Professional Microphones on Console?

APrimaL

Hey guys, Im a console gamer, twitch streamer and a cinematographer. I'am looking for the best microphone to use for all of the things I do. I was wondering if its possible to use a blue yeti microphone on an Xbox One S. I have done a lot of research but haven't found any answers. If the blue yeti mic doesn't work on xbox what is the best sounding microphone that I can use for Gaming/Streams/Commentaries? Thanks 

Record audio on a PC and edit it in post.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I want to be able to use the Blue Yeti for Recording/Streaming AND to have it be able to work in an xbox live party, is that possible? Thx for the quick response @Enderman

7 minutes ago, APrimaL said:

I want to be able to use the Blue Yeti for Recording/Streaming AND to have it be able to work in an xbox live party, is that possible? Thx for the quick response @Enderman

Hmm I don't think so.

What you can do though is route your headphone audio output and split it between your headphones and your PC, so that the PC can also record the voice of all your friends as well as the game.

Then in post you combine the video + your mic recording + your game and friend audio.

Unless you use a 3.5mm type microphone you won't be able to use the same mic for the PC and xbox.

If you want good audio you will need to use USB or XLR, not 3.5mm.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

• 3 weeks later...

Get a condenser mic for recording and a dynamic mic for live broadcasting, unless you play in a soundproofed and dead silent room or you buy a high-end dynamic mic like Shure SM7B. Condenser mics are highly sensitive to background noise.

Unless you need the features of the Yeti, get Audio-Technica AT2020 USB or Rode NT-USB for better audio quality.