Would you donate to a YouTube subscriptions fix?

I am in the process of creating a new youtube front end that will serve up the latest subscriptions for a user without missing any out as YouTube/Google likes to do. However, I have been reading through the API ToS and apparently I can't serve ads on a page where the focus of the content is YouTube's. Therefore, without written permission from YouTube it would be very difficult for me to monetize the site effectively, which would be required because web hosting is not free (it can be fairly cheap, but not necessarily), without asking for donations. Therefore, so that I can decide whether to push on with the development (I only need to make the front end - I am able to pull your latest videos now), I would like to know whether you would donate to a project like this when it's up and running. I would look at adding extra features, such as the ability for the uploaders to replace the (broken) comments system with an alternative (forum/reddit etc.), but that would need a fairly large user base before it would be used.

And it should be in a smoother interface than the existing youtube ui (no need to navigate to another pages to watch the video).

Just to clarify, (1) This would be separate of youtube and not created or endorsed by Google/YouTube and (2) it would just be a donation to me to say thanks for creating the product, not a required payment or anything like that.

Edited by colonel_mortis

HTTP/2 203

No, its something that they should fix to begin with.

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

Why would I donate to something they should have, and still should fix anyway. I'm not going to pay for them to fix their website.

hello

Obviously not. Why would I donate to a multi-billion company who broke their own stuff? People have nothing to complain about before.

We already do!(indirectly)

A portion of the money that is made from ads on videos goes to google and the part that is left goes to the maker of  the video.(I think 99%)

So why would we pay them again(directly) to fix something that they broke,while we are already ''supporting'' them?

"You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun than you can with just a kind word." -- Al Capone.

Just to clarify, (1) This would be separate of youtube and not created or endorsed by Google/YouTube and (2) it would just be a donation to me to say thanks for creating the product, not a required payment or anything like that. Not to YouTube.

Matsy CreepingMoth JupiteL MikeTz

Edited by colonel_mortis

HTTP/2 203

Just to clarify, (1) This would be separate of youtube and not created or endorsed by Google/YouTube and (2) it would just be a donation to me to say thanks for creating the product, not a required payment or anything like that. Not to YouTube.

Matsy CreepingMoth JupiteL MikeTz

Yes I know, I wouldn't pay you to fix googles/youtubes own mistakes.

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

I am in the process of creating a new youtube front end that will serve up the latest subscriptions for a user without missing any out as YouTube/Google likes to do. However, I have been reading through the API ToS and apparently I can't serve ads on a page where the focus of the content is YouTube's. Therefore, without written permission from YouTube it would be very difficult for me to monetize the site effectively, which would be required because web hosting is not free (it can be fairly cheap, but not necessarily), without asking for donations. Therefore, so that I can decide whether to push on with the development (I only need to make the front end - I am able to pull your latest videos now), I would like to know whether you would donate to a project like this when it's up and running. I would look at adding extra features, such as the ability for the uploaders to replace the (broken) comments system with an alternative (forum/reddit etc.), but that would need a fairly large user base before it would be used.

And it should be in a smoother interface than the existing youtube ui (no need to navigate to another pages to watch the video).

Can we somehow comment on videos without having to have a Google+ profile? :)

Desktop: Intel Core i7-6700K, ASUS Z170-A, ASUS STRIX GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4 RAM, 512 GB Samsund 840 Pro, Seasonic X series 650W PSU, Fractal Design Define R4, 2x5TB HDD

Hypervisor 1: Intel Xeon E5-2630L, ASRock EPC612D8, 16GB DDR4 ECC RAM, Intel RT3WB080 8-port RAID controller plus expansion card, Norco RPC-4020 case, 20x2TB WD Red HDD

Other spare hypervisors: Dell Poweredge 2950, HP Proliant DL380 G5

Laptops: ThinkPads, lots of ThinkPads

Can we somehow comment on videos without having to have a Google+ profile? :)

I did think about that, but the only way to do that on the normal google comments would be to create loads of G+ accounts and then you use them to post. Perhaps.

HTTP/2 203