Accounting software in US + CA

Flashie
Go to solution Solved by SCHISCHKA,

Sage & SAP are quite popular internationally.

USA is more diverse than other countries in accounting software.

What you will find is industry preferences bundled with CRM and ERP solutions. For example in agriculture and manufacturing I see a lot of SAP products.

Hello

Just like to find out from you bunch. Considering that I'm doing a tonne of Accounting studies right now toward a specific software used throughout my country; I'd like to know what is used internationally - as its highly likely I'm to immigrate in the short-to-mid term future.
Here across South Africa we use a software called Sage Pastel which requires some form of Accounting education before use.

What is the most-used accounting software over in America and Canada? (Not Freshbooks; I'm talking about the more behind the scenes than that for the average consumer/business owner)

excell as most can build their own tables and in the usa every town has different tax rates so its difficult to build just one app

1 minute ago, bcguru9384 said:

excell as most can build their own tables and in the usa every town has different tax rates so its difficult to build just one app

Every town? Wouldn't there be something that would more popularly used in a single state than another rather? I've done bookkeeping for rental-management through means of a robust excel spreadsheet before; But would large corporate companies really use a similar fashion to do their bookkeeping?

Sage & SAP are quite popular internationally.

USA is more diverse than other countries in accounting software.

What you will find is industry preferences bundled with CRM and ERP solutions. For example in agriculture and manufacturing I see a lot of SAP products.

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

excells are easy enough to build

there time consuming to input all the data

but yes there commercial software as you can see by visiting amazon and bestbuy sites 

cost not usually cheap but there are the 20dollar things

freshbooks will probably be your best choice for price and function

hell here in usa we really just embraced in last 5 years filing our taxes online even though i got a digital pin in 2001 as "e-file" early adopter

5 minutes ago, Flashie said:

Every town? Wouldn't there be something that would more popularly used in a single state than another rather? I've done bookkeeping for rental-management through means of a robust excel spreadsheet before; But would large corporate companies really use a similar fashion to do their bookkeeping?

shit no. large corporates have standards and audits to adhere to. Here in NZ small companies that cannot afford the big expensive products use products from MYOB, Xero, or Datacom. I dont think these three companies have broken international markets so Im sure USA would have something similar for that market segment that the likes of IBM cannot scale down to.

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

1 minute ago, SCHISCHKA said:

shit no. large corporates have standards and audits to adhere to. Here in NZ small companies that cannot afford the big expensive products use products from MYOB, Xero, or Datacom. I dont think these three companies have broken international markets so Im sure USA would have something similar for that market segment that the likes of IBM cannot scale down to.

Xero even I have heard about here in SA (Was on one of those early-morning news shows as a sit-down presentation). I assume companies that are on the same standard as Microsoft; Apple; IBM would all have custom solutions in place tailor made for them?

8 minutes ago, Flashie said:

Xero even I have heard about here in SA (Was on one of those early-morning news shows as a sit-down presentation). I assume companies that are on the same standard as Microsoft; Apple; IBM would all have custom solutions in place tailor made for them?

IBM does do custom database related products, and I imagine they would make their own. IBM screwed up NZ's police database back in the 90s.

We have a alcohol brewing company that makes their own supply chain and logistics software but that is quite a big company to afford a team of software engineers.

Iv never thought about what MS or Apple uses. That would actually be interesting.

You'd have to look through job adverts. Its a social engineering technique they taught us at uni is to go through job adverts to guess what technology a company uses if you want to hack them.

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_