Do 140mm fans make much difference vs 120mm in terms of airflow, cooling ability, and noise?

Bleedingyamato
48 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Can the single CPU fan header handle the CPU fan and additional case fans?

I mean there's only so much power to a single fan header isn't there?

Unless you're running both fans at 100%, you won't have any issues. The issues come when your PC start asking the fans to go all out and end up trying to get 24v from a 12v PWM... I'm probably wrong about this, but I've had some issues splitting PWM so I've stopped doing it lol.

"The only thing that matters right now is that you're here, and you're safe."

7 minutes ago, Hiitchy said:

Unless you're running both fans at 100%, you won't have any issues. The issues come when your PC start asking the fans to go all out and end up trying to get 24v from a 12v PWM... I'm probably wrong about this, but I've had some issues splitting PWM so I've stopped doing it lol.

I'd be running 4 fans from the CPU fan header: the CPU cooler fan and 3 case fans.  

I found this on Amazon I could get:

https://www.amazon.com/SilverStone-System-Cables-Black-CPF04/dp/B00VNW556I/ref=sr_1_14?ie=UTF8&qid=1498721643&sr=8-14&keywords=pwm+fan+splitter

Which I just noticed the item page for it says it plugs into the PSU for power so that would answer that question.  ?

13 hours ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Can the single CPU fan header handle the CPU fan and additional case fans?

I mean there's only so much power to a single fan header isn't there?

Splitters and hubs that support many fans will also often have a molex or sata power connector for external power from the psu.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

11 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

Splitters and hubs that support many fans will also often have a molex or sata power connector for external power from the psu.

I noticed that after I asked the question.  ?

My concern is that while mining only my GPU gets hot but not my CPU that if my case fans are using the CPU temp reading to determine speed then they might not run fast enough to be properly effective at assisting with cooking my 1080 ti.  

3 hours ago, Bleedingyamato said:

I noticed that after I asked the question.  ?

My concern is that while mining only my GPU gets hot but not my CPU that if my case fans are using the CPU temp reading to determine speed then they might not run fast enough to be properly effective at assisting with cooking my 1080 ti.  

You can try using SpeedFan to make the fans respond to the graphics card temps.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.