Are my Razer Adaro DJ's deffective or need more power?

Go to solution Solved by Dackzy,
10 minutes ago, Black_Vanguard07 said:

Whoa, YIKES, I honestly didn't think 7 dB would be that much of a difference. However, I'm a little confused. Why do the Adaro Dj's sound worse than the kraken pro's while the pro's are pulling more power?

power needed != quality. You probably just like the signature of the pro's or you got a broken pair.

either way, just return them and then maybe look through this list, there are lots of different headphones with different signatures.

Greetings,

Recently I bought the Razer Adaro DJ headphones on amazon, but when I started using it on my smartphone to play music.... it sounded flat, weak and a little distorted compared to my other headphones-Razer Kraken Pro. Through a music app called Poweramp, I tried adjusting the EQ and no matter what tweaks I made they still sounded awful. I even tried using them on my pc (front AND rear panel audio) and they sounded the same.

I then started looking online to check if these may be headphones that need additional power to sound good. But it turns out, the Adaro's have identical specs to the Krakens. They're both low impedence, high efficiency headphones, they both are rated at 32 Ohms and sensitivity are both within 7 Db of each other.

So I guess, I want to know whether I should return the Adaro's for a replacement, or just refund them all together. Any helpful input would be appreciated, THANKS!   

5 minutes ago, Black_Vanguard07 said:

Greetings,

Recently I bought the Razer Adaro DJ headphones on amazon, but when I started using it on my smartphone to play music.... it sounded flat, weak and a little distorted compared to my other headphones-Razer Kraken Pro. Through a music app called Poweramp, I tried adjusting the EQ and no matter what tweaks I made they still sounded awful. I even tried using them on my pc (front AND rear panel audio) and they sounded the same.

I then started looking online to check if these may be headphones that need additional power to sound good. But it turns out, the Adaro's have identical specs to the Krakens. They're both low impedence, high efficiency headphones, they both are rated at 32 Ohms and sensitivity are both within 7 Db of each other.

So I guess, I want to know whether I should return the Adaro's for a replacement, or just refund them all together. Any helpful input would be appreciated, THANKS!   

Try getting another set. 

7dB difference in sensitivity is quite a bit m8.

here is how much power the "DJ" ones need

Spoiler

dj.png.b020f42c6116d057991a24f8d935aeff.png

and here the "pro"

Spoiler

cancer.png.601349835b638baa80d12f51b9685d06.png

you see that difference? They are both still easy to drive headphones, but it is pretty clear which ones that require the most power.

Let me just clear more up. All Razer audio product distort, they are all low quality.

Get your money back and buy headphones from a company that actually knows what the fuck they are doing.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

4 hours ago, Dackzy said:

7dB difference in sensitivity is quite a bit m8.

here is how much power the "DJ" ones need

Hide contents

dj.png.b020f42c6116d057991a24f8d935aeff.png

and here the "pro"

Hide contents

cancer.png.601349835b638baa80d12f51b9685d06.png

you see that difference? They are both still easy to drive headphones, but it is pretty clear which ones that require the most power.

Let me just clear more up. All Razer audio product distort, they are all low quality.

Get your money back and buy headphones from a company that actually knows what the fuck they are doing.

Whoa, YIKES, I honestly didn't think 7 dB would be that much of a difference. However, I'm a little confused. Why do the Adaro Dj's sound worse than the kraken pro's while the pro's are pulling more power?

10 minutes ago, Black_Vanguard07 said:

power needed != quality. You probably just like the signature of the pro's or you got a broken pair.

either way, just return them and then maybe look through this list, there are lots of different headphones with different signatures.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

4 hours ago, Dackzy said:

I'll check it out, thanks for the advice man!