EKWB EK Fluid Gaming A240G for 980ti

I have a very simple question.

EKWB EK Fluid Gaming A240G  - does the GPU waterblock fit MSI GTX 980 TI Golden Edition. 

I have this question because, Jaystwocents , in his youtube video said that it is compatible, but the website says otherwise. 

Has anyone purchased this and tried it. 

4 minutes ago, blnswamy said:

I have a very simple question.

EKWB EK Fluid Gaming A240G  - does the GPU waterblock fit MSI GTX 980 TI Golden Edition. 

I have this question because, Jaystwocents , in his youtube video said that it is compatible, but the website says otherwise. 

Has anyone purchased this and tried it. 

get a EKWB supremacy, they work on any gpu

5 minutes ago, blnswamy said:

-snip-

If i remember correctly Jay said it would work with the founders edition cards. not a custom pcb one like the golden edition.

#killedmywife #howtomakebombs #vgamasterrace

2 minutes ago, Tiwaz said:

this fact is , i am looking for a custom cooling solution, but i dont want to shop for each and every part. the EKWB A240G seems like it has everything i need in a kit form. 

3 minutes ago, Tiwaz said:

BAD ADVICE, the A240G is in aluminium, and there would be galvanic corrosion

So true it hurts

1 minute ago, simson0606 said:

If i remember correctly Jay said it would work with the founders edition cards. not a custom pcb one like the golden edition.

you are probably right.. i might not have paid attention to 'founder's edition' 

Just now, SirFlamenco said:

so are you saying, A240G is not recommended, since it is made of aluminium.

Chemistry tells us that as long as you dont mix metals, it should be fine. If i go the aluminium route, i should stick to only using Aluminium parts all through out. 

2 minutes ago, SirFlamenco said:

all AIOs are aliminium, just dont mix metals, and many AIOs only stop working because of pump failure

1 minute ago, blnswamy said:

so are you saying, A240G is not recommended, since it is made of aluminium.

Chemistry tells us that as long as you dont mix metals, it should be fine. If i go the aluminium route, i should stick to only using Aluminium parts all through out. 

hmm i actually think the supremacy is only available in copper and nickel. but there should be universal ones in aluminium as well

I think you should listen to EK WBs; they have a very extensive database of what is and isn't compatible. 

You might see if you can get the kit without the GPU and then find out if the make an aluminum block that fits your GPU. As has been mentioned, don't mix metals. 

Alternatively, you could get one of the other kits and while they cost more they give you parts that work with the more commonly available individual parts. 

No, the GPU block of the A240G isn't compatible with your card.  And don't use any of our Copper blocks with our Fluid Gaming Aluminum series.

If you decide to stick with your GPU, you might aim to one of our other kits made of copper and this way you'll be able to buy the EK-FC980 GTX Ti TF5 block for your card (and 2 extra fittings).

But it will be more expensive...

Just now, EK Luc said:

No, the GPU block of the A240G isn't compatible with your card.  And don't use any of our Copper blocks with our Fluid Gaming Aluminum series.

If you decide to stick with your GPU, you might aim to one of our other kits made of copper and this way you'll be able to buy the EK-FC980 GTX Ti TF5 block for your card (and 2 extra fittings).

But it will be more expensive...

thank you for the response. 

i am planning to switch to a 1080Ti soon. however, i have not decided on what to get. Do your Aluminium series work with any card, or just reference edition designs. 

1 more thing - is it possible to replace the soft tubes with hard tubing if i want to , in the fluid gaming aluminum series. 

On 23/06/2017 at 2:29 PM, blnswamy said:

thank you for the response. 

i am planning to switch to a 1080Ti soon. however, i have not decided on what to get. Do your Aluminium series work with any card, or just reference edition designs. 

1 more thing - is it possible to replace the soft tubes with hard tubing if i want to , in the fluid gaming aluminum series. 

Sorry for the delay :(

The Aluminum series only covers the reference design cards.  Here's the list : https://www.ekwb.com/configurator/waterblock/3831109890769

For now, we don't have any solutions for hard tubing.  Maybe we'll have an aluminum version of our hard tubing fittings in the future but I don't have that info for now.

• 1 month later...
On 19/08/2017 at 1:04 PM, Introoke said:

Where can I find one? could you give me a link or something?

He was reffering to this : VGA Supremacy

But don't use this block if you have a Fluid Gaming Kit since the kit is made out of Aluminum and the VGA Supremacy is made out of Copper.  If you intend to use the VGA Supremacy in a traditionnal copper loop than you're fine.

2 hours ago, EK Luc said:

He was reffering to this : VGA Supremacy

But don't use this block if you have a Fluid Gaming Kit since the kit is made out of Aluminum and the VGA Supremacy is made out of Copper.  If you intend to use the VGA Supremacy in a traditionnal copper loop than you're fine.

Yeah, but the kit is only about 170€, and a single block for the gpu is like 150€... https://www.ekwb.com/shop/water-blocks/vga-blocks/full-cover-for-amd-radeon/radeon-rx-300-series

:ph34r: Visit me on YouTube: http://bit.ly/2wsobPu :ph34r: