very least a 60fps experience.  

14 hours ago, jdwii said:

To the user who claimed you can get decent 1080P performance from a Phenom II you must have a separate definition of decent. If 30-45FPS or lower on a modern GPU is considered decent to you then you must explain that. 

In terms of hardware and simply math it is bottlenecking the GPU now if that means its bottlenecking your personal experience that is another topic.

Personally i want to get the most out of my hardware but that is me. Others are happy with anything above 30fps. I actually used to be that way when i first started building PC's. Now yeah i want more and at the very least a 60fps experience.  

just realized i had a cap on my fps! aren't i dumb lol. now without it im getting about 150 fps on overwatch!

21 hours ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

He got 70 when not, which is less then I got when not. Streaming also hasn't tended to decrease my FPS majorly either but I haven't streamed when my CPU has been at stock speeds. 

The OP claimed 70fps, which is less then what I was seeing with a worse gpu. 

Overwatch uses 4 threads max Iirc which would make the FX 8350 one of the litteraly worst pics for a CPU to play it. But OP is using it as a cheap stram machine which is one of the few acceptable uses of it. 

yes! will be streaming a lot on it! mostly after effects work will be streamed but for gaming wise i realized i had a fps cap on overwatch and now im getting about 150 fps! thanks for the feedback :D

51 minutes ago, SenKyy said:

yes! will be streaming a lot on it! mostly after effects work will be streamed but for gaming wise i realized i had a fps cap on overwatch and now im getting about 150 fps! thanks for the feedback :D

Well then the bottlenecking isn't that bad. It's still there but it seems fine for Overwatch 

Builds:

Spoiler

9 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

Well then the bottlenecking isn't that bad. It's still there but it seems fine for Overwatch 

yup yup. should be fine for now though.

FX series processors are surely enough for overwatch lol