Astro A40 (without mix amp) with Xonar essence stx

MikeDev
Go to solution Solved by MayflowerElectronics,

Im still not sure what to buy. Im looking for a setup that will offer good/great positional audio for gaming and for music.

Dt 990 and an amp or ad700x.

What are your thoughts guys. 

Im looking to play games and music. 300 budget.

hmm, what head phone and mic would you recommend below 300?

You don't need to make another post.

<_<

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

hmm, what head phone and mic would you recommend below 300?

Did you even read the comments on your other post?

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

Im still not sure what to buy. Im looking for a setup that will offer good/great positional audio for gaming and for music. 

Dt 990 and an amp or ad700x.

just a noob question, would these headphones with a sound card offer good positional audio?

just a noob question, would these headphones with a sound card offer good positional audio?

the headphones will, but I'd skip the sound card.

Will work for electronic components and parts

Reviews: Meelec CC51P - Monoprice 8323 - Koss Porta Pros  - Shure SRH-440 - Shure SRH-550DJShure SRH-840 - Hifiman He-500 - iBasso D4 - o2 Amplifier  -  SkeletonDac

then you need to get the astro a40 with mixamp because it sends 7.1 virtual surround to the headset.

current rig (march 2023)

case: Corsair obsidian 750D   mobo: Gigabyte X470 Aorus Ultra Gaming   cpu: AMD Ryzen 7 5800x   cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240   memory: G.skill 32GB DDR4-3000   gpu: EVGA RTX 3070 XC3  PSU: seasonic X-series 850W

then you need to get the astro a40 with mixamp because it sends 7.1 virtual surround to the headset.

Nope, you can download razer surround which does exactly the same thing. Grab one of the headphones that Mayflower suggested or even a pair of 558 if Sens are cheap where you are.