Ryzen 3200Mhz ram

Hi, 

I'm currently running a ryzen 7 1700X at 3.9Ghz on my asrock fatal1ty x370 gaming k4. I just got some new ram, 16Gb of ram (2x8) Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200Mhz. 

I just updated my motherboard to the latest BIOS. I'm still having trouble actually getting to 3200Mhz on my ram. Sometimes my system loads up, and sometimes it doesn't.

Since I'm new to ram OC, i'm not too sure about the settings in the BIOS. I just turned on XMP and left the default timings (16-18-18-something i believe).

Question: are there better settings for the ram that would make it stable? Or just I just lower the ram speed? 

Thanks

I'm also stuck with 2933MHz ... 3200MHz is a no go for me.

Then again, I don't think I would see any huge differences between 3200MHz and my current 2933.

Keep in mind that I can run 2933MHz at CL14, while 3200MHz would need to be CL16 at least.

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB

So even the latest BIOS updates couldn't completely fix the ram issue? 

3 minutes ago, MushroomCake28 said:

Worked for me. My kit was stuck at 2993 without bclk overclocking and now does 3200mhz flawlessly.

4 minutes ago, Mooshi said:

Worked for me. My kit was stuck at 2993 without bclk overclocking and now does 3200mhz flawlessly.

With the same motherboard and Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200Mhz? Did you just set it to XMP without tweaking anything else?

5 minutes ago, MushroomCake28 said:

Not for me ... used agesa 1.0.0.6 BIOS update and my LPX 3200MHz ram kit still won't run at that frequency.

And it might not be just about BIOS, but IMC in your CPU ... I was told that it's bad and that's why we can't have high speed RAMs working.

Just now, Mooshi said:

great to hear, that at least some people can run it at 3200MHz xD

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB

I am not 100% sure how it is on your motherboard but on Asrock Taichi the secondary timings are totally messed up which makes the RAM unstable, I would suggest you check these videos.

I am currently running 2133 with my 1600. 2933 is stable but post times are very long and sometimes wont even post at all. 2133 post times are lightning fast for me.

9 minutes ago, MushroomCake28 said:

With the same motherboard and Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200Mhz? Did you just set it to XMP without tweaking anything else?

Specs in sig. I was shocked I dropped so much on this ram, but  there were a lot of initial issues with Ryzen and it was a safe bet. I THINK I increased voltage by .5, but I don't remember. It's running off the XMP profile.

9 minutes ago, Simon771 said:

great to hear, that at least some people can run it at 3200MHz xD

Yeah, it was a mini victory for me lolol I hope the 2nd gen Ryzen will iron these problems out for good.

Edit: Proofy proofs

bc83c117f8.png

5 minutes ago, Mooshi said:

Specs in sig. I was shocked I dropped so much on this ram, but  there were a lot of initial issues with Ryzen and it was a safe bet. I THINK I increased voltage by .5, but I don't remember. It's running off the XMP profile.

Yeah, it was a mini victory for me lolol I hope the 2nd gen Ryzen will iron these problems out for good.

Yeah I'm also hoping on some decent improvements on Zen2. I hope they will produce better IMC on the CPU, and somehow make it able to OC over 4,5GHz.

WD My Cloud 4TB