HP Omen 15

I was wondering if I should buy the HP Omen 15-Ax209nf, specs are good with the Kabe Lake i7 7700 HQ,  GTX 1050 Ti  and SSD 256 Go PCIe NVMe M.2 for only 1200 € ( in France ) but it seems to be too sweet to be true , so did you have any feedback on this device or any advise I could get ? ( Sorry for the English ! )

HP-Omen-15-ax209nf-1.jpg

HP-Omen-15-ax209nf-3.jpg

Important things to also look at in a laptop are imo touchpad (and keyboard to some extent), Screen, battery life and weight (the last two are not as important for gaming laptops though). Have you researched what those are like yet?

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

10 minutes ago, JawadNaciri said:

I was wondering if I should buy the HP Omen 15-Ax209nf, specs are good with the Kabe Lake i7 7700 HQ,  GTX 1050 Ti  and SSD 256 Go PCIe NVMe M.2 for only 1200 € ( in France ) but it seems to be too sweet to be true , so did you have any feedback on this device or any advise I could get ? ( Sorry for the English ! )

HP-Omen-15-ax209nf-1.jpg

HP-Omen-15-ax209nf-3.jpg

Long time ago I was bout to buy it but its overpriced imo You can get urself a swag PC setup with that money

12 minutes ago, JawadNaciri said:

IMO your only concern should be thermals as the laptop is quite thin.

CPU: Ryzen 7 2700x, Cooling: Corsair H100i Platinum AIO MOBO: Asus Strix B450 F GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 Founders Edition + Arctic Accelero Xtreme III RAM: 2x8GB ThermalTake ToughRAM White 3200MHz PSU: Corsair RM850x White Storage: 250GB Samsung 970 Evo NVMe CASE: Corsair 275r Airflow White OTHER: White and Orange Cable Extensions ---- MONITOR: Samsung LC32JG5 32" WQHD 1440p VA 144Hz

30 minutes ago, TheNamesDoge said:

Long time ago I was bout to buy it but its overpriced imo You can get urself a swag PC setup with that money

you can get a laptop with a 1060 6GB for that amount check out LTT's newest video

10 hours ago, JawadNaciri said:

HP-Omen-15-ax209nf-1.jpg

HP-Omen-15-ax209nf-3.jpg

I have the skylake version of this one with GTX 965m card. It's pretty dope mechine. Thin, cool and quiet under normal conditions. While gaming lil bit loud. But obviously you will use headphones while gaming. Battery life not so good but okay. You will use this wired while gaming. Screen is the bad thing. Better you can go for 4K screen it will only be $90. Performance is solid. Build quality is okay if you're not traveling frequently. 

But you can get a pretty awesome laptop only for $1100 with GTX 1060. Acer Predator Helios 300. But the bummer is you have to buy a 2.5" HDD separately. Still its worth. I'm also gonna upgrade for that. I'm a omen's fan tho. Checkout the Linus' latest video. He reviewed it recently. And also HP omen has released new HP OMEN design with thunderbolt 3. You can check out that as well. But it will be lil pricey. 

Omen has a bad reputation of cheap build quality

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128