4-way SLI & CPU Block + Rads, How many D5s in what configuration?

Go to solution Solved by W-L,
1 minute ago, For Science! said:

Need to tap into the knowledge of the old timers, I know 4-way SLI is not a thing now, but we scientists have our reasons to do so.

Has anybody done a loop with 4 GPU blocks and 1 CPU monoblock + lots of rads?

Is it even possible to have it in a single loop? Can you get away with 2x D5s in serial? or perhaps 4x D5s in serial......

Or must it be a dual-loop? This feels a little bit inefficient because the tradiational way to split will be 4x GPU and the CPU, where the GPU loop will still be restrictive AF. On the other hand setting up a loop with 3x GPU and 1xGPU+CPU sounds a bit annoying to route.

You should be good with a single D5 still but running at high speed, for silence dual D5 in series would provide enough pressure even when on low. 

Dual loop are more for aesthetics than performance since you distribute the heat throughout all the possible rad space in the loop in a single large loop. 

Need to tap into the knowledge of the old timers, I know 4-way SLI is not a thing now, but we scientists have our reasons to do so.

Is it even possible to have it in a single loop? Can you get away with 2x D5s in serial? or perhaps 4x D5s in serial......

Or must it be a dual-loop? This feels a little bit inefficient because the tradiational way to split will be 4x GPU and the CPU, where the GPU loop will still be restrictive AF. On the other hand setting up a loop with 3x GPU and 1xGPU+CPU sounds a bit annoying to route.

1 minute ago, For Science! said:

You should be good with a single D5 still but running at high speed, for silence dual D5 in series would provide enough pressure even when on low. 

Dual loop are more for aesthetics than performance since you distribute the heat throughout all the possible rad space in the loop in a single large loop. 

11 minutes ago, For Science! said:

One pump would do it, although slower flow rate will heat up more, usually this isn't an issue, but if you need to cool 4 GPUs in series it could be, adding 2°C for each block to the water means the last card would run a little hotter, however this just means the rads will work more efficiently. If you want run the CPU in series with the GPU assembly, but have each GPU block in parallel. You'll need a decent amount of radiator space too, depending on overclock or not, and type. 2x 480mm rads should work pretty good. 

Yours faithfully

D5 is powerful enough.

Image result for 4 gpu watercooling

You can also put GPUs in parallel to reduce flow restriction.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

1 hour ago, Enderman said:

D5 is powerful enough.

Image result for 4 gpu watercooling

You can also put GPUs in parallel to reduce flow restriction.

I know i'm COMPLETLEY off topic, but what color is the water in your loop, iv'e been looking for a blood red color like that and i want to know who makes it.

26 minutes ago, Microsoft Master said:

I know i'm COMPLETLEY off topic, but what color is the water in your loop, iv'e been looking for a blood red color like that and i want to know who makes it.

Lol that's not my loop, that a picture from google images.

Mayhems makes the best coolants.

Image result for mayhems red x1

This is mayhems X1 blood red.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Just now, Enderman said:

Lol that's not my loop, that a picture from google images.

Mayhems makes the best coolants.

Image result for mayhems red x1

This is mayhems X1 blood red.

lol with 10k subs i thought you might have this

Just now, Microsoft Master said:

lol with 10k subs i thought you might have this

I wish :P

Some day I might.

Spoiler

Just now, Microsoft Master said:

I wish you luck with your channel

Thanks man.

Spoiler