Is the GPU market still insane?

kelvinhall05

I haven't been getting many listings, and I was wondering if it was because my price ($400) is too high. Thoughts? Thanks!

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

1 minute ago, kelvinhall05 said:

I haven't been getting many listings, and I was wondering if it was because my price ($400) is too high. Thoughts? Thanks!

your price? fro what?

and hell yes mining craze all over the place

FOLDING MONTH 2021! GOGOGO and save on some heating costs 🙂

44 minutes ago, Metallus97 said:

your price? fro what?

and hell yes mining craze all over the place

Sorry, I meant my RX 470. Exact model in my signature.

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

49 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

400 is insane. Mining craze or not, just silly. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

16 minutes ago, DildorTheDecent said:

400 is insane. Mining craze or not, just silly. 

Yeah, multiple people on here said that it was a good price...

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

38 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Weird...I always thought that everybody here was pissed at the suddenly expensive GPUs. LTT then.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

43 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Must be because they thought the mining craze would make people spend an upwards of 240 USD over the MSRP!

I would go for 300 or 350 if you want to try your chances, 400 seems pretty high.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

51 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

I think the MSRP for an RX 470 is $179, and was at or below $200 a few weeks ago. So I definitely wouldn't call $400 a "good price." I suggest you just wait for this particular cryptocurrency gold rush to run its natural course, rather than pay $400 for that card.

400$ for a RX 470? Yes, that's too much. With that money you can easily get a GTX 1060 6GB or with a $100 more you can even get a GTX 1080...

(https://pcpartpicker.com/product/MMyxFT/pny-geforce-gtx-1080-8gb-video-card-vcggtx10808pb)

CPU: i7-12700KF Grill Plate Edition // MOBO: Asus Z690-PLUS WIFI D4 // RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200MHz CL14 

GPU: MSI GTX 1080 FE // PSU: Corsair RM750i // CASE: Thermaltake Core X71 // BOOT: Samsung Evo 960 500GB

STORAGE: WD PC SN530 512GB + Samsung Evo 860 500GB // COOLING: Full custom loop // DISPLAY: LG 34UC89G-B

I just sold a used RX 470 for 320€, thats almost tops. And ethereum price dropped a LOT today and yesterday, maybe this will reduce the mining.

PS: 13 Jun was 395$, now is 220$.

Spoiler

Main PC: CPU Xeon E3-1231 V3 - MB Asrock B85M Pro3 - RAM 16GB Kingston - GPU GTX 1070 Gainward Phoenix - PSU Corsair AX760i - Monitor  LG 22EA63 - Keyboard Corsair Strafe - Mouse Logitech G402 - Storage 2x3TB WD Green - 240GB OCZ SSD