playstation 3 slim short-circuit

I've had my playstation 3 slim over 2 to 3 years and I've always had the same tv-setup.

Recently I get a short-circuit/electrical breakdown whenever the ps3 is plugged into the outlet.

Does any one know what my problem is?

It's internal but check the power cord

Im mostly on discord now and you can find me on my profile

My Build: Xeon 2630L V, RX 560 2gb, 8gb ddr4 1866, EVGA 450BV 

My Laptop #1: i3-5020U, 8gb of DDR3, Intel HD 5500

could be power cord, if its interchangeable try using a different cord. is it an earthed plug?

if nothing looks wrong from the outside and you don't have any experience with fixing electronics than i would advice to go to someone or some company that does have that experience. you can try blowing the dust out of it or something but further than that i wouldn't advice you to go. if you want to go further than know that its easy to make mistakes and destroy something if you don't know what you're doing. so what you could do is disassemble it completely and look for damage, it would probably look like charring since short circuits can be pretty violent. sometimes its just dust causing too much leakage, in that case cleaning it could be enough so do that while you're at it, not with water of course.

here is a disassembly guide:

3 minutes ago, OKgamez said:

Does any one know what my problem is?

a dead PS3 i'd say. :)

but seriously ... what does it do? does it trip the breakers when you plug it in?

check the power cable. try a new cable. if the breakers still trip with a new cable, don't plug it in again because there might be something wrong with the power supply that could be a potential hazard.

RMA it if you still have any chance to do so. if not, take it to a professional for repair.

Just now, KenjiUmino said:

a dead PS3 i'd say. :)

but seriously ... what does it do? does it trip the breakers when you plug it in?

check the power cable. try a new cable. if the breakers still trip with a new cable, don't plug it in again because there might be something wrong with the power supply that could be a potential hazard.

RMA it if you still have any chance to do so. if not, take it to a professional for repair.

1 minute ago, tlink said:

could be power cord, if its interchangeable try using a different cord. is it an earthed plug?

if nothing looks wrong from the outside and you don't have any experience with fixing electronics than i would advice to go to someone or some company that does have that experience. you can try blowing the dust out of it or something but further than that i wouldn't advice you to go. if you want to go further than know that its easy to make mistakes and destroy something if you don't know what you're doing. so what you could do is disassemble it completely and look for damage, it would probably look like charring since short circuits can be pretty violent. sometimes its just dust causing too much leakage, in that case cleaning it could be enough so do that while you're at it, not with water of course.

I've checked the power cord I can't seem to find anything wrong.

I will try a different power cable, I think I have one left.

1 minute ago, OKgamez said:

I've checked the power cord I can't seem to find anything wrong.

I will try a different power cable, I think I have one left.

Ok try it but USB the breaker flipping when you plug it in? (All lights turn off in that room)

3 minutes ago, Billy_Mays said:

Ok try it but USB the breaker flipping when you plug it in? (All lights turn off in that room)

I've tried a different cable, yes the braker flips when I plug it in.

2 minutes ago, OKgamez said:

does the playstation try to go on instantly or does it put itself in standby? have you tried a different socket/applience to confirm it isn't the socket itself causing a short circuit?

11 minutes ago, tlink said:

does the playstation try to go on instantly or does it put itself in standby? have you tried a different socket/applience to confirm it isn't the socket itself causing a short circuit?

My playstatin go's instantly

11 minutes ago, OKgamez said:

Check outlet inside of it and get a electrition to do the final check up but HAVE A GROUND